What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Fai Wristband Appeal

Big Mick

Referee
Ok i'm confirming i'll be at the game vs Bronco's on Friday Night...

I'll be located in the merchandise tent, rather than outside the gate. So if you'd like one...come and see me :D

Big Mick

Referee
Just a reminder to those heading out to the game tonight.

I'll be selling the wristbands near the merchandise tents set up at CUA stadium from about...4:30pm-5pm I think gates open...so whenever gates open i'll be there selling the wristbands with my dad at one, and me at the other.

So come by...say hello and show your support by honouring Sonny.

Thanks guys.

Jesbass

First Grade
Probably not as i'd rather not bother clubs more than once. But...having said that, if you are around the East/City...I can always meet up to drop them off to you.

Alternatively, Mick and I will be doing a laidback casual sell at the Warriors match on Sunday, so if you have a Roosters fan making the journey, they can get one at the gates while the NYC match is underway. :thumn

Big Mick

Referee
Hey guys,

Its been a while since we've provided an update, so i've been running around like a headless chicken the last couple of of weeks organising stuff.

We have 3 remaining games we will be selling at for the remainder of the wristbands.

Game 1 - Tomorrow - Wests Tigers vs Knights - Wests were kind enough to allow myself and my father the opportunity to sell the wristbands, so if any of you Tiger's or Knights fans going to Campbelltown tomorrow, please come and see us!

Game 2 - Dragons vs Warriors - Wollongong - Dragons have been fantastic. Have told me they are going to give it a great push on their site, papers, TV and at the game. They are going to allow us to sell at all 3 gates, so if any Dragons/Warriors fan's would like to help me out...and volunteer your services up until game time...i'd really love the help!

Game 3 - The Test - I'm obviously hoping to sell out before that, but we have 1,700 up in NZ at the moment. Negotiations with ARL have stalled as I asked to give an indication of success...all I got was We are having a board meeting on April 30 giving me like 7 days to organise flights, volunteers...everything...So instead of paying $200 for return ticket, it'll cost me $500 due to ARL not giving me any indication...despite QRL and NZRL backing...I dunno...but hopefully that'll go ahead. :D

So these will be the last 3 games the wristbands will be available in Australia. Other than that if we do not sell out, then they will still be available via E-mail at Faiwristband@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone here for your support through this whole process. Its been fantastic!

Big Mick

Referee
Again, i'll be at the Tigers game today..leaving shortly...hope to see you there.

If any of your Dragons/Warriors fans heading down next week would like to lend a hand...just let me know :D I'd really appreciate it. Plus i've been told some of the Flames might be there to assist us...there you go...bit of incentive.

Big Mick

Referee
Again, i'll be at the Tigers game today..leaving shortly...hope to see you there.

If any of your Dragons/Warriors fans heading down next week would like to lend a hand...just let me know :D I'd really appreciate it. Plus i've been told some of the Flames might be there to assist us...there you go...bit of incentive.

Also guys,

If we get the all clear from the ARL on April 30...I need to find some volunteers in Brisbane for the test match on May 8.

If you would like to help out for the game...and volunteer your time, that'd be fantastic.

Please PM myself and i'll get back to you :D

Thanks guys.

Should have read this brought 1 each for the missus and I.

Good on ya mate for donating ur time to a worthy cause.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I'll pick one up at the Dragons/Warriors this week, saw you guys at Campo but had no money :(

Big Mick

Referee
I'll pick one up at the Dragons/Warriors this week, saw you guys at Campo but had no money :(

No worries brother :D I'll hopefully cya there :D

While i've been sick as a dog today...I just got some fantastic news.

The Dragons...have come through in a HUGE way.

TOmorrow there will be a photo shoot with Jason Nightingale, Jeremy Smith and Chase Stanley all wearing the wristband and then they are putting out a press release saying what they are for and that they will be available at the game!...huge result!

Thank you so much to the Dragons...they've been outstanding.

They'll also provide access bands to all people whom volunteer to help me out selling them on the day...so if you'd like to help out until game time and then get to watch a bit of footy...let me know :D

I'm lost for words with happiness at the moment...totally made my day...so happy. Thank you Dragons.

Big Mick

Referee
Alrighty.

Quick update.

Well after a few empty promises regarding advertising, I was a little disappointed by the weekend push but we will be there at the Dragons vs Warriors game on Sunday.

I've got 5-6 volunteers lined up, and we'll be walking around with our boxes of wristbands and buckets with the wristbands ready to sell. So if you'd like to pick one up...please come and say hi.

As for the test match...well after the ARL saying they'd constantly get back to me..and my repeated request's saying I need to book flights/volunteer's etc...they said Resolution will be passed April 30 blah blah blah.

I book flights in good faith, only to have them come back and say that despite NZRL approval, the board decided that they didn't want us at the ground for "logistic's" purposes and might sell them via merchandise stall. And even that isn't guaranteed. So what the next move is...I really don't know but we have about 4,000 wristbands left to get through.

That's all for the update for now...i'll see you guys on Sunday at Dragons vs Warriors.