What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoiler: FNF Souths v Penrith

Goddo

Bench
^ fair enough. This is more for the farkwit souths fans like Fein, who has been especially vocal recently bagging other sides, but is suspicously quiet right now.

If Souffs were actually grateful to all the people who marched and vouched for their re-admission which came from all corners of the Rugby League family they probably wouldn't be the team to hate. The elitist attitude they have about being the pride and the envy of Rugby League is boring and only Souffs care about that bullsh*t nobody else cares about being the pride or the envy of the league because it is irrelevant and that fits well with Souffs because they are probably the most irrelevant club of the modern era aside from the Hunter Mariners.

Honestly, what is there to envy about a club that has made one finals appearance in over 20 years and even then they were rolled out the back door. So what if Souffs have won 20 premierships big deal the majority of their fans haven't seen many of them anyway. There is nothing to envy about Souffs.

no name

Coach
Agreed, if Souths are the "Pride of the League" we must have pretty p*ss poor league.
I'd rather my team be contenders right now then be bragging about 20 premierships that I've never seen.

big country

Juniors
If Souffs were actually grateful to all the people who marched and vouched for their re-admission which came from all corners of the Rugby League family they probably wouldn't be the team to hate. The elitist attitude they have about being the pride and the envy of Rugby League is boring and only Souffs care about that bullsh*t nobody else cares about being the pride or the envy of the league because it is irrelevant and that fits well with Souffs because they are probably the most irrelevant club of the modern era aside from the Hunter Mariners.

Honestly, what is there to envy about a club that has made one finals appearance in over 20 years and even then they were rolled out the back door. So what if Souffs have won 20 premierships big deal the majority of their fans haven't seen many of them anyway. There is nothing to envy about Souffs.

calm down princess, it's only a game - 20 PREMIERSHIPS:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well us bunnies supporters have seen some tough times no doubt. And when they get beat....sure I get pissed. Unfortunately it seems like we have become the team that people love to hate. Because with Russ on board we have a higher profile, are in the market with a chance of signing most players who come off contract, have some great sponsorship agreements and dispite not winning a title in 38 years and only making the semis once in the last 20yrs still manage to have more Supporters.... thats people who put there money where their mouth is and become members, than any other club. All the bunnies haters come out when they lose with their smart arse comments. Well nothing we havent heard in the last 38 yrs you morons. Funny how when souths wins my phone is silent. But when the lose I get about A million texts.
you may have more members than most clubs, but it doesn't necessarily translate into bums on seats, "supporters" as you put it. The Bulldogs have a couple of thousand less members than Souths but a far higher home crowd average, I believe the Tigers with smaller home grounds have managed to out-draw Souths on average as well.
Earlier on this decade we were not even in the comp. I went to watch them play the Maitland Pumpkin Pickers at maitland sports ground. Thats a real supporter! So throw all the barbs and insults you people want at the rabbits but we are on the up. Sure there are going to be some hiccups on the way but we are rising like a pheonix from the ashes of Newslimited conspiracy that bundled us out of the comp. Maybe not as quickly as we want but we will reach the top.
Not only are the Bunnies the pride of the league......But we are the ENVY on the League. In the words of the great Mike Muir.."You cant bring me down!"
Bunnies til i die.
News Limited conspiracy. :lol: Your club will never get anywhere with backwards-thinking rubbish like that. Pride of the League? Envy? As a fan of the Bulldogs I only envy two other clubs - Saint George Illawarra for their success, and Parramatta for their incredible ability to attract hoards of fans when they get on a roll. Souths don't impress me, or anyone. Especially after heartless crap like they served up last night.
so what? - does it mean i shouldn't support them anymore if i haven't sweetie?
Nope, but you can hardly brag about how your "proud club" has won 20 premierships if you haven't been alive to enjoy any of them :lol:

thommo4pm

Coach
Well us bunnies supporters have seen some tough times no doubt. And when they get beat....sure I get pissed. Unfortunately it seems like we have become the team that people love to hate. Because with Russ on board we have a higher profile, are in the market with a chance of signing most players who come off contract, have some great sponsorship agreements and dispite not winning a title in 38 years and only making the semis once in the last 20yrs still manage to have more Supporters.... thats people who put there money where their mouth is and become members, than any other club. All the bunnies haters come out when they lose with their smart arse comments. Well nothing we havent heard in the last 38 yrs you morons. Funny how when souths wins my phone is silent. But when the lose I get about A million texts.
Earlier on this decade we were not even in the comp. I went to watch them play the Maitland Pumpkin Pickers at maitland sports ground. Thats a real supporter! So throw all the barbs and insults you people want at the rabbits but we are on the up. Sure there are going to be some hiccups on the way but we are rising like a pheonix from the ashes of Newslimited conspiracy that bundled us out of the comp. Maybe not as quickly as we want but we will reach the top.
Not only are the Bunnies the pride of the league......But we are the ENVY on the League. In the words of the great Mike Muir.."You cant bring me down!"
Bunnies til i die.

Good for you, and for the record I don't hate Souths. And I actually tipped and wanted them to win last night.

I don't think you guys are the pride or envy of the League though.

thommo4pm

Coach

And that pretty much sums it up perfectly.

innsaneink

Referee
I hate people that talk themselves up as great supporters.
I went to watch them play the Maitland Pumpkin Pickers at maitland sports ground. Thats a real supporter!
Go get another tissue

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
71468862.jpg

Sugar

Bench
Reading this thread made me cry.
Just like a little bitch
The team humiliated every Souths fans last night, piss poor effort from a team who play their best football in the press

Hopefully in 2011 the NRL introduce a halftime mercy rule

Paul Hewson

Juniors
It was a disgrace for any Souths fan what was dished up last night. With a top 8 spot on the line they came out and played like that. Full credit to the Panthers who played some great footy, but I can't help but focus on South's poor performance. I couldn't believe to hear at 28-0 supporters going off at the refs. I had arguments with some fans on the hill because they didn't like to hear the truth.

I have heard all the excuses from Souths fans. Mostly about our injuries. Every team gets them and yes we did have a horror run of them for the last 6 weeks. But the fact is that there were about 3 or 4 games that we were leading into the last few minutes of the game to get ran down. Sounds to me like they have trouble closing games. That is the real reason why Souths have missed out on the top 8.

BranVan3000

Coach
It was a disgrace for any Souths fan what was dished up last night. With a top 8 spot on the line they came out and played like that. Full credit to the Panthers who played some great footy, but I can't help but focus on South's poor performance. I couldn't believe to hear at 28-0 supporters going off at the refs. I had arguments with some fans on the hill because they didn't like to hear the truth.

I have heard all the excuses from Souths fans. Mostly about our injuries. Every team gets them and yes we did have a horror run of them for the last 6 weeks. But the fact is that there were about 3 or 4 games that we were leading into the last few minutes of the game to get ran down. Sounds to me like they have trouble closing games. That is the real reason why Souths have missed out on the top 8.
It's not a matter of closing games, it's that we have soft defence. I can't recall a game where we haven't let in one or two unbelievably soft tries

Paul Hewson

Juniors
It's not a matter of closing games, it's that we have soft defence. I can't recall a game where we haven't let in one or two unbelievably soft tries

It is about trying to close games. Those games that I was talking about we put ourselves in a position to close the game but still panicked in attack. Souths just don't know how to play smart footy.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Like i say to my souths mates. how many of those are in your lifetime? and how many when their was more then 4 or 6 teams in the comp?

Too right mate. Not to mention how many of them were first past the post. These days the first past the post are called "minor" premiers and nobody gives a sh*t.

Winning pressure games in the semis and grand finals is what matters.