What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward fires back on rumours

blacklock

Juniors
utterly f ing insane. they got cocky with a win over an underperforming top 4 side and suddenly they think they can win without one of their star players. amazing.... we won on the back of 2 length of the field tries due to the opposition not clicking in attack / making silly errors. now we pin that "form" down to the soward not being there?

of all the players to demote, they picked soward. roosters are going to tear us a new one. f$@$

Last edited:

hardbaby

Coach
Not so sure about that. I get what everybody is saying but still. Soward is often described as "mercurial". Read that to mean "emotional". Bennett got the best out of him but he is a master coach. That was his strength. Many other coaches would struggle. Price certainly has. But the buck stops with Soward.

When he is on, he is awesome but when he is off, he drifts. He has had some great games this year, but considering the huge talent that he possesses, I don't think he has had the best of seasons. Add to that Hornby (which I repeat is the main problem) and we have an under-performing set of halves.

We need some energy in that position. We need someone to take the line on. We need to run straight and launch the backs. We need focus and direction. Fien has done that. The only half this year to do so.

Is Fien better than Sowie...no way. But it's not about the individual, it's about the combination. Fien won't be good enough to hold the position long term, but with the finals loooming, we need to spark the tinderbox.

Minh

First Grade
I just hope that there are no personal agendas in the axing of Soward by the coach, if so "Dice Price" Vidot played terribly at the start of the season and was still retained in the team, although Vidot has proved himself worthy ever since.

64 Dragon

Coach
Hope it doesn't backfire on Price. Soward is still the fastest guy, off the mark, in the club. I think he would have relished his chance to play against his old club. Fien's pace, defence and kicking game are not as good as Jamie's.

Fien has had a couple of good games this year and a lot of average games. Why would Price change the side on that proviso? I still reckon Jamie may start. Hopefully.

I just hope that there are no personal agendas in the axing of Soward by the coach, if so "Dice Price" Vidot played terribly at the start of the season and was still retained in the team, although Vidot has proved himself worthy ever since.

Agreed.

And add Cooper and Hornby to that list of under-performers (this year).

For some reason Price is playing tough with Jamie and ignores the others.
If Price had been consistently "tough" throughout the year, I would applaud him.

But he has not been consistent.

Well... thats how it looks from the outside.
Wish I knew the inside story.

gusdiddles

Juniors
to be honest this is really getting under my skin, what does fein do that sowie dosent do 5 times better he is the future of our club and was one of the only players to play well when the team wasnt. sowies game is based around confidence im not for if dropping him is the best option. they should have just pushed hornby back to the bench.

TruSaint

Referee
Agreed.

And add Cooper and Hornby to that list of under-performers (this year).

For some reason Price is playing tough with Jamie and ignores the others.
If Price had been consistently "tough" throughout the year, I would applaud him.

But he has not been consistent.

Well... thats how it looks from the outside.
Wish I knew the inside story.

Ditto... Well said

TheRev

First Grade
Still dont know whos going to do all our kicking, if we need a field-goal, hornby is just niot that accurate, his drop-outs arent that good, and so on and so on..

I mean its probably just this 1 week tbh.. and Sowie will beback next week.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I just don't f*cking understand this at all. Soward always performs well v the chooks and our season is over if we lose tonight. Fien better step up big time again.

Cagey Mac

Bench
My read on the situation may be wrong but maybe not. I should really say "I don't know what to say so I won't" but I saw this happen to Soward in the semi against Manly in '08 and I'm tired of young coaches who rate themselves or their opinions above common sense. So
  • Price is delusional
  • We beat Cronulla and Melbourne who are being beaten by other lowly rated clubs by sheer arse. B Moz doesn't score those intercept tries and we lose both games
  • Fien played close to his "perfect" game last week and that was equal to a "good" Soward game.
  • If Chase gets injured (Wow..Imagine that!) we have no goal kicker
I'd say you'd better be on the right track SP and get us into the eight or walk away and apologise for screwing the club.

Oh and I'll write a letter of apology to him if he's on the right track (I'm sure that will make his day!)

Elias1983

Coach
My read on the situation may be wrong but maybe not. I should really say "I don't know what to say so I won't" but I saw this happen to Soward in the semi against Manly in '08 and I'm tired of young coaches who rate themselves or their opinions above common sense. So
  • Price is delusional
  • We beat Cronulla and Melbourne who are being beaten by other lowly rated clubs by sheer arse. B Moz doesn't score those intercept tries and we lose both games
  • Fien played close to his "perfect" game last week and that was equal to a "good" Soward game.
  • If Chase gets injured (Wow..Imagine that!) we have no goal kicker
I'd say you'd better be on the right track SP and get us into the eight or walk away and apologise for screwing the club.

Oh and I'll write a letter of apology to him if he's on the right track (I'm sure that will make his day!)

I'm with you Cagey.

It is a big play by Price, first real chance he has taken all year, but he's taken a chance on the wrong bloke IMO.

Ah well, we will find out tonight.

Hoekstra

Juniors
Valid points Cage. We would have struggled to get up in those games without Morris's timely intervention.

The Soward debacle is interesting. I'm hoping he is just proving match fitness with the Cutters this week and is back on deck next week. It does feel though like Price is moving forth with Fien a bit.

It would hardly be a longer term solution though if true. Shame we missed out on the Miller kid.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Valid points Cage. We would have struggled to get up in those games without Morris's timely intervention.

The Soward debacle is interesting. I'm hoping he is just proving match fitness with the Cutters this week and is back on deck next week. It does feel though like Price is moving forth with Fien a bit.

It would hardly be a longer term solution though if true. Shame we missed out on the Miller kid.

Some on Twitter are saying that the mail is that Soward has played his last game for the club