What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - JOKE of the league.

sunny

what do you expect ziggy? bad teams get bagged, ultra-bad teams get ultra-bagged, and people have the right to an opinion

Ziggy the God

First Grade
sunny said:
what do you expect ziggy? bad teams get bagged, ultra-bad teams get ultra-bagged, and people have the right to an opinion

No problem with baggings for performances, but to want us kicked out?

mattyg

Bench
Watching the game on telly now, there is no way that there is 6,500 in that stadium. I reckon there would be 2k max. Souths defence is so soft.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Again, where did I say you should be kicked out?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Timmah said:
Again, where did I say you should be kicked out?

WTF has staying loyal to the ARL got to do with anything?

If a team is given every chance to perform and actually make something of themselves, to the extent where after being kicked out they're re-instated - and STILL nothing happens, they should face some sort of consequence.
Farkwit.

My comprehension skills may be a bit rusty, but what does consequences mean?

lockyno1

Post Whore
I really think a promotion/relegation type of process has to be in place like the ESL. The last team gets relegated and the best placed PL team that is not currently in the NRL comp gets put in the next yr. You can't have one team getting spoon after spoon and not doing ANYTHING!

buster bunny

Juniors
What a joke of a thread this is. Like vultures circling an injured animal. Souths got beaten by a heavy margin like a lot of teams have been and so all of a sudden the club has to be kicked out? I find it quite ironic that some of the people joining this thread support teams that have put the NRL in disrepute too many times to mention. Souths supporters know the team has performed poorly but the last thing we need is so called experts who want to put the boot in. Its not like none of the teams you support have ever been on the wrong end of a scoreline.

lockyno1

Post Whore
buster bunny said:
What a joke of a thread this is. Like vultures circling an injured animal. Souths got beaten by a heavy margin like a lot of teams have been and so all of a sudden the club has to be kicked out? I find it quite ironic that some of the people joining this thread support teams that have put the NRL in disrepute too many times to mention. Souths supporters know the team has performed poorly but the last thing we need is so called experts who want to put the boot in. Its not like none of the teams you support have ever been on the wrong end of a scoreline.

Ok, honest question. Would you support a promotion/relegation type of scenario similar to the English Super League. That is not "kicking them out". That is rewarding good play and criticising continual bad performance. I think that is a fair solution.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Not really...promotion and relegation would never work in a competition like the NRL. Teams need to be viable commercial entities, and sponsors would jump ship right away if a team got relegated. Perhaps if the 2nd tier was strong it could work a la English soccer, but no way would it be a good idea for rugby league in australia.

PARANoIR

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Ok, honest question. Would you support a promotion/relegation type of scenario similar to the English Super League. That is not "kicking them out". That is rewarding good play and criticising continual bad performance. I think that is a fair solution.

Locky, although it may be a good idea. It just wouldn't work. It wouldn't be financially viable for the league or certain clubs, Souths for one!

South Sydney would not benefit from being relegated, because then they would probably lose the only few decent players they have, and they probably wouldn't see life in the NRL again for a while.

Mr Saab

Referee
This thread is a joke.
Timmah you seem to love to stick the boot in dont you?
Do you love it when people on here stick the boot into the dogs about..

Alleged rape
Salary cap breaches
Fights in the crowd
Fights outside the stadiums

I dont think so...lay off and find another topic to lay into...perhaps go into the four corners section and debate about whether our troops should be taken out of Iraq.
All this souths bashing is very sad.

Timmah

Staff member
Lay what boot in?

I stick my bib in throw in my two cents, have an opinion and it's laying the boot in? I've only said anything derogatory in direct response to people like ziggy who've shot back at my club.

You asked earlier for me to supply some examples of what might a solution be. I did so.

Stop being a f**kwit and having a go at me at any given chance, wake up, and look at the issue afoot. Something is wrong at Souths.

redVgirl

Juniors
i think its sad too. give them a chance. theres been so much drama and unrest off the field it would be almost impossible for any club to get their heads together. i think only good things are gonna happen now the turnover is complete. if they are still playing this badly in a few years maybe then we can have this conversation...but for now, seriously...have a bit of heart.

