What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sooooo Whats The Team V Parramatta Seal

Micistm

Bench
wow !! :shock:

so, put a team up you whingy little f**k :cool:

X3

that game was there for the taking, first 20 mins killed it, we couldnt get back enough points.

Manly are a bloody good team.

Yep, pretty happy overall despite disappointed over 1st round loss. Depressed after the start but came back well. There were some frustrating fumbles, in the 1st game of the year. We were beaten by close to the best side in the comp IMO. Not a bad start.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
1. Locke 2. Tupou 3. Hurrell 4. Inu 5. Vatuvei 6. Maloney 7. Johnson 8. Packer 9. Friend 10. Matulino 11. Mannering 12. Mateo 13. Taylor 14. Brown 15. Lousi 16. Henry 17. Ta'ai

Agreed.

No big changes. Traditionally we start the season slowly, and yesterday was more or less par for the course. And we were up against a Manly team that was almost identical to the one that steam-rolled through the finals last year - who for some reason were being written off because Hasler has jumped ship. That team has so much experience I could probably have coached them to a win yesterday.

I was pleased that we kept coming, didn't give up. Manu had a traditional shocker, no surprises. We'll hear about his game against Parra about 40,000 times this week on Aussie league shows given the same fixture is coming up on Monday night. As long as it isn't still pouring in Sydney I'd back him to put in a much better performance. Similarly, Feleti also tends to produce the questionable offloads early in the season and gets better as the season progresses.

Centre is obviously still going to be a problem this season. I felt sorry for Jewome. Inu surely has to get a look in. I agree that the converted second rowers just do not work.

We should beat Parra. They were terrible against the Broncos on Friday.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Did he sleep with your girlfriend or something?
Never mind that he is a young player, on debut, against the reigning premiers. :crazy:.

I thought he had a very solid debut, not flashy by any means but certainly wasn't one of our worse players on the day.

Reckon you havn't been taking your pills mate.

Um no, its just that anyone can see that Inu is two times the centre he is and that I for one would like to see our best team on the field. I have never rated Ben Henry and if anything the only way I see he has a future at the moment is in the second row. If he gets picked there on the bench then fair enough with our injuries but him being in the team out of position over imo our best outside back is stupid. I said the same thing about Ropati, but tell me then what does Ben Henry offer at centre?

Iafeta

Referee
I think Bluey's doing himself a bit of a disjustice complaining about the referees and Vatuvei. They called correctly a strip on him early on after he took a bomb, the others, a couple of times there were hands near the ball but a player has to have better control than that IMO. If he was on his game he had a clear hattrick, he bombed a sitter early on.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think Bluey does have something of apoint, but it'sa problem of Manu's own making. He needs to know that opposition players will target his ball security in the tackle, and focus more on holding the pill and getting a quick play the ball instead of fighting for every metre as much as he does.

Warmess

Juniors
I have more of a problem with refs taking an age to call held on Vatuvei. Shit takes an age, and it's something I see in Hurrells future too.

To the point of the thread:

Inu into the centres. Hurrell to start. No dicking around with putting a second rower in there and announcing it 5mins before kick off.

Micistm

Bench
01. Fish
02. Locke
03. Hurell
04. Inu
05. Vatuvei
06. Maloney
07. Johnson
08. Packer
09. Friend
10. Lousi
11. Mannering
12. Mateo
13. Taylor

14. Godinet
15. Matulino
16. Taai
17. Benry

If I was picking the team this is the one I'd be inclined to go for, for round 2 as well:)

Micistm

Bench
Agreed.

No big changes. Traditionally we start the season slowly, and yesterday was more or less par for the course. And we were up against a Manly team that was almost identical to the one that steam-rolled through the finals last year - who for some reason were being written off because Hasler has jumped ship. That team has so much experience I could probably have coached them to a win yesterday.

