What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soufffs

Deadset, are they the most overrated team in the NRL history??

Last night, all to play for and absolutely nothing. There so called 'great' pack gets dominated, the halves go missing and they've got nuffies like Wesser and Talanoa in the backs to muck things up. They made the Dogs look like world beaters. I can't imagine a worse team to follow :lol:

With Souths out of the way, its time for the real contenders to stand up. We'll see my pick for the 2010 Premiership- The Gold Coast Titans step up to the title winning form they need to show when they take on the warriors in nz. The Titans- now there's a team for the future. Souths are finished.

Johns Magic

Referee
Deadset, are they the most overrated team in the NRL history??

Last night, all to play for and absolutely nothing. There so called 'great' pack gets dominated, the halves go missing and they've got nuffies like Wesser and Talanoa in the backs to muck things up. They made the Dogs look like world beaters. I can't imagine a worse team to follow :lol:

With Souths out of the way, its time for the real contenders to stand up. We'll see my pick for the 2010 Premiership- The Gold Coast Titans step up to the title winning form they need to show when they take on the warriors in nz. The Titans- now there's a team for the future. Souths are finished.

They were missing their whole pack you knob

Vic Mackey

Referee
So what every team has injuries. Tigers have had moltzen and tuiaki out all year but we don't use thy as an excuse.

Souffs season was on the line an they produced absolute garbage. After the ridiculous media wank feat all off season over souffs we all had to put up with I for am and stoked they will miss the finals.

Johns Magic

Referee
So what every team has injuries. Tigers have had moltzen and tuiaki out all year but we don't use thy as an excuse.

Souffs season was on the line an they produced absolute garbage. After the ridiculous media wank feat all off season over souffs we all had to put up with I for am and stoked they will miss the finals.

I dislike Souths as much as anyone. But saying their 'great' pack got dominated when they didn't even play is just lying.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They still had Burgess, Luke and Asotasi, two of the best forwards going round (allegedly) and a very good hooker.

I think we surprised them a bit with our defence, but Sandow should be filthy on Sutton, the little half had to do all the work. Sutton's options were poor, and that's being generous.

Johns Magic

Referee
They still had Burgess, Luke and Asotasi, two of the best forwards going round (allegedly) and a very good hooker.

So f**king what?

I know you love to act like every Bulldogs win is some epic victory and that they're on their way to winning the World Club Challenge, but that was not the pack that was talked up as 'great'.

No Luke Stuart, no Michael Crocker, no Dave Taylor, no Ben Ross. All part of the 'great pack' that was originally touted.

No Geddes and McPherson who would have been there for sure and are tried and tested NRL players. No Beau Champion. Isaac Luke played half a game after missing weeks through injury.

But keep telling yourself it was David vs Goliath.

The fact is it was not their 'great' pack that was out there last night.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So f**king what?

I know you love to act like every Bulldogs win is some epic victory and that they're on their way to winning the World Club Challenge, but that was not the pack that was talked up as 'great'.

No Luke Stuart, no Michael Crocker, no Dave Taylor, no Ben Ross. All part of the 'great pack' that was originally touted.

No Geddes and McPherson who would have been there for sure and are tried and tested NRL players. No Beau Champion. Isaac Luke played half a game after missing weeks through injury.

But keep telling yourself it was David vs Goliath.

The fact is it was not their 'great' pack that was out there last night.
Ben Ross hasn't played all year, nice of you to add his name to give your argument weight though :lol:

I know they were missing a few but the point I'm trying to make is they still had quality players out there to get the job done, two halves who on their day are very good players and a pretty solid backline.

I'm actually not trying to make the point it was David vs Goliath or that it was an epic victory - quite the opposite. We played a lot of ordinary footy and still managed a cruisey victory in the end and that doesn't bode well for Souths, who should be a much better team. I know they're missing players but the blokes there should've been able to get the job done, just sayin.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ben Ross hasn't played all year, nice of you to add his name to give your argument weight though :lol:

Are you that dense?

Care to read the sentence after I mentioned Ben Ross? Or did you just ignore that to give your argument some weight?

I know they were missing a few but the point I'm trying to make is they still had quality players out there to get the job done, two halves who on their day are very good players and a pretty solid backline.

But it was not their best pack. That is what is being discussed here.

I'm actually not trying to make the point it was David vs Goliath or that it was an epic victory - quite the opposite. We played a lot of ordinary footy and still managed a cruisey victory in the end and that doesn't bode well for Souths, who should be a much better team. I know they're missing players but the blokes there should've been able to get the job done, just sayin.

I don't disagree with what you're saying. But you have missed the point, which is that it was not the 'great' Souths pack that was talked up at the start of the year.

yobbo84

Coach
What a ridiculous thread. I don't really care that half our forward pack was missing. It was still a better forward pack than the Bulldogs' pack.

The fact of the matter was that John Sutton had his worst game in first grade. Our entire play goes through him. Therefore, we lost.

It was probably the lowest NRL game of the year.. the Bulldogs were deadset ordinary.. we were just disgraceful. It's not endemic of the whole year though.

Danish

Referee
All last night, and really 2010 in general has shown about Souths is that Asotasi is an absolute imposter and will be lucky to receive half the cash he is on now.

The bloke is the last remaining overs player on their payroll. At $500K he'd have to go close to the worst value for money player in the game.

In terms of Souths as a side, they simply need to spend a season or 2 building some combinations instead of just thinking that they can buy the best on the market, throw them together and expect instant success.

Premierships aren't won with cheque book rugby league Mr Crowe :sarcasm:

Bench
All last night, and really 2010 in general has shown about Souths is that Asotasi is an absolute imposter and will be lucky to receive half the cash he is on now.

The bloke is the last remaining overs player on their payroll. At $500K he'd have to go close to the worst value for money player in the game.

In terms of Souths as a side, they simply need to spend a season or 2 building some combinations instead of just thinking that they can buy the best on the market, throw them together and expect instant success.

What about Crocker and his 4&1/2 year deal,was top dollar at the time to out bid all the other offers,that has 2 or 3 more years to run.

adamkungl

Immortal

Souffs don't do chequebook Rugby League. :lol:
also, given that it was souffs v dogs, obligatory "Bred not Bought" comment

It's a one man forward pack if it were not for Tham Burgess they'd have nothing to speak of. Their so called monster, greatest pack of all time were dominated in round one by superstars like Lopini Paea :lol: Let's not start on their midget dynamo halfback who probably wouldn't even get a run down at Cronulla and Rhys Wesser must love living on the pension at Souffs he fits in well with your ordinary green and red supporter.

Whatever happened to Craig Wing? :lol: :lol: :lol: Feels great to go home :lol:

Juju

Juniors

I think you've hit the nail on the head right here.

TheDalek079

Bench
so what if they had injuries? all clubs get them, and should have sufficient depth to cover them. too bad that souffs spent all their cash on crocker, sandow and asotasi rather than getting good depth players