What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speechless !

boxhead

First Grade
Jarryd could make a good captain, it's true we do need a captain that will stand up to the referees.
I think Cayless motivated us alright; hearing from the players themselves, they keep talking about though he is quiet he commands an extreme level of authority just from his presence.
I think Hindy will get the captaincy next year, it would look bad for the club if we didn't. However, I am tipping Ben Smith to be co-captain as well; he's passionate, experienced, and someone who isn't afraid to voice his opinions.
Him and Hindy would be a great captain combination IMO.

The Difference between Mannering and Hayne is the way things were said, Mannering was to a point respectful, Hayne . . .

The Difference between Mannering and Hayne is the way things were said, Mannering was to a point respectful, Hayne . . .

I didn't have Sports Ears so couldn't hear either conversation, however, Mannering's beetroot face and indignant look didn't appear that representative of respectful in my opinion . . . and he went on for at least ten times longer than Hayne.

I know what you are saying about Hayne though - from other games he can come across as a bit immature and petulant in questioning.

I agree with YY though - given the chance, the right mentoring and development, I believe he can mature somewhat past this and potentially become a great captain.

forward pass

Coach
Look he is a Parra man, but it is time we took a good hard look at his coaching, he may be a nice bloke with the players, but I am not convinced he is aiming up.

Are you sure about that Delboy - I have been told the opposite?

mrpwnd

Bench
Have you heard what Sam Burgess had said about the refs on the footy show?

He tries to be nice to them but they just piss him off and he gets frustrated.
Hahaha, I love big Sam.

But, personally, I think Grothe would make a good captain.
I still remember the spray he gave to Hayne when he was caught out of position and Grothe had to cover for him, one of the best laughs of the season, slightly behind Mateo's wild offload to himself.