What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Spoilers* Cowboys vs Manly

Briza

Juniors
c_eagle said:
It was an awful performance, wasn't it? We couldn't pull a trick out there.

I'm obviously more livid than usual due to it being Manly that was unfairly caned, but damn that was bad.

Watch the offside play that led to the cows 1st try.

c_eagle

Juniors
The Menzies sin binning was pretty bad but the no call on the knock on with 3 minutes to go in the Cowboys half left me totally bewildered. It looked like it was a copy of a Rugby League Video game glitch.

Balmain_Boy

I thought it was a fairly average game. Attack from both sides was fairly lacklustre. Manly were very brave in defense, pretty encouraging for their fans I would think.

And yes, you got absolutely screwed by Simpkins.

Stranger

Coach
Manly terribly unlucky not to pull a win.

That last kick would have been perfect if it was 1m shorter....

xwizit

Juniors
i think manly got done by the ref. i hardly ever bring the ref into it but honestly, they got done. who knows if they wouldve won had they had got more penalties, but he definetly didnt make it any easier

Good tough game & i am happy to get the win(Manly are nearly always tough close games). I was expecting a close one as i didn't get carried away with the win last week (Teams that play as bad as the broncs did make a team that is playing well look a hell of alot better).
Hopefully the injuries to Payne & nSing are minor..

Igor

Juniors
homersimpkins.jpg

miccle

Bench
Cowboys should have won by 20 at least with all the ball and field position they had, but Manly did show good defence on their own line.

Regardless, Manly were treated harshly by the ref but played a very dirty, niggly game of footy. Hands, knees and forearms were all over faces and necks all evening and imo there could have been more penalties. They tried to bash the cowboys, because outmuscling them could be one of the only ways to beat them.

It almost worked too.

skeepe

Immortal
Travis Burns should have a reasonably long holiday after dropping the knees into Matt Bowen.

I know Burns is young, but someone needs to tell him that cheap shots don't make you a tough player. Then again with Dunley and Menzies in the team, I'm not all that surprised.

wittyfan

Referee
Travis Burns is a little twerp who should have never darkened the halls of the NRL.

Manly's winning percentage with Witty: 52.63%
Manly's winning percentage without Witty: 25.00%
Manly's winning percentage with Travis Burns: 0%

I thought I'd just point out these facts.

RainMan

Juniors
skeepe said:
I know Burns is young, but someone needs to tell him that cheap shots don't make you a tough player. Then again with Dunley and Menzies in the team, I'm not all that surprised.

Steve Menzies a cheap shotter? Pull your head in.

LESStar58

Referee
^ is on the improve. We took an origin game off Sydney and a Tri Nations off Sydney so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

:D :D :D :D :D

Briza

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Travis Burns is a little twerp who should have never darkened the halls of the NRL.

Manly's winning percentage with Witty: 52.63%
Manly's winning percentage without Witty: 25.00%
Manly's winning percentage with Travis Burns: 0%

I thought I'd just point out these facts.

STFU queer, you're vendetta against Burns because he has Witt's spot is bordering on phsycotic.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The fact is I think Burns had a very solid solid game this week. I doubt Witt is going to see NRL footy this year unless injury or suspension happens.

Latest posts