What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO Game 1

parra pete

Referee
A mate of mine who is a NSW supporter sent this email

Well, what do they expect?
Victorian Bitter is our major sponsor?
and it matters..............?????????????

No f**king ideas these idiots.
Can you see Tooheys or even Swan Lager on the back of a Maroons jumper?

NEVER

Qld are toobloodygood.

I noticed in the interviews everyone dug in, deep or somewhere.

Well praps they just fill in the hole.

carson

Juniors
Every time Gaz plays these days he just looks like a guy doing the bare minimum to collect a pay cheque.

NSW got in front and then relaxed and the next 2 sets were crap. Qld's set that Slater scored they made heaps of meters and the NSW defence was backpedaling and not moving up on them, better to move up quick and maybe give a penalty there then concede a try like they did. Some of the NSW forwards were like pillows in defence.

Every time Gaz plays these days he just looks like a guy doing the bare minimum to collect a pay cheque.
Gaz tried but he was owned everytime he got the ball Boyd was on him like a dog on heat.
Needed to be deeper running onto the ball and maybe get outside the neilsen and draw Boyd in to get Uate in the clear but Boyd was too good.

carson

Juniors
NSW got in front and then relaxed and the next 2 sets were crap. Qld's set that Slater scored they made heaps of meters and the NSW defence was backpedaling and not moving up on them, better to move up quick and maybe give a penalty there then concede a try like they did. Some of the NSW forwards were like pillows in defence.

Stuart's forward rotation was partly to blame for the final try...they were out on their feet.

Delboy

First Grade
Ennis kicked on the 4th straight down Slaters throat when he sould have played it on the 5th to let Soward kick it dead, but death and glory player does what he likes

Then straight up on the run back he misses the tackle and off they go to score, that was the play that screwed the game, he can be such a d...head

Ennis needs to play 80mins for mine. He is much more effective when he has been out there and knows the flow of the game, last night it took him over 10mins to get a feel for things, he wasn't upto speed. Not a bench player and young is not a rep hooker.
Stuarts biggest mistake was selecting Young and then starting him as hooker ahead of ennis and if we lose the series stuart should quit he has no idea.

peddles

Juniors
Also King is over rated gee the guy has been out for a few weeks and gets a walk up start into the side - did he even play last night !!!

NSW need to add Luke Lewis, Jarryd Hayne and Tom Leroyd Laris into the side.

The above three are all class in SOO and they are needed to add some leadership into the side. The forwards have Bird and Gallen as leaders, but our backline has no leadership something Hayne and Lewis if he plays 5/8 would bring.

And finally how in the F88K did Trent Merin get picked over Douglas, Galloway, Weyman, Bailey etc gee the he is a good player but he has only played 20 or so games.

I agree. 3 or 4 changes to the side for next game IMHO:

Hayne >>> Morris
TLL >>> King
Lewis >>> Young
Douglas >>> Merrin

Unfortunately, I feel Stuart will stick with the same team, barring injury.

eel01s

Bench
Unfortunately, I feel Stuart will stick with the same team, barring injury.

Of course he will stick with the same side - it was his side to pick. He can't admit he was wrong. The only changes will be those forced by injury.

Ennis needs to play 80mins for mine. He is much more effective when he has been out there and knows the flow of the game, last night it took him over 10mins to get a feel for things, he wasn't upto speed. Not a bench player and young is not a rep hooker.
Stuarts biggest mistake was selecting Young and then starting him as hooker ahead of ennis and if we lose the series stuart should quit he has no idea.

If Ennis has to do as much work as he did last night (especially running at the kickers), he wont last 80 minutes.

It was not until Ennis came on the field, that any pressure was being put on Thurston at the kick. As mentioned by Gus in the telecast, Thurston takes 5 steps before he kicks the ball at the beginning of the game (I think Timmy was the closest player at that point, so he was hardly going to be able to "sprint" at Thurston).

If they can find someone else to pressure Thurston & Lockyer at the kick, like Ennis did last night, it would be good. Young must hav been there for his defence, because he did bugger all otherwise.

Ennis' last kick was a shocker, and let Qld get really good field position, to be able to score that try. I dont blame Ennis for the loss, because I actually think he had a lot to do with shutting down Qld options, whn he was on the field. (After 5 minutes, it was looking like it was going to be a bloodbath)

yy_cheng

Coach
The 2nd try however... WTF were he and Morris doing? Dugan should have just yelled out 'yours' and Morris should have picked the f**king ball up. That was the play that lost us the game. Even if and when we scored tries, points alone weren't going to win the game after that. We needed a QLD-esque miracle.

I too thought Dugan had to take a large portion of the blame.

Dugan could see Morris and Yeah yeah running at the line. He should've yelled out KNOCK IT OUT!

When I used to play touch, there was always a call MAN ON to tell you someone was coming from behind.

Morris was dumb not to make it dead.

But Dugan also has to take blame.

Yeah, but Morris knew he had Yow Yeah there - silly bugger was sheperding the ball and playing the player - I suppose he thought it was going to go out.

Under 7 stuff - play the ball.....

Springs

First Grade
Dugan would have said something. But considering Morris was right in front of the ball and could reach out and grab it he probably though Morris was smart enough to do just that.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, but Morris knew he had Yow Yeah there - silly bugger was sheperding the ball and playing the player - I suppose he thought it was going to go out.

Under 7 stuff - play the ball.....

Doesn;t matter, if he did say something, fine. If he didn't then I think irrespectively, he should say something. I don't think Morris new how close Y Y was.

Blue & Gold

Juniors
I think if Hayne was in the same situation he would of got to the ball, put on a step and ran 100mtrs to put it under the posts ;p.

Latest posts