What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speechless !

Redback71

First Grade
the trophy was there for the taking this year and the Eels failed miserably like in 2005 :(

Parra Steve

Juniors
I'm a bit worried about the culture or the mentality of the club, no matter who's been coach we've started slow, most of the time we scrap into the semis and when we do get to the big games we stumble.

Chipmunk

Coach
It is about time we asked why the team continually plays with no structure and don't look as fit or body hardened as almost every other side.

We winged it last year, not sure what structure DA had then, even he said he was not sure.

Look he is a Parra man, but it is time we took a good hard look at his coaching, he may be a nice bloke with the players, but I am not convinced he is aiming up.

we need to stop blaming everyone but the coaching staff, the board don't go on the field, our best player can't do it all. When did we ever look like threatening with a set move....

We have a hopeless 7 and an indifferent 9, they touch the ball most opften, if the coach was cognisant of their shortcomings then we should at least have some basic set moves, WE DON"T HAVE ANY.....DA has a fair bit to answer for, and the media continually let him off the hook and want to blame others. We have no friggin game plan and even blind freddy can tell you that. Mateo has not been fit all year, Fui is also underdone, what a waste of a year.

Agree with all this 100% We have no game plan, structure or plays, its embarrasing!

Given that we won 1 of our last 6 games to end the season and the season is now over I actually think that some serious discussion will be given to punt Anderson over the off season....

Dont be surprised if you see a different coach at Parra come the start of 2011...If not, at this stage the current team will not be able to improve and he will be punted mid season.... He is certainly a man under pressure

bartman

Immortal
I struggle to understand why the team looks lost when forming a scrum...

They don't seem to know it takes six people, and when they realise that, they don't seem to know who needs to be the sixth person packing in.

And then when they do that they take an age to work out where to stand in attack off the scrum, just so someone can take a predictable hit-up first off the ruck when we get the scrum win.

It seems like on the field they simply don't have any leaders. Surely they get the basics of the game like packing a scrum right at training with DA during the week (surely?), just they can't seem to get it right on the field on game day.

Don't even get me started on kicking the ball into touch from a penalty! DA can't take the blame for all the simple things the overpaid clowns get wrong when they're out there.

It is about time we asked why the team continually plays with no structure and don't look as fit or body hardened as almost every other side.

Fitness I can't agree with, at the end of last year it was our fitness that saw us kick away in the back end of games. We have shown that this year with the Panthers game and the Tigers game, our physical endurance and fitness it fine, body hardness maybe, but I think the problem is a little higher north when we talk about hardening up.

We winged it last year, not sure what structure DA had then, even he said he was not sure.

Look he is a Parra man, but it is time we took a good hard look at his coaching, he may be a nice bloke with the players, but I am not convinced he is aiming up.

we need to stop blaming everyone but the coaching staff, the board don't go on the field, our best player can't do it all. When did we ever look like threatening with a set move....

When did we ever get through a complete set and not f**k up. Seriously I can no remember a time when a pass hasn't gone behind someone or something else go wrong to take the impatis out of our attack. Again I think it is a "She'll be right mate" attitude on the players part, but it just keeps happening and then they end up in "Quicksand"

We have a hopeless 7 and an indifferent 9, they touch the ball most opften, if the coach was cognisant of their shortcomings then we should at least have some basic set moves, WE DON"T HAVE ANY.....DA has a fair bit to answer for, and the media continually let him off the hook and want to blame others. We have no friggin game plan and even blind freddy can tell you that. Mateo has not been fit all year, Fui is also underdone, what a waste of a year.

Morts hasn't aimed up, he needs a bit of time playing against men but getting his confidence back because at the moment his confidence is shot. In age limit football he was a gun up until the 20's but his size started to work against him, he does have a kicking game, a running game and a passing game, but he doesn't have time any more. I think his physical issues could be address with a stint at Wenty.

While Coach Anderson said he didn't know what the turn around was last year, many other in the coaching staff with point to the fact that the players started to listen to Coach Anderson and believe what he said. As soon as they started to listen (around about the Newcastle game last year) all of a sudden things started to click.

But again show me a time this year when we have actually executed on a set of 6, where something hasn't gone wrong.

DA was asked at the supporters club meeting, about the two Dragons games and said in the first he didn't give the players a game plan, because he wanted to keep his power dry, and it worked a treat.

DA will be answerable, but now he has almost finished building his version of Parramatta, I am happy to see where this leads to. Can't be any worse than 2008.

I saw Peter Sharp on field last night - how much input does he have? He was a senior coach, he might have more say than the assistants last year. I hope it is not the case because Anderson should have full control.

Structure is a big thing to work on (did we have any set plays?) but we also need players who are committed and have the right attitude.

Avenger

Immortal
Why do you think this? Hindmarsh is the obvious answer for mine.