Penance

Juniors
Timmah, no offence to you or anything, but you have got to be the most saddest 85 year old bored cu** in Australia. Dont take it the wrong way buddy but....ur not gonna be the "star of the party" by sitting there making threads dissing a club which lost by a big margin. What about when bulldogs were getting smashed last year at the end, did i say anything? no. I knew u had injuries. Souths? kicked out of the comp? if you havent noticed, when South Sydney WIN game, it makes NRL in general better. Why? imagine having another competative club, like "omgosh dad we VS souths next week!! its gonna be big" so dont kick Souths out, protect them, and for christ sake leave them alone

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Lay what boot in?

I stick my bib in throw in my two cents, have an opinion and it's laying the boot in? I've only said anything derogatory in direct response to people like ziggy who've shot back at my club.

You asked earlier for me to supply some examples of what might a solution be. I did so.

Stop being a f**kwit and having a go at me at any given chance, wake up, and look at the issue afoot. Something is wrong at Souths.

Timmah/Tosser/Dickhead/Dodge...whatever you are a farkwit of the highest order. All these threads you create about souths...wow...must make you feel sooooooooooooo good laying the boot into this club.
Go to post 13 of Warriors/Souths game thread. I Quote "BTW sucked in Soufs. You suck"

Is that a really worthwile opinion?

If you stopped being a farkwit then souths supporters wont have a dig at the Dogs. I know one thing for sure...the rabbits have not brought this great game into disrepute like the Dogs have over the past 11 yrs.

Timmah

Staff member
Are you deadset blind?

I DID NOT SAY TO KICK THEM OUT! FFS!

Timmah

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Timmah/Tosser/Dickhead/Dodge...whatever you are a farkwit of the highest order. All these threads you create about souths...wow...must make you feel sooooooooooooo good laying the boot into this club.
Go to post 13 of Warriors/Souths game thread. I Quote "BTW sucked in Soufs. You suck"

Is that a really worthwile opinion?

If you stopped being a farkwit then souths supporters wont have a dig at the Dogs. I know one thing for sure...the rabbits have not brought this great game into disrepute like the Dogs have over the past 11 yrs.

:|

So I'm not allowed to laugh at a club for playing like sh*t?

Well done on completely avoiding the point once again - to, once again, insult me.

Penance

Juniors
Timmah said:
:|

So I'm not allowed to laugh at a club for playing like sh*t?

Well done on completely avoiding the point once again - to, once again, insult me.
Sure your allowed. But not create a Fu**** thread DEDICATED TO DOING IT
Just close the thread seriously.

Iafeta

Referee
There's a few comments floating around...

Low crowd- if you've been notoriously poor for the last 15 years on and off field, and you're hosting an out of country team, 6000 is acceptable. Regardless, the crowd looked a 6000 type crowd from inside the crowd. I think that so many keep turning up week in week out regardless is a testament to those particular people's loyalties to that club. Once the club is turned around off field and begins to gain success on field, they can be the pride of the league again.

Something is wrong at Souths, but change doesn't happen overnight. Doesn't in any organisation, never has, never will, for those that sometimes achieve change overnight its more by luck and is a short term process. The long term processes if they are right will turn the club around. Don't judge the new regime within a week or two of their inauguration.

Their defence was terrible, of that there is no doubt. They need a good halfback. Certainly. And they coughed up plenty of ball. But don't discredit the Warriors, they were efficient and ruthless. They had pride in their line, they had passion in their runs, security in their handling and good vision and communication. The focus should be on applauding them, not tormenting Souths.

For those South Sydney fans who stuck it out to the end of the game, good for you. It is the likes of you who through thick and thin stick with your club, and when success comes you'll be the moral fibre behind the reforming of the Pride of the League motto. Stick with it.

To those farkwits digging into the Rabbitohs, if your side hasn't attained success on or off the field in 15 years, and play an out of country side, would your club attract 6,000 people? Unless you support Newcastle or Brisbane, highly unlikely. Lets give this new regime a chance to turn their club around FFS.

Latest posts