What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spoiler* Other games and the NRL ladder

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't want to put the mocker on but the Knights are currently leading Melbourne 18-6 just before half time.

We want the Knights to win and the Cowboys to lose or win narrowly (by 10 points or less) to the Sea Eagles tomorrow.

If that happens Saints have the F/A to elevate us into third spot.

Go Knights. ;-)
Still can't say Go Manly. :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Make that 19-6, Johns has just kicked a field goal.
That'll be the half time score.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Knights in front 25-12 with 25 minutes to go.

They're looking a good bet.

In the extremely unlikely event that they win by 11, what is the second method used to split teams with equal competition points and points differential?

I believe it is percentages, but I don't know.

(If it is percentages, Cowboys would be in front)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure... its that close that it'll come down to next Friday when we play the Cowboys.

brokendigit

Juniors
HMS Cheesemaker said:
In the extremely unlikely event that they win by 11, what is the second method used to split teams with equal competition points and points differential?

Rock, paper, scissors?
;-)

Ozzwald

Juniors
The number of best looking blokes in the team?

Who can scull a schooner the fastest?

Hottest cheerleading squad?

Most past premierships?

Lenny_2212

Juniors
HMS Cheesemaker said:

I believe it is percentages, but I don't know.

(If it is percentages, Cowboys would be in front)

percentages.

however, what an achievement to be sitting in 3rd spot after that disaster of a start to the season. deadset the boys deserve a schooner each.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lenny_2212 said:
what an achievement to be sitting in 3rd spot after that disaster of a start to the season. deadset the boys deserve a schooner each.
I'll drink to that. :b:

I agree with the sentiments but the schooners might have been a contributing factor the beginnning of the year. ;-)

Tremendous to see the big D at the match with a soft drink in hand. Keep up the good work champ. :)

Albinomonkey

Juniors
i think percentages favour those with better defence... i haven't thought about it probably to cover all situations, but think of team A with 2 points for and 1 against, then team B with 101 points for and 100 against. both with a diff of +1, team A gets ahead with a 200% percentage compared to team B's 101%. i'll think about it more later

Albinomonkey

Juniors
ok it didn't take that long, but yes, using percentages gives exactly the same result as using the team with less points scored against.

i can provide a proof if requested, but its pretty boring

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It would be tragic if a team missed out on a top eight spot if it came down to that.
They used to play mid week tie-breakers in the 'old days'. No F/A deciding the ladder back then.
The new system is better than that I suppose, or is it?

Albinomonkey

Juniors
well so far in the NRL, 8th and 9th have never been decided on for and against. if there's a big difference (eg melbourne with +180-odd vs raiders with -60-something), its fair enough, but i'll feel sorry for a team if they miss out by 30 or less.

Latest posts