What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward out for 6 weeks

betcats

Referee
I have no problem maybe your just over sensitive. Mick Ennis and Mark Gasnier have publicly backed Moylan. Of course current squad members will back a member of the squad. The rest of that is pure speculation or irrelevant, nothing there tells me he has no chance. We lose our best player and best attacking weapon in Hayne and you think Laurie is just going to roll in with the same tactics without even considering any other options? Lol We disagree mate lets leave it at that.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Dugan will be the front runner IMO. Form is irrelevant, he will pick an experienced player in ok form ahead of an inexperienced player in terrific form. Ie McManus over Mansour in a dead rubber match.

Seems like experience and combinations are his top priorities. I think both Mansour and Moylan will miss out.

TheFrog

Coach
I understand that we have played a pretty dour or conservative gameplan under Daley but to think Moylan is no chance of being picked because of that is really what I find idiotic. His form....

Yes, Moylan is in great form. The trouble is that if Daley selects him he is going to have to put an extraordinary amount of work into integrating him into a game plan and particularly countering the targeting in defence he would be subjected to. A game plan would be called for that would be completely contrary to what NSW won the series with last year. I don't think Daley has the werewithal as a coach to orchestrate such a plan, in fact I don't even believe the thinks he needs to, and thus I cannot see him picking Moylan.

In a way, NSW winning last year was the worst thing that could have happened, as it guaranteed Daley's continued presence, and also that of Gallen, Woods, Scott and Dugan. Perhaps Hodkinson and Reynolds too, although I get the feeling we're going to see the Roosters halves return. It also more or less guaranteed we will see the ball thrown to Gallen and Co at every opportunity.

NSW need to get a serious hiding and bring in a real coach who is not scared of using the football. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Dugan will be the front runner IMO. Form is irrelevant, he will pick an experienced player in ok form ahead of an inexperienced player in terrific form. Ie McManus over Mansour in a dead rubber match.

Seems like experience and combinations are his top priorities. I think both Mansour and Moylan will miss out.

I think Stewart if healthy is the favourite with Dugan 2nd but Moylan is clearly a chance, which was my point originally. Daley wasnt just mentioning names because he ruled out Morris and Tedesco so its down to three and two of them are fairly injury prone.

Pomoz

Bench
NSW need to get a serious hiding and bring in a real coach who is not scared of using the football. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.
I think I was one of the few Blues fans unimpressed by last years win. It just looked like we were lucky and Cronk's injury gave us a chance to win in game two.

I think you are right. Listen to Daley talk, he isn't the sharpest tool in the draw and has no experience of coaching at club level. We will get more of the "give it to Gal and Bird" and another slog fest. Without Hayne's brilliance we are in serious trouble.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Stewart if healthy is the favourite with Dugan 2nd but Moylan is clearly a chance, which was my point originally. Daley wasnt just mentioning names because he ruled out Morris and Tedesco so its down to three and two of them are fairly injury prone.
Oh he's definitely in the mix, but unless Dugan and Stewart are both injured I think he will miss out. Bit like his being picked for Australiawnd not getting a run.

TheFrog

Coach
I think I was one of the few Blues fans unimpressed by last years win. It just looked like we were lucky and Cronk's injury gave us a chance to win in game two.

There were quite a few of us unimpressed, but I can understand the strategy after losing so many years running.

Having won, Daley is likely to try the same thing again. He appars to think Gallen (whose team is running motherless last as they did last year) in particular is our trump card, and a side needs to be built around him. I hope Qld are ready, and win easily, and Daley gets the boot forthwith. And I'm a Blue thru and thru.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench

I think you are right. Listen to Daley talk, he isn't the sharpest tool in the draw and has no experience of coaching at club level. We will get more of the "give it to Gal and Bird" and another slog fest. Without Hayne's brilliance we are in serious trouble.

That was always how we would win. Footy them in the forwards and win an arm wrestle. TO agree that Daley is no tactical genius and I doubt hehad a the ability to get a team winning playing more attractive and structures footy,but it is what the Blues needed to do to win. As for CEO 20k being injured? Well the Blues have had an avalanche of players injured throughout the whole streak. It was about time they had a key player out. That's football.

rhino2009

Juniors
Hi, there's a rumour in UK that Soward might be coming back to play in SL in 2016, have you heard the rumour and could it happen? He's a great player and I'd love to see him playing for Leeds Rhinos?

Dufeyz

Juniors
Hi, there's a rumour in UK that Soward might be coming back to play in SL in 2016, have you heard the rumour and could it happen? He's a great player and I'd love to see him playing for Leeds Rhinos?

He is currently 2 years into a 4 year deal with penrith. He has also been doing a lot of media stuff recently. Penrith wouldn't let him go, and I can't think of why he would want to leave honestly.

TheFrog

Coach
Hmmm, had me very worried seeing this header, especially after Sowie looking quite out of sorts last game.

MrBlack

Juniors
Hmmm, had me very worried seeing this header, especially after Sowie looking quite out of sorts last game.

Had the same feeling - though I think it wont be long now until it is true. He really looks like he is masking an injury, wont run, and his defence was a giveaway last week. The biggest giveaway is that he doesn't kick goals when he is carrying an injury......