What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
No injuries/ suspensions

Get the new combos a run

Win

They were my priorities in that order so tick tick tick. Even severely depleted we turned it on when needed to build a comfortable lead. I know we all want to see better in defence but I'm completely unbothered by the last 3 tries, cue was well and truly in the rack at that point.

Special mention to rugby Mark (I ain't trying to spell that name) who looked liked he belong. Very interested to see how he progresses next year and where he will play as wing is not an area of concern for us. Will he play centre?

Also thought young Sandon did well with a couple nice touches and we don't miss anything with Watson at 9 instead of cheese. Leniu I think needs to be on the bench with Collins and May/butcher to start next week.

3 Teddy - enormous again
2 Gus
1 Rugby Mark

We continue to be written off which is just fine for me. People are insane if they think last night is and indication at all of what they will see from us in the finals, we will give next week a red hot crack IMO

We are all titans fans tonight, if they win we host. Obviously unlikely but you never know.

I’m not fussed over last night. Reckon the team was already thinking ahead to next week which Robbo looked like he had to address at halftime. They also had new combos to get used to as well so no surprises how the game panned out.
I think the game offered a window into next week in that we’re gonna chance our arm. We’ve tried getting into an arm wrestle with Penrith in the past and it doesn’t work as they love a grind and are the best at it. If the passes stick, we can jag a win.

Also wondered if it was worth resting Teddy and Gus as well last night. While I guess it’s always ideal to rest players, maybe Robbo thought it’s less of an issue for us as we got our third and final bye much later than the other top four sides.

Loved the debut of Mark Whatzhisname and looking forward to seeing how that De La Salle kiddie develops.

Hope Robbo ignores the outside noise about putting Manu at 6. Sandon had a solid game and is the future. What’s the risk when there’s no serious expectation on him given he’s a rookie? Pitting him against Luai/Cleary in a finals situation would be a great test of his mettle. Speaking of Manu, he has been quiet by his standards. Hoping it’s just a case of being in cruise-control since coming back from injury and will explode come finals.

Not sure how I feel about Penny-Tits game @Valheru. Pennies win, we’re away making a difficult game harder. They lose we host but will they lose two in a row?

3. Teddy
2. Gus
1. Connor

Valheru

Coach
I’m not fussed over last night. Reckon the team was already thinking ahead to next week which Robbo looked like he had to address at halftime. They also had new combos to get used to as well so no surprises how the game panned out.
I think the game offered a window into next week in that we’re gonna chance our arm. We’ve tried getting into an arm wrestle with Penrith in the past and it doesn’t work as they love a grind and are the best at it. If the passes stick, we can jag a win.

Also wondered if it was worth resting Teddy and Gus as well last night. While I guess it’s always ideal to rest players, maybe Robbo thought it’s less of an issue for us as we got our third and final bye much later than the other top four sides.

Loved the debut of Mark Whatzhisname and looking forward to seeing how that De La Salle kiddie develops.

Hope Robbo ignores the outside noise about putting Manu at 6. Sandon had a solid game and is the future. What’s the risk when there’s no serious expectation on him given he’s a rookie? Pitting him against Luai/Cleary in a finals situation would be a great test of his mettle. Speaking of Manu, he has been quiet by his standards. Hoping it’s just a case of being in cruise-control since coming back from injury and will explode come finals.

Not sure how I feel about Penny-Tits game @Valheru. Pennies win, we’re away making a difficult game harder. They lose we host but will they lose two in a row?

3. Teddy
2. Gus
1. Connor
Well if they do lose it opens it up for us to host sharks. Sharks only need to win to go above penrith in that scenario.

That is by far the most ideal outcome but I reckon we could do worse than a siege mentality away to penrith when absolutely no one thinks we will win.

H.H

Juniors
It was a frustrating game to watch but I get it. I think the fact I hate Souffs so much blinds me a bit at times.

3 - Ted
2 - Gus
1 - Marky Mark