What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward goes but Thompson comes

KiamaSaint

Coach
Thanks gents. JT is more of a Dragons' style player than Papilii so I was just interested. Although the way he owned Gallen last year has made him legendary among Dragon fans as well.

hardbaby

Coach
if thats where Price's head is at than i am on the same page, but if JT runs out in the number 3 or 4 next season as first choice centre then once again our recruitment must be questioned.

possibly you are correct, however i am hoping that its more about getting rid of a few of those i named on my list of backrowers..

Vea, Matthews, Prior all spring to mind.

He's a fantastic edge backrower who backs into centre much more easily than Prior does. Every team has a player like this. That's why we looked at Aubo. Gillette does the same. T'eo as well. You need a player like this but I guarantee he has been signed first and foremost to play backrow. Centre is just an added bounus.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yep fair call. As said we will have to wait and see... Anyways congrats to JT and you guys. You'll love his aggression as a saint and I wish him all the best. Good player and a good bloke.
If the response from Canberra is anything to go on, we've picked up a life player.

The new Thommo... he'll look great in the Red V.

How's my old mate Greeneyed holding up? Poor fella must be having another meltdown.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He's not handling it well. :lol:
Poor bloke wants to blame everything he can on the Joel Edwards signing for a measely 200k.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Seeing Raider's posts re. JT has me feeling even better about the signing. If we can get a top-class half I will be feeling much, much better about 2014 & beyond.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Watching the Raiders v Cows game now.

I really, really hope we plan on using Thompson in the backrow. Running some great lines/holes. He'd be wasting at centre. If Creagh can handle prop, put him in there.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I agree re attack as he seems to run hard nearly every time he has the ball. He was found out in defence & especially when Tariq Sims brushed him aside ( that will happen to quite a few players though )

Latest posts