What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs dragons

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the end I think Keary's harassing of the opposition in defence won the game for us!!

For a lightweight he does well.

Great win tonight --defence exceptional!

Lowe v/good--he even passed the pill!!!!!

Poor old Sutto--he now has a glass eye to match his glass jaw.

I'm proud of Keary playing with that painful foot problem and giving his all every week.

Our completions and defence were superb.

In the last 10-12mins we had to keep defending as they got repeat sets. Then when we got the ball a couple of knock ons from Dylan and George gifting St George more opportunities made me very nervous. But those errors were understandable from all the defence to keep repelling them.

Lowe had his best game in years and was an absolute workhorse. I couldn't believe how well he played.

Glory Glory Doyen!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I hope Sutto is not as bad as first thought.

A terrible issue with the Retina possibly detached, geez the poor bloke, I really feel for him.

I'm hoping he's not as bad as first thought.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I said yesterday that Lowe shouldn't be in the team and now I eat all my words, I was fully proven wrong.

The way Lowe played is what South Sydney is all about.

Madge taking Ben out of the team for a few weeks worked as he was our best forward by far on the field for work rate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can you fix a detached retina....how long will it take cos he looked good whilst out there.

Keary and Souths defense improved as the game wore on.

Lowe played well but found another way to get penalized in the play the ball area.

I saw Tim grant make two tackles when he played for Penrith and he got penalized twice, he got penalized in the play the ball area for hanging on to long again tonight - tell; me, does Grant only get to play five minutes each half.

Once again Luke gave direction to an attack that was a little lost. What will we do next year.,:oops::oops:

Give Lowe a break and Grant as they were brilliant.

George knocked the ball on and gave a penalty away so maybe we should have a go at him.

GI had a hand on the ball and got penalised so maybe we should have a go at him too!

I'm willing to forgive Grant and Lowe for 1 penalty each considering:

Lowe: 16 hit ups for 141m, 40 tackles, 0 knock ons, ball playing a lot in the game instead of just going one out and a try saver on Dugan when he got him by the shorts.

I can't remember the last time Lowe has had such brilliant stats as these? He was clearly the best forward for us in terms of work rate in the match.

Grant: Great energy and enthusiasm off the bench with 14 hit ups for 113m, 11 tackles without missing any and 0 errors. Those are very impressive stats from Grant.

alien

Referee
gee reynolds makes a massive difference. thank god those reports of him missing 4-5 months were incorrect! i thought it was a quality game and souths played well, especially the 2nd half. big game against melb, in melb, on sat...

Rabbits20

Immortal
gee reynolds makes a massive difference. thank god those reports of him missing 4-5 months were incorrect! i thought it was a quality game and souths played well, especially the 2nd half. big game against melb, in melb, on sat...

Reynolds yep what an absolutely massive difference he makes, completely irreplaceable in our team.

St George played very well.

Without Reynolds imo Alien we wouldn't have won the game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm not sure where all this hate for Tim Grant is coming from. Sure he hasn't been at his best this season but I thought tonight was one of his better games. Just checked his stats and he made 122m from his 14 carries of the footy. In my view he did a lot of the grunt work up front. In saying that, I thought the player that real made a huge impact was Grevsmuhl! I think we need to resign this kid at all costs because he is class! His runs always penetrated and got St George on the back foot and his run + quick play the ball that lead to Gray's try was brilliant!

Agree on Grant mate and also Lowe who made 16 hit ups for 141m and 40 tackles.

I completely agree on Grevsmuhl too. Must re-sign him!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hurri you need to chill about Issac leaving McInnes will continue to improve and will grow into Issacs role it might take a couple months even a couple years but I have faith.

Also idk where the Grant hate is coming from either hes a solid prop thats what we're getting hes no Burgess but he does a lot of work like Pride said hes got some good metres.

Liking Gray on the wing tbh always saw him as more of a winger he has great strength decent speed and is good under the high ball.

Completely agree with those points mate.

R95 Lowe was very good too.

doyen

Bench
I said yesterday that Lowe shouldn't be in the team and now I eat all my words, I was fully proven wrong.

The way Lowe played is what South Sydney is all about.

Madge taking Ben out of the team for a few weeks worked as he was our best forward by far on the field for work rate.

Lowe played so far above his usual that I thought there was a different player in his jumper for a sec!!

Hope they don't hit him with a random drug test-------just joking!!!

That's by far the best game I've seen him play--maybe Madge gave him the green light to try a few things--like pass the ball!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Guys what did you think of GI's performance. Drags almost scored like twice because of him taking his time getting the ball over the touch in goal line

I thought he had a very good game.

12 for 118m and 6 tackles with 0 missed.

5 tackle breaks and a try assist.

When it was needed he popped up to in the match.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lowe played so far above his usual that I thought there was a different player in his jumper for a sec!!

Hope they don't hit him with a random drug test-------just joking!!!

That's by far the best game I've seen him play--maybe Madge gave him the green light to try a few things!!

:lol::lol:

I couldn't make the game but listened on the radio and I'm very good at visualising the actual game off the radio. Unfortunately I don't have Foxtel and finished work at 6pm. Got home had a shower and it was 2 minutes to seven, just in time to switch the radio on.

I was thinking that can't be Ben Lowe as well, what happened to him, hahahaha!

Madge gave him a good old fashioned kick up the bum maybe:lol::lol: Kidding!

alien

Referee
Without Reynolds imo Alien we wouldn't have won the game.

yeah i think that is true. he is the most important player in the team. take the most important player out of any team and they will usually be much weaker

alien

Referee
:lol::lol:

I couldn't make the game but listened on the radio and I'm very good at visualising the actual game off the radio. Unfortunately I don't have Foxtel and finished work at 6pm. Got home had a shower and it was 2 minutes to seven, just in time to switch the radio on.

do you work in the city?

southsport

First Grade
I'm not sure where all this hate for Tim Grant is coming from. Sure he hasn't been at his best this season but I thought tonight was one of his better games. Just checked his stats and he made 122m from his 14 carries of the footy. In my view he did a lot of the grunt work up front. In saying that, I thought the player that real made a huge impact was Grevsmuhl! I think we need to resign this kid at all costs because he is class! His runs always penetrated and got St George on the back foot and his run + quick play the ball that lead to Gray's try was brilliant!

Agree with everything you said, Grevo needs to be signed but is apparently being chased by other clubs.

southsport

First Grade
Guys what did you think of GI's performance. Drags almost scored like twice because of him taking his time getting the ball over the touch in goal line

I'm not concerned about that, very astute kicking from the dragons.

southsport

First Grade
I hope Sutto is not as bad as first thought.

A terrible issue with the Retina possibly detached, geez the poor bloke, I really feel for him.

I'm hoping he's not as bad as first thought.

Apparently Sutto has told Madge that it appears not as bad as first thought, but more tests today.

Latest posts