What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths game thread

hitman82

Bench
I agree that he still belongs in the wing, all this talk of moving him to prop is sheer nonsense. Just out of form, plain and simple... i'd say a temporary trip to the Vulcans is what he needs.

You could be right - I'd like to see this tried. Surely we must have ONE other capable winger in our squad...

And I agree prop would be a bad position for him. Manu would be far better in the second row.

Iafeta

Referee
Ngani Laumape? He's got big wraps. Late last year he was trying to get out of his contract, though, to go back to union.

Yup. Ran really good lines. Lovely footwork and acceleration at the line too to take a gap. Got some talent this kid.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Pretty sure those are not counted as errors, as they are not knock ons.

Even if they are, your statement may be true for this particular game, but not the majority.

Most of Manu's errors are very simple ones upon impact in a tackle, or playing the ball, or pushing a stupid offload (this one hasn't been as bad this season).

He's got very dodgy handling - noone can deny this.

However, I do think he has value in him. just not sure where. When I see very standard-size, hard running, high-skill, athletic wingers playing for other teams, I get pretty jealous. That's all we really need. Manu's effectiveness on the wing is diminishing every season.

Diminishing every season? He had his best season up to that point in 2008 but then improved on it in 2010. It's only been downhill since his 2011 was ruined by injury.

He's good for 1-2 hit-up errors a game but often records 4-5 errors because of knocking on attacking bombs. If that's an error then what do you call the thing the opposing winger who got outjumped did?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ftr I agree he has terrible hands. I've always maintained this even when people talked about it "all being about confidence" etc- nope, he's just got poor hands. A lot of footballers do, they're not cricketers after all.

Latest posts