What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs dragons

alien

Referee
Guys what did you think of GI's performance. Drags almost scored like twice because of him taking his time getting the ball over the touch in goal line

he could of hit it out earlier but wanted to allow it a chance of going out by itself so there wouldn't be a drop-out. he knew what he was doing

Inglis: We Never Dropped Our Heads

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Guy Bevan
Tue 12th May, 10:18AM
A A

Rabbitohs skipper, Greg Inglis, praised his team’s composure over the last month, citing it as a key reason for last night’s win over the Dragons at ANZ Stadium.
“We never dropped our heads,” said Inglis.
“We stuck by each other and no-one was pointing the finger (at) what’s the cause of the loss and who wasn’t doing their jobs right.
“It’s a win we’ve definitely been working towards – it just hasn’t been quite clicking the last three weeks.
“I thought last night – even though we walked away with the two points – we’ve still got a lot of improvement to do and go back and look at ourselves before we head down to Melbourne.”
The Rabbitohs will face off with the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park in Round 10 – a team that Inglis compared to last night’s impressive Dragons outfit.
“Melbourne are a team that just continuously keep coming at you just like the Dragons did last night,” said Inglis.
“It’s a short turn-around – we’ve got to make sure our bodies and our preparation is right to head down there.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/12/inglis_we_never_drop.html

Last edited:
South Sydney Rabbitohs down St George Illawarra Dragons in high quality game

Date May 12, 2015 - 8:57AM

Michael Carayannis

South Sydney 16 St George Illawarra 10

Return to video

South Sydney returned to their winning ways with a high quality 16-10 victory against St George Illawarra on Monday night. The Rabbitohs halted a three-game losing streak to win by three tries to two. While the Dragons may have tasted defeat for the first time since round two, they lost few admirers in another performance which showed enough to indicate they will end their finals exile.
A revamped South Sydney side featured the return of John Sutton and Adam Reynolds. The Dragons also welcomed back Josh Dugan prematurely from an ankle injury with the fullback causing plenty of havoc for the Rabbitohs defence.
Time H2 40:15 Team SOU Score 16 Team STG Score 10 South Sydney Rabbitohs versus St George-Illawarra Dragons View Match Statistics Players Gray(2), Johnston Tries 3 Tries 2 Players Widdop, Nightingale Players Reynolds 1/3 (33%) Conversions 1 Conversions 0 Players Players Reynolds 1/1 (100%) Penalty goals 1 Penalty goals 1 Players Widdop 1/1 (100%) Players Field goals 0 Field goals 0 Players
He finished with a game high 251 metres, while Reynolds was solid in his comeback with his kicking game a point of difference. Reynolds and Dugan may have enjoyed their returns, the same can not be said for Sutton.
Advertisement
Sutton's comeback from a broken jaw was short lived having been forced from the field after 18 minutes because of a bad poke to his eye. The innocuous incident drew a penalty via the video referee and helped the Rabbitohs open the scoring through the boot of Reynolds in front of 14,126 people.
The Dragons kicked a penalty goal of their own before they capitalised on a new-look Rabbitohs right edge. Alex Johnston switched wings to partner Reynolds and Dylan Walker, with the trio struggling to contain opposites Peter Mata'utia and Euan Aitken.
A Trent Merrin offload, before a wide shift found Mata'utia who stepped on the inside of Walker and shrugged off Reynolds to streak clear before drawing in fullback Greg Inglis to hand Gareth Widdop an easy passage to the try line.
Issac Luke's injection into the game from the interchange after 30 minutes helped spark the Rabbitohs attack, with the premiers looking the better of the two sides late in the half. A well-rehearsed backline sweep, with the Rabbitohs compressed on the left side, helped rookie winger Aaron Gray get on the outside of opposite Jason Nightingale to catch a first class cut out ball by Inglis to draw the scores level.
Nightingale would not have to wait long to get his revenge when Benji Marshall exposed a Rabbitohs defence who were caught one man short for Nightingale to score and give the Dragons a 10-6 half-time lead.
South Sydney started the second half with a flurry, second two tries in 18 minutes. Gray would have his second try seven minutes after half-time when he powered over Nightingale to score. The Rabbitohs continued to build pressure. Despite being the best defensive side in the NRL, the Dragons could not repel four consecutive sets, with Johnston eventually scoring in the corner with South Sydney gaining a match winning 16-10 lead.
Dugan tried to inspire a Dragons comeback, but the Rabbitohs defence stood strong, as they halted St George Illawarra from scoring despite four consecutive sets on the Rabbitohs try line late in the game.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ons-in-high-quality-game-20150511-ggz8d0.html

hurricane57

Juniors
Hurri you need to chill about Issac leaving McInnes will continue to improve and will grow into Issacs role it might take a couple months even a couple years but I have faith.

