What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - Most supported team in Sydney

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters

Funny...take the game against the roosters out of souths totals and their average would fall quite a bit.

Bottom line is souths need teams like the roosters with that historic rivallry tohelp boost their crowds...just like all teams need certain others.Even that Bulldogs average is bbosted by playing the roosters in that grudge match.

If both those games were at the SFS then the roosters home crowd avarage would be hitting the 20k mark and the shoe would be on the other foot.[/quote]

No teams have to go if everyone can get a decent ground and find some money.

if not penrith, bye, cronulla bye...

and no, local league does not need to die.

Sugar

Bench
the mad butcher from NZ purchased 5000+ tickets and souffs can't get over 10,000. Well supported indeed!
Crowd was 9276
If another 4724 kiwi fans turned up it would have been a good crowd.

But just under 10k is a fair for a low drawing game with 99% of the crowd Souths supporters

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Crowd was 9276

But just under 10k is a fair for a low drawing game with 99% of the crowd Souths supporters

Well done Souths. As the leader of the all the gay Souths fans, I would like to say to say thank you to the thousands of gay Souths fans for turning out.

Up the pink rabbits.

TheDalek079

Bench
Crowd was 9276

why should a team from another country be expected to supply 1/3 of the crowd? If you are the most supported team in sydney, you wouldn't be dependent on other teams' supporters to boost your crowd

rabbitohs

Juniors
This is the most depressing thread ever....all this bunfighting because the f**ktards who run this game haven't got a clue and are threatening our teams again just because we happen to be in Sydney...f**k em all!

Digeze

Juniors
Tigers will finish on top of the Sydney crowds by the end of the season. They've led the Sydney crowds for the last 3 years.

I overestimated how long it would take them to take over Souths in crowd figures, it only took one more week.

Tigers 15,830
Bulldogs 15,592
Souths 15,460
Parramatta 14,417

dogz08

First Grade
I overestimated how long it would take them to take over Souths in crowd figures, it only took one more week.

Tigers 15,830
Bulldogs 15,592
Souths 15,460
Parramatta 14,417

if the bulldogs were haveing are better year, they would be up around the 19 20k mark

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can you please provide me a picture of the trophy for crowd numbers.

Wow, ouch.

How about this - who cares if you win the trophy when there's nobody in the stands?

To be fair your club should be applauded for last weeks effort. 22,000 in terrible weather was a great result.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Cristie%20Kerr%20Trophy%20Kiss.jpg

Tom Ace

Bench
Wow, ouch.

How about this - who cares if you win the trophy when there's nobody in the stands?

To be fair your club should be applauded for last weeks effort. 22,000 in terrible weather was a great result.

Considering that's the entire aim of the competition, i'd say a lot of people. Apparently not you though?

Brycey

Juniors
Just because Timmah takes up 2000 seats doesn't mean it should be counted towards the crowd.

as usual a thread like this gets trashed by jealous people.

ive said for quite a while souths will average over 30,000 the way they are marketing themselves.

rather than other people bitching about it, other sydney clubs should be doing the same.

the roosters push for season tickets was good and the effort last week to let in kids in for free was fantastic.

the more one club is succesful with crowds, teh more it will help others do the same