What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney are a good chance to win the Premiership this year

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. What - do you want us to keep teams scoreless every game? The only bad defensive game we've had was Penrith due to the heat.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, in every position bar centre.

4. I agree. We will not be winning a premiership this year if we have to play them during the finals in Melbourne. We can definitely beat them up here though.

1. Last week was horrid defensively, sure the Warriors played okay- but do you REALLY think the Storm would let 22 in against the Warriors. The Dogs you had them scoreless and had a snooze for the last 10, guess what in big games you can't afford a sleep, and that is my point. Defence is still a big worry moving forward, more the lapses in defence rather than the overall defence.

2. Ok

3. So you can cover Inglis/Reynolds? The Storm can cover those key areas, can Souths?

4. You won't beat Melbourne in the GF. Even though they are hard, you would rather play the Dogs/Manly in the GF.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Injuries are the key.

Take Slater/Smith out of Melbourne,
Lyon/Stewart out of Manly
Inglis/Reynolds out of Souths
Pearce out of the Roosters.

There's your Top 4 btw with maybe the Bulldogs/Cowboys to challenge Roosters.
Say what????

RWB

Bench
No team currently in the top 8 has conceded more points than Souths.

They've missed the 12th most tackles in the comp, only beating Warriors, Panthers, Broncos & Tigers.

Anyone who thinks their poor defensive record is a myth is kidding themselves.

BranVan3000

Coach
1. Last week was horrid defensively, sure the Warriors played okay- but do you REALLY think the Storm would let 22 in against the Warriors. The Dogs you had them scoreless and had a snooze for the last 10, guess what in big games you can't afford a sleep, and that is my point. Defence is still a big worry moving forward, more the lapses in defence rather than the overall defence.

2. Ok

3. So you can cover Inglis/Reynolds? The Storm can cover those key areas, can Souths?

4. You won't beat Melbourne in the GF. Even though they are hard, you would rather play the Dogs/Manly in the GF.
Inglis, not really. Merritt goes okay at fullback but Inglis is irreplaceable. I don't think another player in the NRL could replicate what he offers

I think if Sutton or Reynolds were injured though, Keary would do enough to replace. Probably less cool headed, but more natural skill. He will feature in the halves towards the end of the year I'm guessing anyway

magic

Juniors
No team currently in the top 8 has conceded more points than Souths.

They've missed the 12th most tackles in the comp, only beating Warriors, Panthers, Broncos & Tigers.

Anyone who thinks their poor defensive record is a myth is kidding themselves.

Yet Souths are the second highest try scorers. And how is the Roosters defense if you take out Parramatta's non-performance?

RWB

Bench
Yet Souths are the second highest try scorers. And how is the Roosters defense if you take out Parramatta's non-performance?

Fiestly I never said anything about their attack and this thread has nothing to do with the Roosters.

Im not even sure why you quoted me... your post is irrelevant.

Galeforce

Bench
Souths look to have their best chance this year for a premiership.
However it is still early and what matters is who is in form at finals time , top 4 makeup and injuries.
At this stage Storm , Manly appear real contenders , i do expect Cowboy and Bulldogs to improve and Roosters and Brisbane have players to explode in the business end of the season.

magic

Juniors
Fiestly I never said anything about their attack and this thread has nothing to do with the Roosters.

Im not even sure why you quoted me... your post is irrelevant.

You were making comparisons, that's why I quoted Roosters. After all your avatar says it all for you.

Obviously Souths attack is so good and that is why they will be in the grand final.

you seem a sensitive soul.

Fire

First Grade
Souths look to have their best chance this year for a premiership.
However it is still early and what matters is who is in form at finals time , top 4 makeup and injuries.
At this stage Storm , Manly appear real contenders , i do expect Cowboy and Bulldogs to improve and Roosters and Brisbane have players to explode in the business end of the season.

stock-photo-smiling-pleased-old-man-sitting-near-computer-he-is-working-95707438.jpg