What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Game

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm hoping that Quinlan has a good won at five-eighth.

Same here, and continues to at least till Widdop arrives....having said that we don't know at this stage if Widdop remains the same player after his hip dis location

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Yes Quinlan will be very active.....theres no doubt...but Im hoping for a flogging so that the pressure on Price becomes unbearable....he needs to go!!

I've been on about Price for over a year now and have come to the conclusion that nothing will be done until the Board can seal a deal with a suitable coach. It seems to me what has been done has been done purposely in the knowledge that we very wll could end up in this situation.

I hope change comes sooner than later but would never hope we lose a game or a particular player plays badly just to prove a point. I want the Dragons to win each and every week.

Price will never be a good first grade coach and I'm sure that Doust and the Board know this. It's my belief that they have something in mind and are just taking the cheapest option available until they can seal a deal. Nothing is being said because of the outcry they received last year.

Here's a thought the club gave the job to Price as no other coach would touch the Dragons with a ten foot pole its a sinking ship with the people in charge since Bennet left he is the cause for what is happening now.

If I was a half decent coach I would look straight past the Dragons as long as Doust is in charge and he has his yes men telling him how great a job he is doing as he isn't and he just sugar coats the real issue's at the Dragons.

He'll pat himself on the back with the few signings he has for next year but its the contracts that the club already has K Stanley and Beale that screams of stupidity two of the most injury prone players who spend more time in the stands then on the field.

He has never given his full support to Brown or Price with Bennet it was a different story Bennet ran the show and Doust took a back seat I bet that ego driven wanker didn't like that one bit.

He is just a Business man who has no right to run any type of sporting organisation he is a cancer to the club along with Young senior.

If any one on the board of the Dragons can't see what the real issue's are the club will continue to slid.

TheRev

First Grade
Here's a thought the club gave the job to Price as no other coach would touch the Dragons with a ten foot pole its a sinking ship with the people in charge since Bennet left he is the cause for what is happening now.

If I was a half decent coach I would look straight past the Dragons as long as Doust is in charge and he has his yes men telling him how great a job he is doing as he isn't and he just sugar coats the real issue's at the Dragons.

He'll pat himself on the back with the few signings he has for next year but its the contracts that the club already has K Stanley and Beale that screams of stupidity two of the most injury prone players who spend more time in the stands then on the field.

He has never given his full support to Brown or Price with Bennet it was a different story Bennet ran the show and Doust took a back seat I bet that ego driven wanker didn't like that one bit.

He is just a Business man who has no right to run any type of sporting organisation he is a cancer to the club along with Young senior.

If any one on the board of the Dragons can't see what the real issue's are the club will continue to slid.
No idea how much of this is true, but regardless I want the next bloke to have a giant set of kahunas, next coach needs to be able to get the squad he wants and power to wheel and deal with the cutters squad too.

pfrano

Juniors
Can we stop all these conspiracy theories and just accept that out player group is not up to the standard that would place us in the top 8.

The coach will be tested next year and our administrators did get us through the 2009 to 2011 period.

possm

Coach
Can we stop all these conspiracy theories and just accept that out player group is not up to the standard that would place us in the top 8.

The coach will be tested next year and our administrators did get us through the 2009 to 2011 period.

The trouble is that the coach has been tested and he has already failed miserably. These same words were thrown out there last year and now with another year of failure they are being uttered again.

Price, Doust and Young require Board approval now because of their poor recruitment management during the 2011/2012 off season means that they can no longer be trusted with this important task. Remember the Moltzen affair (Doust?s failure to secure a release from the Tigers prior to announcing the deal), the subsequent placement of Kyle at fullback (his unsuitability should have been detected during the pre-season training period) and the failure of most of the new recruits to come up to NRL standard. No doubt there are probably some other important issues that we have not been made aware of.

Price has proved he is not up to it in so many ways that it is ludicrous to say that he needs another season before he can be judged. I've seen enough to make my mind up and I'm sure others have as well.

gypsy

Bench
Price is a fine coach and man manager. His astuteness will come to the fore when Widdop, Thompson and co arrive next season. Looking forward to it!

TheRev

First Grade
Price is a fine coach and man manager. His astuteness will come to the fore when Widdop, Thompson and co arrive next season. Looking forward to it!
In all seriousness, what is it that makes you feel Price is astute? Or was it sarcasm?

Kuro

Juniors
Back on topic, I really feel like we can and will win this game tonight. Souths are on track to losing another game and I feel like our boys are firing up with their backs against the wall and will surprise them. After this match though, I'm not too sure.

BennyV

Referee
I'm hoping that a huge game from Merrin, a bit of energy and x-factor from Quinlan and Dugan, return of Coops and our forwards aiming up can catch them by surprise and snag us a win!

At least I bloody hope so - will destroy my perfect round and multi if we go down!

Old_Timer

Juniors
Tonight's score is of no significance. Think of the game as merely a trial or training run.

Remember when we used to talk of Souths grand final games?

I really really really hope for Adam Quinlan to do well.

I am not sure tho why Stockwell is dropped. Has he been out of form?

Don't get me wrong, some Vidot from the bench in the fwds may provide some surprise go Forward in attack. Hope so.

Go the mighty Red V !!!

kit66

Bench
Good luck to young Quinlan, I have a huge wrap on him and I hope getting thrown to lions like this isn't too much for him. I see him as a very good fullback but if can hold his own tonight then the halves might be his future.
Go Dragons.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Our players have the IQ of ants..how many weeks have we seen errors and penalties and heard the chat we're working hard on cutting out the silly errors...the start of this game and we've really cranked up the penalty and error rate...what is the matter with this side. These players are just plain DUMB

Latest posts