What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Boy Williams fined for speeding

effnic

Bench
Sonny Boy Williams fined for speeding

August 31, 2006
NATIONAL Rugby League star Sonny Bill Williams has been fined $330 after pleading guilty to two speeding fines in a Sydney court.
The Bulldogs' player had five other speeding infringements withdrawn and dismissed in Downing Centre Local Court yesterday.
Williams had pleaded not guilty to all seven offences after allegedly being clocked by Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) cameras across five Sydney suburbs between June 4, 2004, and January 22, 2005.
His lawyer, Mitchell Cavanagh, said today the RTA withdrew all but two of the speeding fines yesterday.
"He (Williams) pleaded guilty to the remaining two offences but he maintains he was not the driver on those occasions," he said.
Williams was not driving when the offences were committed but pleaded guilty because he did not nominate another driver to the RTA, Mr Cavanagh said. "His plea of guilty was entered and accepted on the basis of not being guilty of speeding, but he had failed to comply with the (RTA) notice provision," he said.
Williams was fined $210 for exceeding the speed limit by more than 15km/h, and $120 for exceeding the speed limit by less than 15km/h.
He was also ordered to pay court costs of $67 for each offence.
Williams had been due to face Downing Centre Local Court tomorrow but Mr Cavanagh said the matter was brought forward after the two parties reached an agreement.
"It had been sorted out in advance and the date suited myself and the solicitor for the RTA," he said.
Williams, 21, was fined $700 and suspended from driving for five months after he was caught low-range drink driving in August last year.
AAP
fox sports news

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20315097-1702,00.html

Mut

Juniors
What a crock. Mr Noad must have friends in high places the mut thinks. All Sonnyboy gets is a slap on the wrist and dont do it again. Muts foot he was not the driver, otherwise he would have gladily given the names of the person driving at the time.

Speeding is a crime Sonny. People die. If you speed you are a criminal. Criminals should be brought to justice. You Sonnyboy are a criminal and obviously not man enough to face up to your mistakes.

Lucky you can play football you softc*ck. Hope you break a leg in the finals you pill

Woooooo! The Bulldogs are invincible!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:roll:

Let's bring up previous indiscretions that have already gone through the ringer. :thumb

eelsta

Bench
I guess that means manly wouldn't sign SBW if he came on the market with there new no baggage policy.......:lol:

Kilkenny

Coach
I hope he disregards his licence suspension and gets picked up by the cops driving to CUA on Sunday. Spending a couple of hours in the lock up and missing the game may be the only chance the Panthers have of winning on Sunday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BTW, effnic, you dyslexic f**k, it's Sonny Bill Williams ;-)

Herbert Powell

Juniors
Mut said:
What a crock. Mr Noad must have friends in high places the mut thinks. All Sonnyboy gets is a slap on the wrist and dont do it again. Muts foot he was not the driver, otherwise he would have gladily given the names of the person driving at the time.

Speeding is a crime Sonny. People die. If you speed you are a criminal. Criminals should be brought to justice. You Sonnyboy are a criminal and obviously not man enough to face up to your mistakes.

Lucky you can play football you softc*ck. Hope you break a leg in the finals you pill

No it isn't.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Mut said:

#-o

effnic

Bench
eelsta said:
I guess that means manly wouldn't sign SBW if he came on the market with there new no baggage policy.......:lol:
I just copied and pasted the latest news from fox sports you nob jockey im not having a dig at anyone, i actually thought it was a bit of a beat up myself but we are all here to discuss the matters at hand.

Latest posts