What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry Dogs You've Gotta Go.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Fanny Batter said:
Why not have dogs games played behind closed doors if their fans are going to act up?

This was an away game for the Dogs. Why should Easts, or any other clubs, revenue be potentially threatened by the bad behaviour of C*nterbury fans??

Cheers,
Ben S.

yappy

Bench
Does anyone really expect the club will change?

It's far too simplistic to blame a single ethnic group for Friday. Plenty of other clubs are supported by the same ethnic groups to some extent. It's the Bulldogs club culture that attracts the real grubs. They have long seen themselves as above the law and accountable to no one but themselves - no wonder hooligans love them. The arrogance and total disregard for the greater good of the game is in the club's DNA. What started out as the unifying force that built the empire of the 80's has become a cancer that is destroying not only Canterbury, but is tearing at the game.

Super League, Cap Rorts, Sexual Assault, Drug cover-ups, Crowd Violence - these are just the symptoms of the real Canterbury disease. After 2002 they promised to clean up their act. They promised to change the culture. Come 2004 and the one man who was really driving that change is forced out by those at the club who refuse to change. The real power at the Dogs was shown to lie with those who believe the Bulldogs are a law unto themselves and accountable to no one. They aren't going to change, and everyone else will have to pay the price.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I don't think that our MINORITY of fans will change at all. I think this trouble will follow us for years to come. Our area is a breeding ground for lil wannabe gangsters who are pussies when they r on their own. As long as this is the case, I think it is inevitable that we will have trouble at our games.

It is sad, but IMO, the truth.

Unknown Pleasures said:
I agree. What I don't get is how some people are always saying its just a few supporters causing trouble. The club keep dishing out fines and bans to unruly fans so why does it keep happening.

Also, why does the Canterbury-Bankstown area have such a high crime rate? The community leaders there say it is just a small section of the community. If so, and the cops keep arresting people, why doesn't the crime rate go down?

If i was John Howard I would reconsider our countries immigration policies.

Could you be anymore racist????
What do you mean reconsider our immigration policies, we have among the lowest immigration rates in the world, but one of the largest countries.

Why does this have to a race issue?

Also saying that if the police arrest people then why doesn't the crime rate go down, well that's just stupid. I bet you probably think when the country is in debt we should just print off more money too.

we need more people from the other east - eastern europe not the middle east - it is true the trouble in sydney south west is people from this background and are the people who cause trouble at dogs games- wake up to it- these people from this background refuse to consider themselves as australians and cannot or will not behave as society expects them to do and their parents are also accountable for their behaviour too as are the so called community leaders.

like the aborigines in redfern these people are a protected species for political do gooder reason - mustn't upset them - a full riot squad should have been sent in to drag these dogs supporters out and give it to them

Eels Dude

Coach
It just seems like one disaster after another from the Bulldogs club, I'm really getting fed up with it now, no other club has done anywhere near as much damage to the game in the last few yrs. However, I don't think kicking them out is an option, they should be given a chance to rebuild and if it doesn't work then perhaps more drastic steps need to be taken.

tdcockers

Juniors
Problem: Kick the dogs, the chip on the shoulder of the angry supporters gets bigger, they then go to games for the sole purpose of revenge, not to watch the game.

i don't have a solution. i don't know if anyone here has a solution. i am just glad i am not mr gallop at the moment

Its a Dogs World said:
I don't think that our MINORITY of fans will change at all. I think this trouble will follow us for years to come. Our area is a breeding ground for lil wannabe gangsters who are pussies when they r on their own. As long as this is the case, I think it is inevitable that we will have trouble at our games.

It is sad, but IMO, the truth.

so right and the gaul of some of these supporters having a go at me and my wife saying such things as all people are scared of us lebanese and our crime gangs - as i said to him lebanese crime gangs are like a primary school yard bully compared to the Russian Mafia who are in sydney's east nowdays