What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speechless !

Gronk

Staff member
That's our team. Take a decade (any decade other than the 80's I guess). We show glimpses of brilliance, but on a whole, we are crap.

I'm embarressed to be a Eels fan at present. I can't believe people are still buying eels gear from my shop, are they blind! can they not see the rabble we are?

Slick

Juniors
It was definitely our most pathetic performance of the year, considering the circumstances.

Agree.

The Knights game was worse but the season was on the line last night. Does anyone know a good sports psychologist? No kidding.

Dave Q

Coach
Souths coach Lang went spare at the bunnies players for most of the week after the humilating thrashing we received at CUA.

A minute before the match last night, a couple of them decided to take on board what he was saying.

Hard luck eels, keep the passion.

Better days lie ahead.

Uncle Leo

Juniors
In all the years of being a Parra fan, last night's game would have to be up there as the most excrutiating, painful game I have ever witnessed. Absolutely heartbreaking.

SDM

First Grade
In all the years of being a Parra fan, last night's game would have to be up there as the most excrutiating, painful game I have ever witnessed. Absolutely heartbreaking.
:lol:

Not even close to a certain game in 1998

Gordy

Juniors
Souths coach Lang went spare at the bunnies players for most of the week after the humilating thrashing we received at CUA.

A minute before the match last night, a couple of them decided to take on board what he was saying.

Hard luck eels, keep the passion.

Better days lie ahead.

Cheers Dave Q. :cool:

Dave Q

Coach
Cheers Dave Q. :cool:

NP.

I attended the debacle against Penrith last week, that was pretty close to as hard as its gets....so I know a touch how you feel. It was heartbreaking and that was after 10 minutes. I slipped into the shadows but toughed it out.

The stars never seem to align in rugby league, just when you think you know something, the complete opposite occurs.

It alls gets down to who was up for the night, and theres a part of that that relies on the subconscious. That little bit that cant be coached, its just kind springs up. Talent helps, but its not the be and end all of it.

Points will gather again for the eels because underneath, the belief is there, its solemn & sacred. A tremendous club spirit.

Never let anyone break the belief.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Give your club the best you have, dont die wondering.

Last edited:

jk13

First Grade
i'm rollin the f#ckn dice to see what team turns up against the warriors. someone give em a red bull

boxhead

First Grade
NP.

I attended the debacle against Penrith last week, that was pretty close to as hard as its gets....so I know a touch how you feel. It was heartbreaking and that was after 10 minutes. I slipped into the shadows but toughed it out.

The stars never seem to align in rugby league, just when you think you know something, the complete opposite occurs.

It alls gets down to who was up for the night, and theres a part of that that relies on the subconscious. That little bit that cant be coached, its just kind springs up. Talent helps, but its not the be and end all of it.

Points will gather again for the eels because underneath, the belief is there, its solemn & sacred. A tremendous club spirit.

Never let anyone break the belief.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Give your club the best you have, dont die wondering.

Wow, great positive post :) Thanks mate, I agree with everything you said.

boxhead

First Grade
Sucks ay, we were premiership favourites after being in a GF last year, and we will finish in the bottom four of 16 teams.
We are a joke.
But, will look forward to next season, and will stick by the players; we know, and they know, that they can do it.

Latest posts