When I hear quotes from him like, "yeah It seems like I'll never win a grandfinal" or "I'll get nervous when Cayless isn't there" it worries me about his leadership attributes.

Don't get me wrong he is one of the greats but I do not think that he has a natural leader. More a manufactured one imho.

strider

Post Whore
When I hear quotes from him like, "yeah It seems like I'll never win a grandfinal" or "I'll get nervous when Cayless isn't there" it worries me about his leadership attributes.

Don't get me wrong he is one of the greats but I do not think that he has a natural leader. More a manufactured one imho.

i think hindy just says what's on his mind - doesn't think too hard, just says it
... alot of ppl might think such things, but stop before they blurt it out ... maybe its not a good way to be for a captain???

TheRam

Coach
Imo, captain - Ben Smith

I agree. I don't rate Hindmarsh as a captain at all. It would be just like having captain Cayless II.

Both great players and in Hindmash's case an extraordinary player, but hardly true permanent Captain material.

yy_cheng

Coach
Delboy's assessment is what I see on the field. However, as MITS rightly pointed, it could be because they are not executing the plan.

However, then DA has to bite the bullet and sack the players who are not listening. Dump them to Wenty and get someone, like Horo, who will try and listen.

Thoroughly agree with Hindmarsh Should not be captain. Club captain yes but on field NO.

He is too knackered to lay the law to them. We need someone like Ray Price and since we don't have it.

I actually think give it to Hayne.

Let him boss everyone around.

Whenever the players are intervieewed, they say ooh it was all Haynsey. He leads around, he is the best player.

Well they all respect him so let him lead them. Let him lay the law down when the guys are not performing. I rarely see Caylo or Hindy do this.

He is already talking pre-game in the huddles so let him do it on the field.

Then some of the crap he does, e.g. slow play the balls, might actually be fixed.

I actually think give it to Hayne.

Let him boss everyone around.

Whenever the players are intervieewed, they say ooh it was all Haynsey. He leads around, he is the best player.

Well they all respect him so let him lead them. Let him lay the law down when the guys are not performing. I rarely see Caylo or Hindy do this.

He is already talking pre-game in the huddles so let him do it on the field.

Then some of the crap he does, e.g. slow play the balls, might actually be fixed.

You have obviously never heard Jarryd on the field, the one person I don't want talking to the Referee is Jarryd! Hell last night he turned a scrum against us to a penalty to a 10 metre penalty in the space of 15 seconds with his Mouth.

You have obviously never heard Jarryd on the field, the one person I don't want talking to the Referee is Jarryd! Hell last night he turned a scrum against us to a penalty to a 10 metre penalty in the space of 15 seconds with his Mouth.

I thought that was poor from the ref, given how patient he seemed for the five minute gobful Mannering was serving up after the Tahu tap try and the sin binning. He had a trigger finger on the whistle when Hayne opened his mouth.

I agree. I don't rate Hindmarsh as a captain at all. It would be just like having captain Cayless II.

Both great players and in Hindmash's case an extraordinary player, but hardly true permanent Captain material.

My thoughts also.

In all honesty Cayless will not go down as a memorable captain, and despite scoring a try last night, he had a forgettable game letting the third try through with some turnstile defence.

I think as a captain he should have also been questioning the refs on why the Warriors could blow up ad nauseum to the ref without retribution, yet Hayne got pinged twice within as many seconds of opening his mouth.

You need someone to stand up and ask questions and defend your players. Cayless was never this type of captain.

Kornstar

Coach

I don't want Jarryd as captain either but ffs how bad are the refeerees? I have seen more players get frustrated at refs this year than normal, they honestly appear like they don't know the rules at times!

This is the worst they have EVER been and players should be venting their frustrations towards them, they are f*cking useless!!!

yy_cheng

Coach

Well

a) When he realizes he is the captain, he might mature
b) But that also shows passion - he just has to learn to control that passion.

I just don't like the nice guy captain. Maybe we can have a nice guy spokesperson on the field as the co-captain but someone really has to be TEAM CAPTAIN on the field and really rip in and really keep their motivations and desires up.

When I used to play indoor cricket, whereby we won many GF's, it was because we alway talked and supported each other with verbal methods. It got people going and in the motion of going. Like dancing.

We actually learnt in from another team who beat us in the GF early on in our playing days

yy_cheng

Coach
I don't want Jarryd as captain either but ffs how bad are the refeerees? I have seen more players get frustrated at refs this year than normal, they honestly appear like they don't know the rules at times!

This is the worst they have EVER been and players should be venting their frustrations towards them, they are f*cking useless!!!

Have you heard what Sam Burgess had said about the refs on the footy show?

He tries to be nice to them but they just piss him off and he gets frustrated.