I was pleased that we kept coming, didn't give up. Manu had a traditional shocker, no surprises. We'll hear about his game against Parra about 40,000 times this week on Aussie league shows given the same fixture is coming up on Monday night. As long as it isn't still pouring in Sydney I'd back him to put in a much better performance. Similarly, Feleti also tends to produce the questionable offloads early in the season and gets better as the season progresses.

Centre is obviously still going to be a problem this season. I felt sorry for Jewome. Inu surely has to get a look in. I agree that the converted second rowers just do not work.

We should beat Parra. They were terrible against the Broncos on Friday.

I'm just really keen to see the Fish get a chance in FG:lol:

ToiletDuck

Juniors
I'm just really keen to see the Fish get a chance in FG:lol:

I am too. Which is why I'm a little surprised to hear he's been training and playing exclusively at FB. The guy is signed until 2015 and unless Kevin's off-field antics get the better of him, the club will be looking to retain him (and rightly so). Hence I can't see why Fish isn't being developed as a centre/winger. He had a couple of shockers last yr on the wing sure, but we seem to forgive Tupou and Manu (especially Manu) for their poor games. While we have an ongoing centre crisis...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Um no, its just that anyone can see that Inu is two times the centre he is and that I for one would like to see our best team on the field. I have never rated Ben Henry and if anything the only way I see he has a future at the moment is in the second row. If he gets picked there on the bench then fair enough with our injuries but him being in the team out of position over imo our best outside back is stupid. I said the same thing about Ropati, but tell me then what does Ben Henry offer at centre?

I wasn't picking him at centre, i reckon he should be on the bench instead of Hurrell, as it is obvious that he is a better talent than Benry. Refer to my earlier post that i'd have him on the bench, or even falling off the bench in favour for the Fish as a backline utility.

My gripe was that there were 4 quotes relating to the poor bloke, who didnt do too much wrong on his debut. Not all of those gripes were related to him in the centres. We all understand that Hurrell is the better centre, and Inu is a more natural centre than Benry but I don't think he deserves all this negative attention

Fast Eddie

First Grade
He's getting 'negative attention' from me because 1. I don't rate him as a player and 2. he's being selected in front of a superior option. I don't have anything against the guy, he just shouldn't be in team at centre.

Campion

Juniors
1. Locke
2. Tupou
3. Hurrell
4. Inu
5. Vatuvei
6. Maloney
7. Johnson
8. Royal
9. Betham
10. ?
11. Swann
12. Faumuina
13. Koopu

14. Brown
15. Lousi
16. Ta'i
17. Henry

Did he sleep with your girlfriend or something?
Never mind that he is a young player, on debut, against the reigning premiers. :crazy:.

I thought he had a very solid debut, not flashy by any means but certainly wasn't one of our worse players on the day.

Reckon you havn't been taking your pills mate.

You did see that try he let in right? Soft as they come

Benry is a 2nd Rower not a Fckn centre that is all

Locke is not a wing

He wasnt a Fullback on the day that is counted either

I only chose him on the wing because we don't have anyone else that is ready just yet. Fish as a FB would be very good to see again, the kid is an athlete

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I can't believe they haven't started trying to turn Fish into a winger or centre yet. He's signed up long term and talented, why not utilise him?

Juju

Juniors
Looks like Inu's in the senior squad for the Parra game.

Taken from the Vulcans Facebook page

Team vs Windsor.

1 Glen Fisiiahi
2 Ivan Penehe
3 Rusty Bristow
4 Ruben Williams
5 Dylan Collier
6 Steve Waetford
7 Pita Godinet
8 Herman Retzlaff
9 Darin Kingi
21 Tulson caird
11 Agnatius Paasi
12 Sam Lousi
13 Sebastine Ikahihifo

14 Alehana Mara
15 Nuivao Taka
16 Daniel Palavi
17 Tavita Latu
18 Murray Iti

http://www.facebook.com/VulcansRL

Meth

Staff member
I'm not too down on Henry- it was his debut. But can we please stop trying to solve our centre shortage with our second row abundance? It is not going to work.