What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

bileduct

Coach
Actually, $390 would be double, so $350 is less than double.
Oh right, I didn't check the price this year because the lineup stinks of ass. I didn't realise they had jacked the price up.

I dont understand why you would buy the majority of your gig tickets on ebay?? Why not just buy them from the ticketing agency?
Because depending on what the gig is the tickets are usually cheaper than retail.

LESStar58

Referee
They were rumored but I've been listening to a lot of Volbeat.

My friends in Ukraine put me on to them. Sound like just the right mix of Misfits and Metallica (though I can't admit to being a huge fan of the latter) with enough 50s rock/rockabilly leanings to make them the only "metal" band I would go out of my way to listen to constantly. Would love to see them live.

sydraider

First Grade
Yeah Im a fan of volbeat as well, Im hoping they come out. They toured with metallica a while ago, Hetfield referred to them as Elvis Metal lol.

LESStar58

Referee
Hetfield ain't far off with that assessment. They have a lot of Social Distortion influence as well which is probably why I like em so.

natheel

Coach
had a look at them i liked it. Someone on youtube had a good analogy. they sound like elvis and johnny cash had a son and metallica raped him haha

LESStar58

Referee
Michael Poulson does remind me very much of early Misfits Glenn Danzig vocals-wise though...maybe it's the thick Scandanavian accent.

natheel

Coach
Michael Poulson does remind me very much of early Misfits Glenn Danzig vocals-wise though...maybe it's the thick Scandanavian accent.

Yeh he has a similar voice. I think people are putting the cash/Elvis comparison because of his hair tbh. I just thought it was hilarious to describe a band like that. I will be downloading their stuff

natheel

Coach
Cheers for mentioning volbeat less!! Bloody loving them.

So cool. Watched some live footage and he has a social distortion tattoo. And one of their songs is mr and mrs ness.

Talked to aj and he said most likely be here for sw14

Mader45

Juniors
Ive never liked their music but I would give my left nut for some happy time with Lyn Z from MSI. definitely at the top of my hot bassist chicks in metal list. That douche from MCR is one lucky prick.

3rd announcement next week. AJ Tweeted that it would be an awesome festival within itself. I heard Killswitch Engage are rumoured.

beave

Coach
Yeah KsE and As I Lay Dying have albums coming out soon, wouldn't be surprised if they make the trek out here for SW. Great bands btw.

these are the strongly rumored bands 4ARM, The Chariot, We Are The Ocean, Mark Tremonti, Orange Goblin, Chelsea Grin OR ATTILA, As I Lay Dying, Puscifer, Baroness, Northlane, Nonpoint, The Vandals, Dr. Acula, Deftones, Killswitch Engage, AxeWound

natheel

Coach
out of those The Vandals, axewound, puscifier are all pretty much confirmed (viable) as members of the bands are there already and aj has hinted

Latest posts