Also idk where the Grant hate is coming from either hes a solid prop thats what we're getting hes no Burgess but he does a lot of work like Pride said hes got some good metres.

Liking Gray on the wing tbh always saw him as more of a winger he has great strength decent speed and is good under the high ball.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Can anybody point out to me how I've 'hated' Grant. I merely pointed out a fault in his game, that is, each game he gets penalized for infringing in the play the ball area. Lowe, as is often pointed out by myself and other contributers to this and other forums, is penalized at least once per match for infringements the same area. Every week, both of them, at least once. Interested to see those stats.

Do you know the definition of 'stupid', its repeatedly doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting a different outcome - that's stupid - that's what Lowe and Grant do - play stupid, They cost their team at least one penalty per game.

Nobody has yet told me, or perhaps I missed it amongst the stats thrown at me, how many minutes was Grant on the field, maybe then we/I can compare his efforts to the Burgess bros. who, once again dug deep and put in for their side, as they have every game - not just this one. George was MOM wasn't he.

Now some one told me to chill out and accused me of hatred (awfully strong word hatred, should only be used in certain circumstances i.e. religion, wars, child molesters etc). I would suggest to you that, perhaps you shouldn't personalize something as trivial as a football game with the word 'hate'.
I would say to you that my opinion is as valid as yours and I have every right to express it. I would further state that I'm the coolest dude you'll ever meet so perhaps you might like to have a re read of my posts and you 'chill out'.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
do you work in the city?

Nope, if I did I would have made the game.

Normally I try to finish work at 4:30 for Monday matches so I can go home and have a shower first.

It's allright though I can make our home match against Parra in 10 days, it's a 7:55 kick off as its the only game on the Friday night:D

But we will be missing our origin players, most likely GI, AJ and McQueen:x

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just remembered we have no bye in the origin weeks so for 3 weeks we will be fielding a lot weaker team.

Oh how we could use a bye in an upcoming origin week!

But that's the way it goes sadly.

doyen

Bench
I'm never too concerned about GI & his supposed indifferent form.

Just him being on the field puts the fear of God into the opposition & has their focus on how they're going to keep him somewhat in check.Of course,it's impossible!!

His presence puts teams in a quandary as they know this colossus of the game is going to hurt them somehow,somewhere & sometime during every game he plays.

There are only a few players with that aura in RL----I believe JT's another & Slater!!!

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm never too concerned about GI & his supposed indifferent form.

Just him being on the field puts the fear of God into the opposition & has their focus on how they're going to keep him somewhat in check.of course,it's impossible!!

His presence puts teams in a quandary as they know this colossus of the game is going to hurt them somehow,somewhere & sometime during every game he plays.

There are only a few players with that aura in RL----I believe JT's another & Slater!!!

And he seems to be getting better with each week lately. He was pretty good last night, less bandaging on the knee as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
And he seems to be getting better with each week lately. He was pretty good last night, less bandaging on the knee as well.

Yep I was happy with the way he played last night too.

GI must play a brilliant match for us to have any chance of beating the Storm.

doyen

Bench
Yep I was happy with the way he played last night too.

GI must play a brilliant match for us to have any chance of beating the Storm.

Underestimate GI at your peril!!

He had a great game last night--some people still don't get how very,very good this guy is.They're bordering on being moronic.

He was very cool,calm & collected last night even with the little toe-pokes over the dead-ball-line.

But; he can do this kind of thing in a breeze--in his sleep almost.

As long as he's on the field Sths can WIN--everyone best believe that!!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Underestimate GI at your peril!!

He had a great game last night--some people still don't get how very,very good this guy is.They're bordering on being moronic.

He was very cool,calm & collected last night even with the little toe-pokes over the dead-ball-line.

But; he can do this kind of thing in a breeze--in his sleep almost.

As long as he's on the field Sths can WIN--everyone best believe that!!!

Out of all the teams in the comp GI doesn't play brilliant against the Storm.

That's most likely because they know in a lot of detail how he plays for obvious reasons.

Latest posts