What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Wristband Appeal

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's f**king ordinary dude... what sort of people were the ones spitting and abusing you? Any particular set of fans, NZ or Aust? F**king weak.

I know we've had our differences in the past but if you're still going with this at all and you can clear with with BCCS management I'm happy to help on Sat 23 May between the 'Dogs and Storm.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Just out of interest, what did Ray Hadley do (or not do) that wasn't supportive of the cause?

Don't let rotten QLDers ruin your spirit. You've done an amazing job.

MrBubbles

Juniors
Well my spirit is officially shattered.

I'm never helping anyone...ever again..

What do you get for putting your finances on the line trying to help people someone you never knew, from a team you never supported you may ask?

How about:
- A can of beer thrown at my head
- People telling me i'm a F'ing A$$hole
- People spitting at me
- People saying they'd buy one and then throw it back in my face
- Have volunteers say "yeah..sweet i'll be there...and 5 of them then just don't turn up
- People trying to bargain....and telling me I should accept 10 wristbands for $5 because noone gives a Sh!t who Sonny Fai is...
- Because they are kiwi supporters I should give it to them for free and when I tell them the only people they are robbing from is the Fai's, they reply with "who cares"
- Trying to undermine my integrity..saying i'm on a salary...and that i'm a fraud...i'm sorry but piss off...i've even paid for my own flight/accommodation/expenses to be up here to not be allowed by the ARL to sell outside the ground because they are so lazy that they tell me yes...and then no...and then they want a margin...to ok..maybe a margin was out of line.

I'm officially...broken.

The one thing keeping me sane...is the fantastic people i've met through this process, the fantastic support we've received from the vast majority of fans, and the looks on peoples faces when they buy them. And most importantly...the comments like "congratulations" and "Well done on doing a good job". Thats the only thing that keeps me sane.

Ray Hadley, ARL, and others who just want to not support us...but disrespect not just us but the Fai's...take a bow. I've got no problem in people not believing in it...that's fine...that's your belief...and thats ok...but to just not care...I don't understand.

There's my final update...positive yeah?
People are reacting this way for a reason. Perhaps they think you like attention and that you are insincere! I do.

Big Mick

Referee
That's f**king ordinary dude... what sort of people were the ones spitting and abusing you? Any particular set of fans, NZ or Aust? F**king weak.

I know we've had our differences in the past but if you're still going with this at all and you can clear with with BCCS management I'm happy to help on Sat 23 May between the 'Dogs and Storm.

One Aussie fan near the end of the night when I was by myself. Game just kicked off...spat on me and then proceded to abuse me.

I realise I shouldn't have vented this on here...so if Admin wanna get rid of it...I apologise I was just venting.

Never apologise. It's an absolute disgrace what has happened. You've done an amazing job mate, and the LU community is damn proud of what you have achieved.

No-one could blame you for how you're feeling, it's an absolute shame.

MrBubbles

Juniors
One Aussie fan near the end of the night when I was by myself. Game just kicked off...spat on me and then proceded to abuse me.

I realise I shouldn't have vented this on here...so if Admin wanna get rid of it...I apologise I was just venting.
He spat on your for a reason!

Are you really at one with your market?

Big Mick

Referee
No-one could blame you for how you're feeling, it's an absolute shame.

I guess its just a feeling of disappointment as to what it could have been....rather than what has happened.

Dave deserves most of the credit. What a great character. Made one of the best calls i've ever heard at Mt Smart. haha.

Anyways...time to build a bridge, think positive...and the good things we've given to the Fai's.

Now i'm going to enjoy a nice cold drink with my dad :D.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So have you wrapped up selling of the bands now Mick?

Chook Norris

First Grade
How about:
- A can of beer thrown at my head
- People telling me i'm a F'ing A$$hole
- People spitting at me
- People saying they'd buy one and then throw it back in my face
- Have volunteers say "yeah..sweet i'll be there...and 5 of them then just don't turn up
- People trying to bargain....and telling me I should accept 10 wristbands for $5 because noone gives a Sh!t who Sonny Fai is...
- Because they are kiwi supporters I should give it to them for free and when I tell them the only people they are robbing from is the Fai's, they reply with "who cares"
- Trying to undermine my integrity..saying i'm on a salary...and that i'm a fraud...i'm sorry but piss off...i've even paid for my own flight/accommodation/expenses to be up here to not be allowed by the ARL to sell outside the ground because they are so lazy that they tell me yes...and then no...and then they want a margin...to ok..maybe a margin was out of line.

I'm officially...broken.

F**k that's no good :(
You've done great Mick, i'm sure you've done Sonny and his family proud.

Sueb

Juniors
That really sucks. I helped sell them at both games over here (NZ) and had nothing but positive response. Keep your head high and know within yourself that you have done a great thing - for the Fai family and for fans of rugby league on both sides of the Tasman. Kia Kaha.

Latest posts