What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

Smash was awesome. Ixnay was very mediocre. There was some good songs, but still songs like don't pick it up was a precursor of what was to come.

franklin2323

Immortal
Smash would be better...

Their best album by far. Smash, Ixnay & Ignition you can listen to the whole way through. The rest have a few good songs but are mostly crap. Although the new album shows promise besides the tripe of songs 6,7 & 8.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sweet. Hopefully other sidewaves not far off.

Got my wish for Social Distortion/The Bronx and Social Distortion/Gaslight Anthem on 2011... Hope to get my Flogging Molly/Lucero double bill in 2013.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that flogging Molly is doing 2 sideshows. 1 in Melb. 1 unconfirmed.

Mong

Post Whore
Smash got me into the offspring but i am a bigger fan of Ignition. Other than the first three albums i haven't particularly liked much of what they have done.

Ixnay has some decent songs but it's not a start to finish album.

LESStar58

Referee
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that flogging Molly is doing 2 sideshows. 1 in Melb. 1 unconfirmed.

It'll be Sydney...that's why there's such a huge gap between Sydney and Melbourne Soundwave. Those cities get all the sweet sideshows.

All going well I'll be going to both for free.... ;)

franklin2323

Immortal
Smash got me into the offspring but i am a bigger fan of Ignition. Other than the first three albums i haven't particularly liked much of what they have done.

Yeah. Apart from the new album the rest are crap. There's the odd good song. Last time they played soundwave. They played Hammerhead a quality song so I get the album. I have listened to it twice and that's it. It's terrible.

franklin2323

Immortal
Got my Offspring sideshow tickets. Ignition played in full got me there.

Those of you that missed out on Soundwave tickets. Tomorrow at 10am more will be released on the Soundwave website all shows

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeah I grabbed a ticket for the Offspring at the Hi-Fi in Brisbane. Presidents of the USA were playing the night before Offspring so I decided what the hey I'll go and see them too.

I've just got a bad feeling the Offspring won't be on the mainstage at Soundwave and will probably clash with a band I'm dying to see, like APC.

franklin2323

Immortal
Assuming they play the same set from the ignition show in London. It will be awesome. Aside from Self Esteem & Pretty Fly it was all album songs. They even played Beheaded so it will be good to hear some random songs.

Yeah Offspring will clash with Metallica it was pretty much confirmed. Hopefully it's the 1st half of their set as they are playing Black in full back to front. They would finish and I get to the main stage in time for Enter Sandman & still hear One, Santitarium etc.

Mong

Post Whore
Assuming they play the same set from the ignition show in London. It will be awesome. Aside from Self Esteem & Pretty Fly it was all album songs. They even played Beheaded so it will be good to hear some random songs.

Yeah Offspring will clash with Metallica it was pretty much confirmed. Hopefully it's the 1st half of their set as they are playing Black in full back to front. They would finish and I get to the main stage in time for Enter Sandman & still hear One, Santitarium etc.

Disappointing they are playing the black album start to finish.. Honestly, I'd rather load !!

The way it's going it seems i probs can't go now anyhow.

natheel

Coach
I remember aj saying at the beginning that the big bands are all on main stage like last year. So offspring will be on main I'd imagine

franklin2323

Immortal
I remember aj saying at the beginning that the big bands are all on main stage like last year. So offspring will be on main I'd imagine

I heard 2 main stages. Metallica close out 1 with a 2 hour set. Linkin Park does 90 mins. Blink about the same.

Assuming with the noise restrictions 10 is still the cutoff. Metallica start at 8pm. Doesn't leave much time to fit the rest in. Slayer and Anthrax will be on Main stage aswell

Paramore will get every 16yo to watch them. Same with All time Low. Bullet are pretty big, Garbage and Offspring are main stage worthy. Sum 41 as well most Offspring/Blink fans will watch them.

All are too small for the other stage setups. The 2nd main stage will be near the merchadise stalls on that grass. With seating like the Hodern has at the back and sides to fit more in.

franklin2323

Immortal
Last time Slayer played on the Metal Stage, Stone Sour were on the main Stage as were BFMV.

I forgot about stonesour them and APC will be too big for small stages. The year with Faith no more. I struggled to get in the pit for placebo. Paramore was packed BFMV is just as popular.

Latest posts