What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - JOKE of the league.

Azkatro

First Grade
I think the pressure is certainly on Souths but it's definitely not purely because they just got belted at home. My curiosity at the moment lies in questions like - whatever happened to the criteria the NRL were going to enforce? My memory and knowledge of it is sketchy at best but I'm sure it was something that was meant to be revisited a year or two ago.

And if not, what are the requirements for a club in the NRL? Are there any kind of strict guidelines in terms of results, finances etc for any given team to take part in the competition? If so, I would be interested to see where South Sydney currently sit in relation to the "line". And if they've fallen below it at any time (or any other club does for that matter), how much time do they have?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:roll:

Delete other people's opinions because it hurts your precious club?

Get real. Wake up and smell the coffee. Souths are in strife on the park at the moment. Maybe some people are right and next year is the year... but surely something can be done or said to the "footballers" who are lining up each week? They're playing like they don't care, with absolutely zero pride in the famous jersey. There were promises when they were re-instated that within the coming years things would start looking up. It remains to be seen yet, but I hope they're right.

That said, it's pretty hard not to think of them as the current Joke of the league when they get hammered 66-0 in front of "6,500" people.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I have to laugh when I read this thread. It was bad enough being at the game to watch that sh*t. Then I come on here and see that people want to get rid of a team.

I swear that some people never learn. The game has only gotten back on its feet from the Super League war over the last few years. Now people want to bring the game back by kicking a team out. What a bunch of dip sh*ts.

Just all think to yourself how would you react if people were calling to get rid of your team? It is ok to suggest getting rid or moving someone elses team, but think what it is like with your own team.

Penance

Juniors
Paul Hewson said:
I have to laugh when I read this thread. It was bad enough being at the game to watch that sh*t. Then I come on here and see that people want to get rid of a team.

I swear that some people never learn. The game has only gotten back on its feet from the Super League war over the last few years. Now people want to bring the game back by kicking a team out. What a bunch of dip sh*ts.

Just all think to yourself how would you react if people were calling to get rid of your team? It is ok to suggest getting rid or moving someone elses team, but think what it is like with your own team.
Dont worry paul, these people dont think before they write. 78% of them are probably 14 year olds

Bench
Paul Hewson said:

I lost my Magpies because of the so called criteria that Souths are surely miles below,so what is the difference.

sharks4ever

Juniors
they are not going to boot any team out considering they only just getting rid of the bye for next year if anything they should be adding more side in another NZ franchise, a WA side and an SA side

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Penance said:
Dont worry paul, these people dont think before they write. 78% of them are probably 14 year olds

I'm 23, and quite frankly I know what I'm saying, and I'm sure everyone else who has posted here does too. If you can't take the anger get out and don't come back

redVgirl

Juniors
look everyone has a right to an opinon, there shouldnt be any censorship on here. i just think considering our game got an absolute battering in the 90s and its a miracle that we survived at all. i know i got completely turned off footy for years. and i swear my brother still hasnt recovered since norths folded, he still finds it hard to even watch a game..lol.

so having said that, when it comes to supporting such a historically important club all league fans should try and stick together. we dont want to lose the history of our game in a frenzy to make everything 'quicker, better, stronger'. we already suffered so many casualties due to that attitude.

sharks4ever

Juniors
souths fans do have the right to defend there team from criticsm as does everyone else im sure that every teams has want throught a bad patch i mean looking at the dogs it took them a good 20years to do anything in rugby league and now they are one of the biggest clubs today

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Based on that performance if I was McRae id sack the whole 17 to PL, cause they didnt put in. Disgraceful Souths, its becoming more embarressing. And to make it worse the crowd was about 6,000. 6,000 FFS, at Telstra is pathetic, thats why it was a bad move to Telstra. What happened to that performance they put in the second half as last season? Why have they suddenly become more embaressing? You see all the headlines about how they wanna become successful in attracting key players. Well they aint gonna attract players if we get flogged 66-0, and only have one win this year.

sharks4ever

Juniors
i know its not an excuse but look at there injury list all first graders and to a side like souths they mean alot to them

Lego_Man

First Grade
Simmer down people.

Anyway i think rival clubs are going to be showing Asotasi the tape of that game...

Penance

Juniors
They still have abit injured. Like people say "everyone has injuries" but souths at the moment dont have much back-up.

our forward pack is injured pretty much.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
redVgirl said:
look everyone has a right to an opinon, there shouldnt be any censorship on here. i just think considering our game got an absolute battering in the 90s and its a miracle that we survived at all. i know i got completely turned off footy for years. and i swear my brother still hasnt recovered since norths folded, he still finds it hard to even watch a game..lol.

so having said that, when it comes to supporting such a historically important club all league fans should try and stick together. we dont want to lose the history of our game in a frenzy to make everything 'quicker, better, stronger'. we already suffered so many casualties due to that attitude.

To take your comment a bit further, yes if the Warriors were in the situation ie 2004 yes I wouldn't like 'other' fans dissing us. But, I've craped out on my team before but I stick by them. But unlike some Warriors fans I don't just walk out on them.
But the exucses being given for the Rabbitohs just isn't on.

Esoj

Juniors
is it still possible for a team to go under and go out that way or will the nrl step in?

if things don't change over the next few years I can see souths going under.