What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill now officially a 'wanted man'

Knight87

Juniors
if he gets his assets and money frozen, and doesn't play in the NRL again and is not allowed to play in Union, things won't be looking pretty for him, that's for sure.

Kiki

First Grade
i would like to see him have to go get a real job. he really has no idea how blessed he is does he?

if he gets his assets and money frozen, and doesn't play in the NRL again and is not allowed to play in Union, things won't be looking pretty for him, that's for sure.

You can never prevent him from working in France.
Our laws are different, and our judges hate that foreigner come to say to them what to make..:lol:

Knight87

Juniors
You can never prevent him from working in France.
Our laws are different, and our judges hate that foreigner come to say to them what to make..:lol:

You speak good English for someone who is from France:D. As far as I'm aware of, not many people in France speak English (especially in comparison to the Scandanavian and Germanic countries).

mattyg

Bench
I'd love nothing more than to see him spend some time in prison over this. I'm sure he won't be whinging about getting $500,000 a year then.

Rogue.9

Juniors
If they take SBW's assets I'm sure Khoder Nasser will let him stay at his place (until they take that too), after all it's the least he can do for totally f**king up his life.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
RCT Président said:
"We have to wait to find out the position of the IRB, the FFR, the LNR and some Australian tribunals, because this case is extremly atypcial, a bit like if a basketball player decided to try his hand at soccer.", explains Boudjellal. "If he has the will to play here, to quit league, if we have the autorisation of the IRB and if these conditions correspond to our means, we will study the proposition.This will be an enormous chance".

David Gallop 24 hours earlier stated...

David Gallop said:
"If they [the IRB] don't have jurisdiction, then who does? Can this rogue club simply operate without rules in their code?”

Something stinks here.

It looks like the IRB have just been given the jurisdiction by the president of RCT - but then again this guy was basically lying his pants off 24 hours ago. If the IRB are even half decent human beings this thing will be nipped in the bud quick smart at the request of Gallop and his cronies. If not (and I personally think the IRB will at first try to seek a compromise between both parties) when you throw in the FFR, the LNR, some austere courts in both France and Australia, and bunch of Newscorp laywers this is certainly going to turn into one hell of a sh*tfight.

I can't understand how anyone could throw everything they had behind them for such a risky venture. Eastsrules, budding LU law student, has stated that SBW & Co would have researched this all in advance....I don't think so.
Panneau31.gif

Last edited:
I'd love nothing more than to see him spend some time in prison over this. I'm sure he won't be whinging about getting $500,000 a year then.

But the poor guy, is going to live in France, is it not already sufficient?:lol:
He will laugh less in front of his dish of snails or frogs.:twisted:

If the IRB are even half decent human beings this thing will be nipped in the bud quick smart at the request of Gallop and his cronies. If not (and I personally think the IRB will at first try to seek a compromise between both parties) when you throw in the FFR, the LNR, some austere courts in both France and Australia, and bunch of Newscorp laywers this is certainly going to turn into one hell of a sh*tfight.

I can't understand how anyone could throw everything they had behind them for such a risky venture.

IRB's président is French. And it is well known that our rugby union leaders like rugby league.:roll:

CharlieF

Juniors
I'll put my 2 cents in and declare that this will be the death of the Salary cap. Once Williams is forced to defend himself, he will obviously bring to light the unfair restaint of trade that everyone knows exists. It doesn't matter to the courts that its because certain clubs need it to survive. There is no salary cap preventing small business from going under.

Here are sponsors and endorsers wanting to pay Williams money, but the NRL say he is not allowed to earn it. The contract he signed was signed under these unfair conditions. This will all come out in court.

For the sake of one player, the NRL will probably bring a lot of the clubs to their knees once the salary cap is outlawed. Regardless, it is inevitable that the Cap will go. The only reason this whole situation is so is because of it.

shiznit

Coach
David Gallop 24 hours earlier stated...

Something stinks here.

It looks like the IRB have just been given the jurisdiction by the president of RCT - but then again this guy was basically lying his pants off 24 hours ago. If the IRB are even half decent human beings this thing will be nipped in the bud quick smart at the request of Gallop and his cronies. If not (and I personally think the IRB will at first try to seek a compromise between both parties) when you throw in the FFR, the LNR, some austere courts in both France and Australia, and bunch of Newscorp laywers this is certainly going to turn into one hell of a sh*tfight.

I can't understand how anyone could throw everything they had behind them for such a risky venture. Eastsrules, budding LU law student, has stated that SBW & Co would have researched this all in advance....I don't think so.
Panneau31.gif
:lol: @ going to the IRB...

the LNR will tell the IRB to f**k off... what do you think the NRL would say if the IRLF got involved in a NRL matter??

the IRB are a smaller version of FIFA. the power is held by european clubs.