What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sooooo Whats The Team V Parramatta Seal

Locke
Manu
Hurrell
Inu
Fisiiahi
Maloney
Johnson

Packer
Freind
Matulino
Mateo
Mannering
Taylor

Taii
Lousi
Brown
Godinet

Bye to JRo Benry and Tupou
Haere Mai Fish Inu and Godinet

hitman82

Bench
Why drop Tupou?
He didn't really do much wrong. If it's because of a quiet first game, how about dropping Mateo or Locke?
And why swapping Manu to the other wing?

1 Locke
2 Tupou
3 Hurrell (BEAST!)
4 Inu
5 Vatuvei... yeah, no other options. Fish has been playing and training exclusively in the fullback role.
6 Maloney... needs to get more involved.
7 Johnson (GOD)
8 Lousi (he's earned it)
9 Friend
10 Package
11 Mannering
12 Mateo
13 Taylor... needs to be more aggressive and composed.

14 Brown (new supersub Hohaia on crack and roids)
15 Ta'ai
16 Matulino
17 The best Vulcan's second rower...

Iafeta

Referee
Tupou was ok, didn't do much wrong I thought, even playing outside of Benry.

1 Locke
2 Tupou
3 Inu
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Maloney
7 Johnson
8 Packer
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mannering (c)
12 Mateo
13 Taylor

Brown
Lousi
Ta'ai
Benry (personally I rate Ikahihifo a lot higher, but I'd like to see Benry play in the backrow first before changing him out of the squad)

hitman82

Bench
Yeah fair point on Benry. He probably deserves a chance in the second row. He wasn't out and out terrible.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Tupou was ok, didn't do much wrong I thought, even playing outside of Benry.

1 Locke
2 Tupou
3 Inu
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Maloney
7 Johnson
8 Packer
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mannering (c)
12 Mateo
13 Taylor

Brown
Lousi
Ta'ai
Benry (personally I rate Ikahihifo a lot higher, but I'd like to see Benry play in the backrow first before changing him out of the squad)

Agree on this, including thoughts on Ikahihifo and Benry.

Only change I might make is Hurrell and Inu swapping sides. I can understand having Inu and Manu on opposite sides to give bombing options either side, but I think our attack would be too one sided with Hurrell/Mateo and Manu on one side of the field. Would prefer threats on either side before the last tackle.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Whats the news on J-Ro? Definitely out?

1: Fisiahi
2: Tupou
3: Hurell
4: Inu/Ropati
5: Locke/Inu
6: Maloney
7: Johnson
8: Fudge
9: Freind
10: Matulino
11: Mannering
12: Mateo
13: Taylor

14: Lousi
15: Ta'ai
16: Brown
17: Benry

Manu gets a holiday, as does Locke if Ropo is fit.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
There is a 0% chance McClenna drops Vatuvei. The injury to Ropati is a blessing in disguise.

hitman82

Bench
:lol:
Yeah... after today's debacle I feel Ropati needed more high level gametime before returning to the NRL. It was a sad sight to see him hobble off.

I can sort of see where Bluey came from though: in theory, Ropati is class and experience, and Hurrell could have bombed.

Imagine what that game would have been had Hurrell totally blown his debut... shudder.

Then 16 weeks in Vulcans

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yup Hurrell could have bombed so lets put Ben Henry also on NRL debut and not a centre........in as a our starting centre.

Out of the three centres picked today Hurell was the only one who I could justify being there and he came off the bench.

hitman82

Bench
I'd like to reserve my judgement to hear when Ropo actually did his ankle.

Remember, it wasn't his "bad leg" he injured today. This was a new injury; could have happened to anyone in any game.

Not saying I agree with the selection, but obviously Bluey thought Benry was up to the task. He didn't cost us the game either way.

Maloney's geniused penalty, two geniused Locke errors, a geniused Taylor pass, 4 or 5 geniused Manu errors. Those are what cost us this game.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
.........the reason Ropati shouldn't have been there ins't because I thought he would get injured again, it was because he had played half a game in 10 months.

ozbash

Referee
Doubt we'll see JRo again.

Wouldnt make too many changes v Eels

Switch Hurrell to wing (played most of the trails there) and Manu to centre ?

Benry to the bench and Inu to other centre.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Lol switch Hurrell to wing and Manu to centre. Are you the one giving McClennan selection and interchange guidance because for the sake of the season please stop.

Rich102

Staff member
The way I see it is this:
We played badly with our two frrst-choice props out of action, new players out of position and a bad case of fumbles. We only lost to Manly, who we have a poor record against and who played well, by six points.
I am not prepared to sack Bluey or cover myself in ashes.

Latest posts