What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths: time to put up or shut up re Redfern

Bumble

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
Yeah but that's their support base.

Lol, I'll pay that.

Don't know about the gays part, though...you boys have that sect covered. :lol:

OVP

Coach
Bumble said:
Lol, I'll pay that.

Don't know about the gays part, though...you boys have that sect covered. :lol:

Nope sorry :)

South Sydney Council has the highest ratio of gay people in their area in the Southern Hemisphere.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

/start the Seinfeld music now :lol:

nqboy

First Grade
I thought the Redfern dream was all about George Piggins and his white elephant Leagues Club. Are Souths themselves really interested in this?

innsaneink

Referee
misty bee said:
With 3, maybe 4 clubs playing at Telstra, and with the gradual demise of strict junior areas, links to a distinct district are not so important anymore.

gradual demise of strict junior areas????

What the hells this supposed to mean?

Souths juniors still stretch from Redfern to Malabar, Mascot and Camperdown, the last time I looked.

These kids deserve their senior team in their area.

Souths fan base is not centred on Redfern any more, and like all traditional clubs, their fan base is spread far and wide.

"Souths fan base is not centred on Redfern any more"???

:lol:

And just when WAS their fan base centred on Redfern?

Theyve had fans from all over for a long long time.

Godz Illa said:
And so another attempt at a logical debate is instantly stifled...
Souths beat Newcastle remember.
Newcastle won the wooden spoon remember.

I was only stirring, to make up for Souths fans having a go @ me in a previous thread, I'd love to see Souths and for that matter all be competitive in the comp it only makes the NRL that much more interesting.

melon....

Coach
Cockadoodledoo said:
Yeah but that's their support base.
nd dont forget the alure of teh brudders hanging outside the station. Hey brudda godda dolla? Then you get called a white c&*t. f**k em all. redfern is a sh*thole because of WHO is living there. Id focus on removing the filth before anything else.

I am not sure the money spent on a 12,000 seat stadium at Redfern is wise decision. It might look good now but in 4 years time if Souths become a top 8 or top 4 side they will get 25,000 at least to most games.

I don't think Telstra was the answer either. The SFS offers Souths fans a home close enough to the traditional home and a stadium that if they become a top 8 side again will be large enough to house the gates they will get.

thomo

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
I am not sure the money spent on a 12,000 seat stadium at Redfern is wise decision. It might look good now but in 4 years time if Souths become a top 8 or top 4 side they will get 25,000 at least to most games.

I don't think Telstra was the answer either. The SFS offers Souths fans a home close enough to the traditional home and a stadium that if they become a top 8 side again will be large enough to house the gates they will get.
Telstra is a short-term move. We had to show the SCG Trust that we were willing to go elsewhere if they could not provide us with a better deal. I reckon we will be back there in 3 years time on a much better deal. Redfern Oval will never be used for anything more than a training facility. The Leagues Club is on its last legs, 3-4 NRL games a year across the road will not save it.

sober_siddhi

Juniors
melon.... said:
nd dont forget the alure of teh brudders hanging outside the station. Hey brudda godda dolla? Then you get called a white c&*t. f**k em all. redfern is a sh*thole because of WHO is living there. Id focus on removing the filth before anything else.

I think the term you are looking for is 'genocide'... :?

QldRabbit

Juniors
Knight82 said:
Souths to Jim Beam cup IMO.....

Even then they'd probably get flogged.

Hows the spoon going? And has the Knights worked out a way to get out of there financial mess? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Johns Magic

Referee
QldRabbit said:
Hows the spoon going? And has the Knights worked out a way to get out of there financial mess? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It's all dirty. It looks as if you guys didn't clean in once in the two years you had it. Imagine what it'd look like if the Dogs hadn't cheated and you had had it for a third year.

Nice of you to ask about your old friend though. He said to say hi and that he doesn't really fit in here much. He also said he can't wait to return home in 2006.

Also we figured out our financial problems thanks, with Wests Newcastle jumping on board. We're rolling in it at the moment. Ah, home-town spirit.

Maybe you could ask one of the drunkards or the petrol-sniffers in Redfern to help you out? Although they'd probably just ask you the same question...

skeepe

Immortal
The only perspective I have gained from this thread is that Melon and Johns Magic are racist, and most league fans are homophobic. What a sorry lot.

bluesbreaker

Bench
melon.... said:

C'mon Melon... You're 'of race' remember? Don't put sh*t on minority groups, it's not cool.

sober_siddhi

Juniors
skeepe said:
The only perspective I have gained from this thread is that Melon and Johns Magic are racist, and most league fans are homophobic. What a sorry lot.

I'm glad someone else said it! Disgusting, bigoted behaviour by the both of them.

Copa

Bench
Misty Bee said:
No club has more options open to them. Stadium Australia, NSO, Telstra, Gosford.... each has it's merits, and each will allow the club to move forward from it's dismal recent history.
NSO is not fit for NRL games. The NRL needs rectangular stadiums purpose built for viewing sports that require rectangular fields..

melon....

Coach
bluesbreaker said:
C'mon Melon... You're 'of race' remember? Don't put sh*t on minority groups, it's not cool.
Sorry bluey, but Im just taking my politically correct hat off and stating how it really is. But I'll stop now and apologise to any other people of race, that were offended, nearly as much as i was when i was called a white c^%t.

You know what Bluey? We live in a very racist world.

melon....

Coach
skeepe said:
I weasnt the obne calling someone a white c^%t!

There's a difference between being racist and not. if I was to say I hate Skeepe because he's purple, then that wouuld be racist. but if i was to say I hate Skeepe because he is a f**kwit, then that wouldnt be racist. The scum I speak of are f**kwits. redfern is a sh*te hole because of them, not their skin colour.

Latest posts