What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spoiler alert - forward passes

Glenn

First Grade
I know everyone is saying I'm thinking this way because it was against Souths but that's not true.

It wasn't even close to being backwards. No exaggeration it went 5 metres forward. And saying it only floated forward is bullsh*t, Hayne wasnt running forward quickly! It went 5 metres (no exaggeration) forward. It wasn't a line ball, it wasn't a grey area. It was blatantly forward. If that's not a forward pass we need to get rid of the rule.

And I'd think the exact same way if it was a Rabbitoh throwing that pass.

Bunnies Man, you obviosuly need to brush up on the same rule as Matt Chechin, if a pass leaves the hands in a backward motion, it can not possibly be ruled as a forward pass.
If you are saying it left the hands in a forward motion, get me the drugs you are smoking.

Far Canal

Juniors
Fanniesman - you are a stupid f**k. You've been owned in this post thread and you still argue knowing full well you have sh*t for brains.

It doesn't mean that just b/c you are a Souffs fan you have to defend the decision - just accept it and move on you merkin

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnies Man, you obviosuly need to brush up on the same rule as Matt Chechin, if a pass leaves the hands in a backward motion, it can not possibly be ruled as a forward pass.
If you are saying it left the hands in a forward motion, get me the drugs you are smoking.
Show me how exactly it leaves the hands in a backward motion? I saw the same replays everyone did, it was simply a bad pass by Hayne, he wasn't focused and he passed it forwards.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fanniesman - you are a stupid f**k. You've been owned in this post thread and you still argue knowing full well you have sh*t for brains.

It doesn't mean that just b/c you are a Souffs fan you have to defend the decision - just accept it and move on you merkin
I'm not defending it because I'm a Souths fan (I happily admit the double movement try should have been a try for the eels) I'm defending it because it wasn't a try.

It went forward, there wasn't any backward motion, the ref was right.

Glenn

First Grade
Looks like you and Matt Chechin were watching a different game to everyone else.
Hope you are consistant with other supposed "forward passes" this round and for the rest of the season.

Loudstrat

Coach
Well if it went 5m forward how come Souffs never caught it, considering it wa right acoss their line?

You won by 14 and had 4 tries taken off the opposition. Plus Fui off for 10 and not Sandow.

You got 2 points, but you need to WIN games.

BTW, how was your gay month in Tahiti?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Well if it went 5m forward how come Souffs never caught it, considering it wa right acoss their line?
Hayne was right on the 10m line, the passer caught it 5m out.

You won by 14 and had 4 tries taken off the opposition. Plus Fui off for 10 and not Sandow.
The double movement try should have been a try, yes. But certainly not the forward pass.

Fui is likely he didn't get sent off because he swore AFTER the binning.

As for Sandow, that was an honest accident, you could see he was groggy as well after it. He obviously wasn't trying to go in with the head and he obviously wasn't aiming for the blokes head. Noone gets binned for accidental head clashes, noone even gets penalised for it.
You got 2 points, but you need to WIN games.
We did. Taylor and Inglis look to be turning into the deadly combo on the left flank that I predicted months ago. Were we perfect? No. But remember we were missing 2 of our top 3 players.

We're going to be scary good with a fully fit Burgess and Luke.
BTW, how was your gay month in Tahiti?
Straight*

Bora Bora in Tahiti is a beautiful place, wish the gf let me have a computer or at least an iphone but still had lots of fun. Tanned, rested and rejuvenated for 6+ months of bickering about whether or not Souths will win it all (for the record, they will).

thommo_85

Juniors
Who cares, parra got flogged by souths, it's hilarious. At least their fans aren't whinging about Melbourne for once.

Glenn

First Grade
Who cares, parra got flogged by souths, it's hilarious. At least their fans aren't whinging about Melbourne for once.

Will put it down to Karma when it happens to Wests this round, then we will see who cares.

Didgi

wish the gf let me have a computer or at least an iphone but still had lots of fun

Bunniesman is not whipped. Bunniesman is the alpha male. Alpha being latin for likes teh c**k.

As for the thread, only saw the one replay, it looked forward by 3-ish metres, dont think it could have floated that far given Hayne's running speed, but as BunniesMan says it was forward it was obviously far backwards.

There was a suspect forward pass call in the Titans game. After missing forward passes from dummy half and general play all night the refs call back one that was very backwards.

thommo_85

Juniors
Calls go against you some times, it's the nature of the game. You let souths score 32 points against you, you deserve to lose.

hellteam

First Grade
That pass was so good the ref thought it must have been forward.

Terrible call. To to make it worse, the refs (in both games) missed about 50 forward passes from the dummy halves.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Calls go against you some times, it's the nature of the game. You let souths score 32 points against you, you deserve to lose.
We've scored 19 or more points every game so far...after this round we'll have 2nd or 3rd most point scored. It's not like we're the Dragons or Eels or Titans.

adamkungl

Immortal
People (other than BunniesMan, who we know is a moron) saying it went forward need another look...there is absolutely no way it was a forward pass. Look at the direction he actually passes the ball, look at where he is in regards to the bloke he's passing it to. It was as good a cut out pass as you'll ever see.

Latest posts