What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Boy Williams fined for speeding

mattyg

Bench
ohh MASSIVE news

i'm surprised it wasn't on the front page of the daily rag...well maybe tomorrow

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
A high profile idiot is caught speeding for the fifth time. Of course it will make news. What type of goose needs to be caught that many times and not learn their lesson? He needs a good kick up the arse by Bulldogs management.

ibeme

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
A high profile idiot is caught speeding for the fifth time. Of course it will make news. What type of goose needs to be caught that many times and not learn their lesson? He needs a good kick up the arse by Bulldogs management.

That comment is a long way from being accurate. His car was caught speeding on a speed camera 5 times. SBW was unaware of any speeding offences because the fines were being sent to a previous address. He only learned of them when he was done for DUI.

He faced court and pleaded guilty to two of the speeding offences, and the rest were dropped because he provided whatever he had to provide to backup his claims that he wasn't the driver of the vehicle at the time.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
ibeme said:
That comment is a long way from being accurate. His car was caught speeding on a speed camera 5 times. SBW was unaware of any speeding offences because the fines were being sent to a previous address. He only learned of them when he was done for DUI.

He faced court and pleaded guilty to two of the speeding offences, and the rest were dropped because he provided whatever he had to provide to backup his claims that he wasn't the driver of the vehicle at the time.

Oh, so it's only because he got caught...

Ice777

Bench
effnic said:
Best comeback 2006 award

Didn't you already give me that award for when i called you effwit? It would seem this trophy is not as prestigious as i first thought given you hand it out to anyone and everyone :sarcasm:

HevyDevy

Coach
Tamazoid said:
Media now reporting people who get speeding fines? What a joke.

Of course it's f**king news. He is a high profile person and when things like this happen to a high profile they get reported.

There was no judgement made in the story about it, they merely reported that it had happened. Which it did.

I don't understand:

a) Why the fact that he was speeding a little is a major problem, or
b) What's wrong with it being reported.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CliffyIsGod said:

:|

Instead of having a spot shot at the 'Dogs without ACTUALLY reading the words in the article... why not take time out to read the real story?

The last of these offences was recorded in January 2005 - OVER 18 MONTHS ago.

'Caught speeding for the fifth time' shows me you read sweet f**k all of the article and assumed he did it again. Rest assured if he had it would be front page news and no Bulldogs supporter with half a brain would be defending him. This is just needless sh*tstirring by the media on a slow news day. He's had the kick up the backside that you speak of, I think maybe it's time to isolate the problems currently rife in other clubs rather than continue to make a mountain out of a molehill at Canterbury.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Timmah said:
:|

Instead of having a spot shot at the 'Dogs without ACTUALLY reading the words in the article... why not take time out to read the real story?

The last of these offences was recorded in January 2005 - OVER 18 MONTHS ago.

'Caught speeding for the fifth time' shows me you read sweet f**k all of the article and assumed he did it again. Rest assured if he had it would be front page news and no Bulldogs supporter with half a brain would be defending him. This is just needless sh*tstirring by the media on a slow news day. He's had the kick up the backside that you speak of, I think maybe it's time to isolate the problems currently rife in other clubs rather than continue to make a mountain out of a molehill at Canterbury.

Let's get caught five times... Five!

ibeme

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
Let's get caught five times... Five!

Two times... Two!

If you'd read the article, you'd realise that three of the charges were dropped because he was able to provide the necessary evidence to prove that he wasn't driving. I remember reading that he was in NZ when one of the offences was committed.

He still insists that he wasn't driving on the other two occasions for which he pleaded guilty either, but he took the wrap because he couldn't provide any evidence to back it up.