What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths v NZ Warriors Match Thread *spoilers*

wittyfan

Referee
Roy & HG have just said on TripleJ that this game was the first time a team has scored twice the number of people who watched it. :lol:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
On a mathematical note, Souths are now officially no chance of participating in the Telstra premiership semi finals with not even a win in every game being enough for them.

miccle

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
On a mathematical note, Souths are now officially no chance of participating in the Telstra premiership semi finals with not even a win in every game being enough for them.

:roll: Mathematically was last week.

Realistically was about two months ago.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't wait for melon to jump on this one.

Having said that, the Rorters aren't much better.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
quick history lesson...

Parramatta 74 def Cronulla 4, 2003
Cronulla 68 def Manly 6, 2005
Newcastle 70 def Canberra 32, 2006

Last time i checked all 3 teams that copped a pasting are doing ok atm, the point is losing a game by plenty isn't the end of the world.

Thrashings happen, teams play terribly, and they play again next week.

If we threw out every team that got obliterated we wouldn't have a team left in the comp.

But carry on with your telegraph-like sensationalism... if it amuses you.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
quick history lesson...

Last time i checked all 3 teams that copped a pasting are doing ok atm, the point is losing a game by plenty isn't the end of the world.

If we threw out every team that got obliterated we wouldn't have a team left in the comp.

The only difference mate is that those teams you ointed out are actually good teams. Souths, get a pasting every year but do they recover? No don't think so.

miccle

Bench
Prodigiousman said:
quick history lesson...

If you think this is "sensationalism" brought about by one game this afternoon, you're kidding yourself.

Look at the recent (20-year) history of the teams you mentioned.

Compare it to Souths 1987-2006.

Bit different, don't ya think?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
South Sydney aren't a one-off case Warrick. They have performed below standard and haven't made a final series in over a decade, possibly two now I think.

I don't know what, but surely something can be done.

Glenn

First Grade
Teams are on the end of thrashings from time to time, but when they pull crowd figures like today (at least inflated to double from all estimations), then questions need to be asked about do they have the credentials to remain in the NRL.