What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward fires back on rumours

Hutty1986

Immortal
It will be just about the last f*cking straw if they let Soward go. Fien's 54 years old, he's hardly a long-term option at 6

64 Dragon

Coach
If Sowie passes a fitness test, why put him in the Cutters side? Put him on the bench for 1st grade and swap him with Fien and Fien swaps with Rein. Who knows which Fien will turn up tonight? Or what if Chase gets injured?

I can not understand the thinking behind all this at all, unless Jamie really is on the outer with Price. And that is really, really bad news.

Fire

First Grade
Everything is sweet at the club.

In my opinion, this is what happened. Price had a game plan for the Roosters game that involved Fien and Hornby. Soward happened to come good mid-week, but Price didn't want to switch up the game plan. Jamie said "sweet as coach. I'll go back to the Cutters to get match fitness". Price said "sweet as Jamie, thanks mate. Hey while you're there mate, just practice running at the line a bit". Jamie replied "sweet as, I'll do that coach".

[insert the media and wrist-slitters here to create a storm in a tea cup, that tea cup being in a doll house]

Jamie will be back next week.

That angry young man Beauy Scott will be back the following week to belt merkins.

...then this champion side is going to rock the motherf**king Finals!

Penfolds Wines

Juniors
SOWARD: '' have won a premiership, played Origin. It's a pretty fair resume to have..."

Does an employee who REALLY wants to stay suddenly start talking about their CV?

:(

TheRev

First Grade
Everything is sweet at the club.

In my opinion, this is what happened. Price had a game plan for the Roosters game that involved Fien and Hornby. Soward happened to come good mid-week, but Price didn't want to switch up the game plan. Jamie said "sweet as coach. I'll go back to the Cutters to get match fitness". Price said "sweet as Jamie, thanks mate. Hey while you're there mate, just practice running at the line a bit". Jamie replied "sweet as, I'll do that coach".

[insert the media and wrist-slitters here to create a storm in a tea cup, that tea cup being in a doll house]

Jamie will be back next week.

Listening to your run-down, I feel like im right there! Sweet as!

And yes I agree that I think Soward will be back next week, unless perhaps Fien/Hornby play so damn well tonight that they cant be dropped, but I think its all a bit overdone, Sowie should be back soon, seems like he lost his temper a bit at being dropped (for this week), but hopefully no biggy.

I dont mind him playing for the cutters, but id rather him give his back a week off if its going to help... we can probably afford what 1-2 more losses tops if were going to sneak into the finals, our for and against is terrible though, if only we could smack a side by 40..

Stdavid

Juniors
My read on the situation may be wrong but maybe not. I should really say "I don't know what to say so I won't" but I saw this happen to Soward in the semi against Manly in '08 and I'm tired of young coaches who rate themselves or their opinions above common sense. So
  • Price is delusional
  • We beat Cronulla and Melbourne who are being beaten by other lowly rated clubs by sheer arse. B Moz doesn't score those intercept tries and we lose both games
  • Fien played close to his "perfect" game last week and that was equal to a "good" Soward game.
  • If Chase gets injured (Wow..Imagine that!) we have no goal kicker
I'd say you'd better be on the right track SP and get us into the eight or walk away and apologise for screwing the club.

Oh and I'll write a letter of apology to him if he's on the right track (I'm sure that will make his day!)

Agree totally. The Cutters thing makes the back stuff seem like a smokescreen. If he's got a bad back, why would you risk it by playing a game that doesn't mean anything?
Funny how two wins over poor opposition have the finger being pointed at the wrong person - that being Soward.
Fien played very well last week but he has had plenty of chances in the halves and been found wanting.
And yep, Rev, it would but bloody marvellous for us to score 40, to be honest I would still enjoy that even if the opposition scored 39.
I still don't think our attack is anywhere near doing that.
Hopefully I will be proven wrong tonight!

Saint Angelo

Juniors
My read on the situation may be wrong but maybe not. I should really say "I don't know what to say so I won't" but I saw this happen to Soward in the semi against Manly in '08 and I'm tired of young coaches who rate themselves or their opinions above common sense. So
  • Price is delusional
  • We beat Cronulla and Melbourne who are being beaten by other lowly rated clubs by sheer arse. B Moz doesn't score those intercept tries and we lose both games
  • Fien played close to his "perfect" game last week and that was equal to a "good" Soward game.
  • If Chase gets injured (Wow..Imagine that!) we have no goal kicker
I'd say you'd better be on the right track SP and get us into the eight or walk away and apologise for screwing the club.

