What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward's Bite

tokerShark

Juniors
It was a sh*t and low act, no one here should be supporting it, he should have got a couple of weeks at least, that sh*t should not be in the game! I really like Sowy (one of my favorite players) but he has really disappointed me here :(, i know he copped heaps but that's no excuse to do what he did, I'm glad he apologised for it.
finally someone with integrity

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
PH06.030.16%2001_b02.jpg

Bring back choc

Juniors
This is all such a joke. he did not bite him. Other teams and their supporters are trying to give Soward a bad name... first he cant tackle, then he's the milkman now he's a biter. It's quite obvious that anyone who plays against him cannot handle how much he destroys them. it's classic case of tall poppy syndrome.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Good point. Bennett will definitely have a word with Jamie. Teams have started targeting him now. They want to try and shut him down, but like the Manly game proved, it will be easier said then done.

I have never seen a team try to target a player more than manly did to soward on the weekend.

Guess what...

didnt work.

Soward is a much stronger, and a much more mature player than people think. He flogged manly and they got a little bit upset. Dan hunt should have done something to retaliate. Gees we miss our enforces.

FYI - All dan hunt lovers... sorry bout the comment above ..i could not resist. He played like a soft dog vs manly.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yep, a soft dog. Most tackle breaks of the forwards, most offloads, 2nd most tackles, 2nd most metres (despite taking most of the dirty work), even had a line-break assist which led to a try. You still have no idea

Kiki

First Grade
if Ballin didn't think it deserved reporting than I'm guessing it wasn't with any malicious intent.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Maybe he was just hungry....looking at how fat some of Manly's forwards are such as Rose and Mauro made Sowie think that to be tough one must weigh over 150kg, so he tried his best to eat Ballin. He had already eaten the entire manly team in regard to playing skill.

If Ballin did think it didn't deserve reporting, then there probably was no intent from Soward. However, if Soward persisted in apologising, maybe there was intent, probably due to the fact he had a brain snap after being hammered to the ground!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
soward can be thankfull its ended without suspension.
a stupid thing like this can throw us of track for a possible GF, stupid bloody thing to be doing

Dragon

Coach
Personally I dont get why saints fans keep bumping the thread in the NRL forum, it seems only a few manly and bulldog fans are laying bait. Nobody else seems to give a sh*t, nor should we.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Yep, a soft dog. Most tackle breaks of the forwards, most offloads, 2nd most tackles, 2nd most metres (despite taking most of the dirty work), even had a line-break assist which led to a try. You still have no idea

And i only used a small fishing rod too!!! Ahhh you are too easy mate....toooo easy.

Seriously, he's not that good. Made some big mistakes (as usual) that led to tries. I never doubt his effort, i just don't think i put him ahead of the others in a big game, against but tough forwards. Plenty agree, just not the DHL's (thats dan hunt lovers).

Oh well, time will tell when we get a full squad back. But you were wrong re: fien.:D

Godz Illa

Coach
I guess Wayne Bennett is president of the DHL club, after all, he was the one that re-signed him for 3 more years.

Speaking of Bennett, he mentioned in a post-match interview that Matt Head withdrew from the bench due to injury, so he was virtually forced to pick Fien. So I was wrong by default

redvscotty

First Grade
Intentional with no malice intended. I.e. He bit him because he couldn't breathe.

Are you slightly geniused, or just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So you're saying he accidentally bit him? Righteo.
Have you played football? Not talking about with your mates in the local park.

Ballin has certainly accepted the apology from Soward and that there was no intent. He was there. I'd say he is a reliable witness.

Again, has Matai apologised for the knees in the back?

DirtyHarry

Juniors
The ‘Soward sandwich’ was simply Jamie’s response to the ‘chicken wing tackle’.

This does of course add a whole new dimension to ‘Jamie’s Kitchen’

picture.php

Latest posts