What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - JOKE of the league.

Phillips

Referee
aussies1st said:
If they don't go well next year with their signings time to give them the boot.

whens the last time Canberra did something useful?

maybe we should give them the boot too

sydraider

First Grade
Give them some time to let the new admin fully take over and run the place.

Bunnies are still suffering from a Piggins hangover.

I also dont think Mcrae is the type of coach who can build a team.
Agree with comments made about JT taking over.

sharks4ever

Juniors
souths would of had a good side by now if they didnt get booted outh a few years back remember they were only 4-6 points out of the 8 then

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Timmah said:
WTF has staying loyal to the ARL got to do with anything?

If a team is given every chance to perform and actually make something of themselves, to the extent where after being kicked out they're re-instated - and STILL nothing happens, they should face some sort of consequence.
Farkwit.

So they should be punished because nobody wants to play for them? They would deserve to be kicked out if they weren't putting any effort in to getting back on track but they've got new owners and have money, they've signed some good players for next year and there could be more to come, they've signed some good off field staff and their facilities are getting upgraded. If you ignore crowd figures and the on field record, they are heading in the right direction.

Only braindead hicks say "kick them out", I'm glad Gallop has more sense than you.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Timmah said:
Now honestly.

Poor results.

Anticipated crowd figure of 2-3k.

They've won one game - against what was more or less a QRL first grade outfit, and lost every other.

Now this Warriors match?

Someone put the little vermin down...

The solution is simple.......f**k any thought about the salary cap, sign up all and sundry, win the comp, then pay a fine, cut a few token players, and play on.

Seems to work for some clubs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Uhhh, where did I say they should be kicked out?

I said there should be consequences. Perhaps a forced move, some sort of relegation process put in place... I don't think kicking them out is smart.

Timmah

Staff member
Ziggy the God said:
The solution is simple.......f**k any thought about the salary cap, sign up all and sundry, win the comp, then pay a fine, cut a few token players, and play on.

Seems to work for some clubs.

:lol:

20 years of failure and all you can come up with is jealousy.

Timmah

Staff member
Hmmm. I come up with a team that fitted under the salary cap winning the 2004 Premiership. In the same decade, Souths have had more than one wooden spoon. Laughing stock of the comp.

Want to start on crowd stats?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
sunny said:
when south sydney is doing well, rugby league is doing well :lol :lol: :lol:

Noooo!

I'd best go sign up for a Swans membership, league is dead.

sunny

you soufs mob should be grateful for us in '02...otherwise you would have got the spoon that year too

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Timmah said:
Uhhh, where did I say they should be kicked out?

I said there should be consequences. Perhaps a forced move, some sort of relegation process put in place... I don't think kicking them out is smart.

You didn't sorry, nearly everyone else has suggested it though and it was more directed at them.

There shouldn't be any consequences because they aren't breaking any rules. They are heading in the right direction off the field and deserve more time for on field results. This year is a waste but when you're best signing is Joe Galuvao and you still paid overs for him you don't have much of a chance from the beginning. They've signed two current internationals and a current Country rep player for next year, I think that's a good start to their recruitment.

But like I said, Crow and HaC deserve more time because so far they're doing all the right things off the field, once they get that right then the results will come.

sunny

how big does the crap patch have to be though moffo?

this mob hasn't made the finals since i was three years old, and I'm not too far from graduating from university now.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Timmah said:
Hmmm. I come up with a team that fitted under the salary cap winning the 2004 Premiership. In the same decade, Souths have had more than one wooden spoon. Laughing stock of the comp.

Want to start on crowd stats?

It is bad enough that as Souths Supporters we have to put up with the shiate that is dished up on the field, without having to listen maggots like yourself wanting to give us the @rse.

Latest posts