Oh and I'll write a letter of apology to him if he's on the right track (I'm sure that will make his day!)

So true.
In that semi, Brown went with that reject Rodgers at 5/8 instead of a fit Jamie Soward because Gaz and Coops "allegedly" preferred Rodgers. A f**kup and a half.
Is the same thing happening now?
I am very worried as all this sort of drama usually results in the player leaving a club. Take Luke Lewis for instance. Got stripped of the captaincy and before you know it he is looking for another club.

The biggest concern is that no one from the club is putting out this fire that is rapidly turning into an inferno.

blacklock

Juniors
question....

if soward is really to play a part in the remainder of our games this season, would a responsible first grade coach risk a play maker being injured playing in a lower grade?

cant believe he is being dropped let alone then "allowed" to play in a lower grade. if his injury was touch and go....why not rest him up OR add him to the team. jesus. can you imagine canberra saying "well its too late in the week to include dugan in the side...we will stick with the existing team and let him play that freshly healed leg out in the other grade" grrrr

Last edited:

possm

Coach
In my opinion it looks like this:
Price had a game plan which Soward did not agree with and did not follow.
Price and Soward had a blow up over this.
Sooward said his back is playing up and so he is not available to play the Storm.
Saints win the game against the storm.
Price and Soward have another heated discussion.
Soward advises he is out with the back problem again.
Price says OK, you will comeback through the cutters and when you come back you will play to my game plan.
Soward will stay at the club until he finds another gig and gets a clearance from Doust.

Price and Doust should be saked. Soward is more important to the Club than both of these fools put together.

Last edited:

blacklock

Juniors
Sooward said his back is playing up and so he is not available to play the Storm.
Price says OK, you will comeback through the cutters and when you come back you will play to my game plan.
Soward will stay at the club until he finds another gig and gets a clearance from Doust.

Price and Doust should be saked. Soward is more important to the Club than both of these fools put together.

+1

Penfolds Wines

Juniors

Soward to Wigan, Hornby and Fein to play out the final year of their contracts as the Dragons' halves combination in 2013.

Hutty1986

Immortal

You need some sake Doustyson!

attachment.php

Attachments

• sake.jpg
    sake.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 40

64 Dragon

Coach
Whichever way it has happened it is a worry. I have supported Price to be our coach for the length of his contract. To drop Soward because Fien played better in a couple of matches against teams out of form is ridiculous. Get real Price, put Jamie back where he belongs, in 1st grade, not in some no meaning match.

TruSaint

Referee
Fien and Benny our halves for 2013? If the rumours above are correct we are in deep trouble.

Where will our points come from next year? Merrin 10 metres out or Rein from dummy half? Coops is playing busted. Our halves are at the end of their careers. The Stanley boys are a wrok in progress. No Scott for next year.

Fair dinkum, i hope we are all wrong.

jenninga

First Grade

Can it be as simple as if Soward plays for the Cutters and breaks down after 5 min it wouldn't matter leaving the Cutters a man down rather than risking his back for 1st grade.I know he is the champ ,but a dodgy back is a big risk and if he can get through this game unscathed it would give him more confidencefor next week.

TruSaint

Referee
One thing we can say about Bennett is that he gets the best out of each individual. Even when Newcastle were playing like busteds, Bennett defended Buderus by saying "they either pick him for Origin or not. He doesnt need city v country".

Price is slowly learning, i hope, that just making a stand at the detriment of a star player doesnt work. Jamie wasnt out on the piss, didnt end up in some street fight, and certainly wasnt alone in poor form.

Lets all hope its nothing more than innuendo guys!!

jenninga

First Grade
Fellow Dragons,we have a big game tonight so let's put all this media speculation bulls#*t to bed and bring the boys home with the 2 points.

TruSaint

Referee
Can it be as simple as if Soward plays for the Cutters and breaks down after 5 min it wouldn't matter leaving the Cutters a man down rather than risking his back for 1st grade.I know he is the champ ,but a dodgy back is a big risk and if he can get through this game unscathed it would give him more confidencefor next week.

Dont believe so friend. We have only a few weeks leading up to the semis. To have your star player under all this strutiny is a farce. Again, as mentioned before, if in fact he is injured why jepordise him at all?