What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spoiler alert - forward passes

Parra Pride

Referee
We've scored 19 or more points every game so far...after this round we'll have 2nd or 3rd most point scored. It's not like we're the Dragons or Eels or Titans.

From reading your posts I seriously get the feeling your parents are cousins.

cleary89

Coach
Exactly. Just because you let souths score 32 points against you, doesn't mean you lose. More often then not they will leak more than that.

mxlegend99

Referee
No way that pass was forward. It was a line ball at worst. But IMO it was backwards from the hands still.

Eels got f*cked out of 2 fair tries to start the game. That took their momentum away and was hugely responsible for the Souths winning. If they had fair dinkum calls and were awarded those tries, they absolutely smash the Souths IMO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It was 12-12 at halftime. So blaming 1 bad call (and even 2 if your stupid and think it was 2) early in the 1st for their sh*t play in the 2nd half is ridiculous.

Parra Pride

Referee
It was 12-12 at halftime. So blaming 1 bad call (and even 2 if your stupid and think it was 2) early in the 1st for their sh*t play in the 2nd half is ridiculous.

Eels get awarded those two tries they would have been up 12-0 and had all the momentum and confidence behind them, you cannot possibly believe the game would have played out the same if those two tries are awarded as they should have been.

AuDragon

Juniors
I thought the Broncs were hard done by against the Tits until I saw the Parra game.
It could and should easily have been 12-0 for Parra within the first 5 minutes, although I can condescend on the Lasalo try that it looked like a double movement (but wasn't IMO, as momentum carried him over). Should've gone to the vid ref at least! :roll:

It probably would've been "bad for the game" if Souffs started the season 0 for 3. :sarcasm:

Meth

Staff member
Hayne's pass was fine, and glorious.

No doubt about it, Parramatta got some momentum killing tough calls v Souths.

It was line ball.

It looked like it left his hands close enough to flat, but with the way it did travel forward it is hard to judge.

(Note, I'm not saying that it being caught in front of where it was passed makes it a forward pass, I know that's not the rule, but at the speed Hayne was moving at and the way he passed the ball, it is hard to make a case that it would've floated 2 or 3m forward from leaving the hands back.)

With that said, I'd probably give it the try. He deserves the botd.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I have no problems with the call, I thought it was forward.

What I do have a problem with is the fact any other week, its a try.

Same in the second half, Walker gets tackled the ball comes loose and goes about a metre backwards, yet its called a knock on, on another day its OK.

Where is the consistency ?

***MH***

Bench
Get over it everyone. A lot of Rugby League's greatest tries have come from what some have perceived as marginally forward. If there is a definite breach or if the receiver is offside, then yes.... referees should be on this like flies on sh*t. But in the run of play where these types of tries are scored, just relax. Its the defense that let these tries through, not the possible forward passes.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's called momentum dipsh*t. Eels should have been up 8 to 12 nil (depending on goal kicking, which seemed perfect last night). Instead they started the game off down by 6. That's a potentially 18 point turnaround on what the scoreline should have been.

That pass was fine and if a video referee could have ruled on it he would have awarded that try. The referees butchered both tries and handed the momentum to the Souths.

Ram Man

Juniors
Fair try I thought...no where near 5 meters forward.
Might have floated 2m maybe...and why are people discussing how fast he was running, that doesnt mean $hit...leaves the hands backwards, fair pass...thems the rules peoples

Cecchin f___ed that game in the first 10 mins and is was a dog$hit game from then on

14ujsie.jpg

w8x3bd.jpg

2co4chg.jpg

20kam2x.jpg

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL2BnPTuHfk

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bunniesman fail.

The pass was made to look worse as Hayne was hit just after releasing the ball, stopping him dead in his tracks. If he was allowed to run on, the pass would have looked fine.

I wouldn't have been upset to see that try allowed against my team.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The pass was magic, you won't see a better one. Parra were robbed on that one.

Then a few minutes later they were robbed again with the double movement. I would of started a riot if those calls went against Souths.

We got a lot of luck last night, but when you are playing like a park side you need a bit of luck if you are going to win. We got ours and now need to move on and improve dramatically. Thankfully I believe we still have a lot of improvement in us.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
4 minutes into the Parra game, this is EXACTLY f**king why forward passes should be able to go to the video. Don't give me some bullsh*t about camera angles, that was a blatantly obvious good pass.

We have the benefit of the doubt rule to cover for when you can't see the ball or can't quite make out separation, why are forward passes given this nonsense treatment.

have a look at it Harrigan. Do the right thing.

It was a forward pass, even the Parra captain said so in the press conference.

Glenn

First Grade
Can't say no it wasn't the ref got it wrong, for fear of a bringing the game in to disrepute charge.

Meth

Staff member
The pass was magic, you won't see a better one. Parra were robbed on that one.

Then a few minutes later they were robbed again with the double movement. I would of started a riot if those calls went against Souths.

We got a lot of luck last night, but when you are playing like a park side you need a bit of luck if you are going to win. We got ours and now need to move on and improve dramatically. Thankfully I believe we still have a lot of improvement in us.

top post :clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts