What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward, Do ya Love him yet

Puntastic

Juniors
Consider the Soward honeymoon period over. Showed absolutely nothing when the team needed him the most and deny it all you want, but some of you are starting to worry about him.I haven't bagged your side, but Soward is not the guy who is going to do the job when it counts at the end of the year. Wallace was at 50% today and Soward couldn't lift to the level needed.

Not really. I think most of us reckon Soward's exceeded expectations. You're after the wrong bloke's head if you think he's the problem.

You're not wrong though in saying he struggles under pressure - he needs a Wallace to be stable beside him. He's struggled in being the sole linchpin the side revolves around a couple of weeks. But most panther's fans expected that, hence why we aren't turning on him.

Last edited:

The Enforcer

Juniors
Not really. I think most of us reckon Soward's exceeded expectations. You're after the wrong bloke's head if you think he's the problem.
One of your main play makers needs to play out the full season. Exceeding expectations for the majority of the season and then disappearing for the money games shouldn't have you believe that he's done the job. As you said, there are others, however it was you guys who started the thread on him, not me.

Puntastic

Juniors
One of your main play makers needs to play out the full season. Exceeding expectations for the majority of the season and then disappearing for the money games shouldn't have you believe that he's done the job. As you said, there are others, however it was you guys who started the thread on him, not me.

I think even Thurston might struggle a tad partnered with his 4th choice, don't you?

mxlegend99

Referee
Sowie has been below par a few weeks, but he has had a different halves partner in his last 4 games. Today Wallace was clearly not fully fit and should never have played.

soc123_au

Staff member
Soward isnt why we lost today. At his best he may have gotten us home, but if our pack had aimed up he wouldnt have had to.

Puntastic

Juniors
Genuine question..... Are you saying that Wallace is your 4th choice of half back ?

No, but with Wallace, John and Peachy injured, Cartwright is. And that's had a pretty big impact on our last couple of weeks.

Wallace is playing on one leg, I just hope he hasn't ruled himself out of next week.

MaxPower

Juniors

Panther fans didn't start this thread, but I can't help but notice you are the one bumping it at every opportunity. I get it. We have all been obsessed about one thing or another in our lives, and your obsession is Soward. Any and every chance you get to talk about him you will. You can't help yourself. Pathetic really.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Panther fans didn't start this thread, but I can't help but notice you are the one bumping it at every opportunity. I get it. We have all been obsessed about one thing or another in our lives, and your obsession is Soward. Any and every chance you get to talk about him you will. You can't help yourself. Pathetic really.
It's a forum where people can say whether they like something/someone or not. It's obvious that I'm not a Soward fan and you are being overly protective because he's on your team. I'm not one of these other degenerates who says they'd rather him catch aids or he's a f...wit or throwing personal attacks around. As far as bumping up this thread, of course I'm going to point out an ordinary performance from him to support my initial comments, just like you would have if he'd had a great game. Your the one who simply can't let my opinion go and accept that it's not the same as yours. It's not like I'm hanging shit on a dead man as the Soward fans still have the opportunity to have the last laugh. What's really pathetic as you say is that you simply can't handle having one of your players spoken about in negative way and you need to get over it.Since i made my initial comment after yesterday's game, the fans in this thread pointed out their reasons why they didn't believe that he performed well, however you are the one who seems to have the obsession with protecting him by not wanting to hear him being criticised.I should have realised what you were all about after post #38 in this thread.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Juniors
Mate, i haven't made a comment about Soward in this thread since the beginning. I don't care enough about footy players to talk about any of them every day. Not you though. You have some kind of sick obsession with Jamie. I've attempted to distract you by changing the topic, or by making lame jokes, but you remain totally fixated on Jamie Soward. It needs to stop - for your own sake. I don't know what your situation in life is you need to go outside, make some friends, find a hobby or even perhaps a girlfriend. You can beat this, but first you have to admit to yourself that you have a problem.

SaintsFan

Juniors
Wish we had Walsh back, there was no expectation of him ever being good. The one in 10 games he was decent were a nice surprise.
Well, I'm glad you don't want Walsh because he's been great for us at St Helens. We think the world of him. Sadly, though, in our game on Friday he broke his ankle so we will be without him for the rest of the season. I don't know why you all hate him so much. Maybe he wasn't happy playing for Penrith. He's been all class at Saints and we are going to miss him big time.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Mate, i haven't made a comment about Soward in this thread since the beginning. I don't care enough about footy players to talk about any of them every day. Not you though. You have some kind of sick obsession with Jamie. I've attempted to distract you by changing the topic, or by making lame jokes, but you remain totally fixated on Jamie Soward. It needs to stop - for your own sake. I don't know what your situation in life is you need to go outside, make some friends, find a hobby or even perhaps a girlfriend. You can beat this, but first you have to admit to yourself that you have a problem.
If it was a Panthers thread and I simply just kept posting on Soward, then that's probably over the top. It's a Soward thread (which I didn't start) and I'm adding MY OPINION without any personal attacks. My apologies for not being in love with the guy as some are. If you haven't made a comment about Soward in this thread, then someone else is using your user name :)

MaxPower

Juniors
"since the beginning" implying i commented at the beginning. Anyway... you have added your opinion, we are all aware of it, so what now? Are you going to keep going on and on about it?

The Enforcer

Juniors
"since the beginning" implying i commented at the beginning. Anyway... you have added your opinion, we are all aware of it, so what now? Are you going to keep going on and on about it?
It's a Soward thread and the season is still going, so every chance that i will post again. If going on and on about it means that i am going to have continued debate with others, then yes I am, after all it is a forum. Your starting to look like a Soward mother figure with your obvious over protection and inability to accept that not everyone has the same view of him as you. Telling me that i need to stop commenting on Soward in a Soward thread is a bizarre comment to make. I'm thinking that your the one who needs to let it go FOR YOUR SAKE !!!

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Well, I'm glad you don't want Walsh because he's been great for us at St Helens. We think the world of him. Sadly, though, in our game on Friday he broke his ankle so we will be without him for the rest of the season. I don't know why you all hate him so much. Maybe he wasn't happy playing for Penrith. He's been all class at Saints and we are going to miss him big time.

Walsh was always going to do well in the ESL. Against weaker teams he can look like Andrew Johns, against the better teams he goes missing. The guy can play, just lacked confidence when under pressure & it was never going to change.

TheFrog

Coach

He used to get targeted in defence and wouldn't take the line on very often. It was felt he didn't like being tackled. But he had an outstanding kicking game when on song and won us a lot of games. I don't know why he is so poorly remembered here either. He was always the best half in the club throughout his time here. We had a 45% winning record with him which is about par for this club. And he was an outstanding, hugely underrated goalkicker.

I'm sure he's enjoying the slight drop in standard over there.

Latest posts