1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

SOO Doco ruined by Bennett

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by Homo man69, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Homo man69

Homo man69 Juniors

2. Spot On

Spot On Coach

People in here get sand in their vajayjay when V'landys keeps his foot on the throat of the sport that has been allowed to infiltrate once strong league areas and recruit its juniors.... so I'd expect those same supporters of this great game will unleash on Bennett for preventing such a wonderful advertisement for RL from reaching a new audience.

Homoman69 - can you please post the above in the V'landys thread too.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Homo man69 likes this.
  3. Wizardman

Wizardman First Grade

Bennett should not have been consulted about the idea, he should have been told that it was going to happen.

Among our bigger problems in rugby league, selling the game to new audiences as well as our own fans has always been a big one.

US sports spend a big part of their week promoting the game. I personally think their media requirements are too heavy but it is better than NRL with zero requirements really in comparison. AFL also craps all over us when it comes to media work.
    NRL (for its popularity) does very little in terms of media exposure. As rusted on fans, we really don't give much of a stuff about that as we will continue to consume the game. For those fringe fans and new audiences, media is everything in regards to drawing new fans in. An ESPN style documentary on our best standard product (Origin) would do absolute wonders in terms of getting our product out there for new audiences. I have watched quite a few sport documentaries which I found extremely interesting, even though I don't necessarily follow the sport. NFL docos help spark an interest in me about the game.

A big opportunity wasted....hope it happens sometime down the track.

T-Boon, moffla and Homo man69 like this.
  4. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Agreed. Especially due to the fact he was parachuted into the role. He should have been told it was a condition of being appointed. Huge opportunity wasted.

5. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Also doubt there would of been an issue if it was QLD going for 3 straight.. Smacks of ego and not wanting to look like a loser should it go that way

Homo man69 likes this.
  6. Spot On

Spot On Coach

Totally agree with this.

redVinme likes this.
  7. moffla

moffla Bench

f**king Wayne. Glad it didn't happen this year though. Hoping it happens next year with full stadiums and a QLD coach who isn't a bitter sultana.

8. Danish

Danish Referee

World class merkin acts merkiny. Big shock.

At least we’ll all take Greta joy in watching Bennett get his origin record destroyed

9. Big Pete

Big Pete Referee

If this was 2017 then I could understand the uproar, but we don't even know if this Queensland team is even worth documenting just yet. So many guys are being tossed into the deep end and this is far from a traditional Origin series.

10. DeeJ

DeeJ Bench

It's a very young and inexperienced team who probably don't need the distraction of a full time media crew in their camp 24/7.

11. The Axe of Druss

The Axe of Druss Juniors

What a weak excuse

The NFL do this in their preseason, Hard Knocks, and it generally focuses on the rookies and guys new to the team. Doesnt do them any harm

12. shear_joy9

shear_joy9 Coach

it's funny how some have said this was a great move by bennett to take some pressure off the side when in reality it's just wayne being a bitter selfish prick. He doesn't want the world to find out his half-time talks are just two words to the team "play better" and his motivational chats are just a pat on the back.