What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

soward

dragoncountry

Juniors
forgive me all you fellow sowie fans but ffs this guy needs to take a trip to the hardware store and buy some cement and u know what.
this guy for all his talents needs to steer this ship big time.
how do we have 40 tackles in the opposition 20 on not post any points?
run the ball to the line ffs and put the defence in 2 minds, site a gap and be greedy and go for it, chip over the top and regather set up the outside backs, grubber the f#$&ing ball once in a while and get repeat sets, im sick of high kicks every 6th tackle. cmon sowie u have it in ya.
on a positive, luv your defence u must have bought at least half a bag from bunnings.
thats my rant, i have spent 5 days in hospital on morphine so forgive me.
still luv me dragons, watch out newcastle sowie will read this and smash u up.
PS ditto ben hornby. :crazy:

dragondad

First Grade
I think we get frustrated because we know how good he can be. The media and other teams' fans like to give it to him so we love nothing more than Sowie showing up the baggers.
For whatever reason you were in hospital, I hope your health is on the mend.

possm

Coach
Confidence ..... Confidence ....... all Soward needs is confidence. Used to be Benny who picked him up when he was down; who'll do it now?

Common Big Dell, its not always about you. Pick him up off the floor and give him a kick in the ass then pat him on the back and tell him how great he is.

Then watch out Newcastle .....

Old_Timer

Juniors
Maybe Wayne might send him a nice sms "pick me up" pre game. Just to make a contest of it of course. :D

Fire

First Grade
Until the Sharks game I thought Soward was one of our best players this year. He seemed much more calm and mature on the field. I agree with you though, I just wish he would run to the line more, it is frustrating as all hell to watch when he doesn't.

The Major

Bench
forgive me all you fellow sowie fans but ffs this guy needs to take a trip to the hardware store and buy some cement and u know what.
this guy for all his talents needs to steer this ship big time.
how do we have 40 tackles in the opposition 20 on not post any points?
run the ball to the line ffs and put the defence in 2 minds, site a gap and be greedy and go for it, chip over the top and regather set up the outside backs, grubber the f#$&ing ball once in a while and get repeat sets, im sick of high kicks every 6th tackle. cmon sowie u have it in ya.
on a positive, luv your defence u must have bought at least half a bag from bunnings.
thats my rant, i have spent 5 days in hospital on morphine so forgive me.
still luv me dragons, watch out newcastle sowie will read this and smash u up.
PS ditto ben hornby. :crazy:

Armchair coaches are the best. Stand aside Pricey.

Mr Red

First Grade
i will point out four things that have contributed to Sowards form:
1. he is playing mainly on the left side now, when he prefers the right..
2. playing on the left next to Ben Creagh who is our best ball runner in the forwards he now is doubting whether to run himself or pass... Hornby should play on the left as he is not a ball runner and his passing game suited Creaghs ball running style more..
3. there is no Bennett factor anymore to get Sowards head right mentally before a match.. this has always been sowards demise..
4. i think Soward doesnt get on with Price.. this was evident several times last season when Price was running the water bottle and had several heated discussions with soward throughout the year under the goalposts... surely the rest of you saw this?
this is exactly what would shatter Sowards confidence...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Disagree. I think Soward's been pretty good thus far, with v Sharks being so-so (was anyone else much better).

I will agree with those saying swap Soward & Hornby. Left handers pass/kick better to the right, right handers to pass/kick better to the left. Makes no sense to me why they swapped. This is also affecting Creagh's form IMO.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Soward has been awesome until the Sharks game. He has totally played himself out of the NSW No.6 jumper with that performance up against the guy that is gunning for his jersey.

Hopefully he did it on purpose so he does not play for NSW this year. I would be happy with that. We need him more than they do.

Gotta agree re our attacking kick options.
It's always the high ball to the wingers, hoping for the bat-back, but no sign of any grubbers or at least some type of variation.
I know early in the season teams are trying to settle into a rhythm and not showing their full hand.
But we're making it easy for defences to read our sets. The Cronulla D didn't really get tested at all.

dragoncountry

Juniors
Armchair coaches are the best. Stand aside Pricey.
agree, thats why we all contribute to this forum, are we not all armchair coaches? after all it is my honest opinion and if you think any of what i said was incorrect please feel free to back it up.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I think Brett Morris was actually fairly average in attack on Saturday. His first couple of games at FB he was all over the field in support, made incisive runs, set up tries on a couple of occasions as well. On Saturday I was looking for him in attack, supporting the Sowards and the forwards (as like Slater) but he was nowhere to be seen - except when a set play was happening he ran a decoy a couple of times. I hope he wasn't playing to instructions as I believe he is one of very few ad hoc attacking weapons we have this year and through supporting the forwards and the halves he could have offered some questions for the Sharks in defence. Lets hope the news on Beale hasn't dampened Morris's enthusiasm for fullback - otherwise there will be more duck egg scorelines before the year is out.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Apart the Dogs game (where the whole team was woeful) and then against the Sharks (where the team forgot how to attack), Soward has been great.

It's only the media who are bagging him. They used to bag him for his defence, now that is up to speed, it is:-

1. He doesnt run it enough (which is fairly correct); and
2. He was terrible in origin last year (which is a load of codswallop).

I just dont know why they love Carney so much? Is it cause it is a good media/sob story? Carney hasnt been that great. The Sharks team as a whole has just improved.
Apart from his 40/20 on Sat night, he did nothing more than Soward did.

Soward's strengths have always been his kicking game and his broken field running.
He also has a great long pass when he chooses to use it.
Every player (apart from the immortals) has their strengths and weaknesses. They just have to play to their strengths consistently.
That's all we should be asking from Jamie.