What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoilers WCC

Choppies

Coach
Maybe with the whole Prince contract issue may have affected his performance. He just didnt seem to have his mind in the right place.
I hope Its not a regular performance this year from him.

Balmain_Boy

We got absolutely obliterated. No other word for it. We were bad, but they were absolutely outstanding. Hopefully our lack of form does have some explanation and the 'excuses' of climate and form are justified. If not we won't even approach the heights of last year's season. I'm confident it'll allbe good come round 1.

People can bag Prince, but he was working behind a forward pack that got absolutely decimated.

Are west the worst side to win the NRL grand final, that is the poorest team you lot have sent over here.

p.s Yes i know your teams are a lot better than our teams.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
We got absolutely obliterated. No other word for it. We were bad, but they were absolutely outstanding. Hopefully our lack of form does have some explanation and the 'excuses' of climate and form are justified. If not we won't even approach the heights of last year's season. I'm confident it'll allbe good come round 1.

People can bag Prince, but he was working behind a forward pack that got absolutely decimated.

Prince had a poor game, but only Farah was supporting him. Its not easy playing outside a five-eighth who isn't a five-eighth, if that makes any sense.

We just had no creativity whatsoever.

ozzie

Bench
Choppies said:
Maybe with the whole Prince contract issue may have affected his performance. He just didnt seem to have his mind in the right place.
I hope Its not a regular performance this year from him.

I do...

ozzie

Bench
Balmain Bug said:
Brett Hodgson - Great game, but did not run 2nd phase off Skando or other forwards. 8/10

Shannon McDonell - The game did not suit him. Narrow field, no open play. Needs to gain 10 kilos of muscle. Will score plenty of trys for BRET this year. 2/10

Paul Whatuira - One of our best. Class performance in all facets. 7/10

Dean Collis - Was clearly nervous. The small 10 metres gave him no room to move. A much better player than what we saw today. 3/10

Jamall Lolesi - Gave his all and more. 6/10

Daniel Fitzhernry - Good game from Fitzy. 6.5/10

Scott Prince - Terrible. 0/10 is too high a score for Scott. Did not want to be out there. Did not do one good thing in 80 minutes. Lacked ticker big time. He did not value the meaning of the game.

Ben Galea - 1/10. Terrible in Defence and attack. I counted 12 missed tackles from him which was almost more than Bradfords entire missed tackle count. Was a passenger and will be in real danger of not being in 1st grade if continues to play like that. I think he'll aim up though.

Anthony Laffranchi - Was only given 25 minutes. The new boys were given more of a run and fair enough. 5/10.

Chris Heighnington- Committed game, lacked support from Galea. Tackled his heart out and did Galea's tackling as well as Prince's. 6/10

John Skandalis - Skando played 24 minutes. His time went to O'Hara and Harris. Good defence and was marked well in attack. 5/10

Robbie Farah - Played well. Not supported by Prince. 6/10

Ryan O'Hara - Played OK. Did not dominate. Did not look like coming close to dominating. Not as good as Payten yet. 5/10

Liam Fulton - The game did not suit his style of play. I would have had him at 5/8, Fitzy in the centres and Collis on the wing with McDonnell watching the game from home. Tackled his heart out and did Galea's tackling as well as Prince's. 5/10

Bronson Harrison - Our most aggressive player apart from Heighington and Whatuira. Tackled his heart out and did Galea's tackling as well as Prince's. Played like he wanted to win. 7/10

Bryce Gibbs - Tried hard. Needs a few more kilo's of muscle and will be one of the best props in the NRL. Needs to do less triathalon stuff and more weights. 6/10

Sam Harris - Played 14 minutes ?? or something like that. The game did not suit his style. 2/10

Congrats to Bradford. Too Big, too strong, too commited !
Only time I saw Hodgson was when he had two shots at goal - dreadful defence to let in one try and imo he just went MIA. Now you know why Mini is fullback for Australia.

Darth Bobo

He also must have missed the 2 times Hodgo got out of the in goal area where he looked trapped for sure.

Bradford played good, we played poorly and part of our poor performance stemmed from the Bulls forward pack dominating the game. There are reasons for both performances but no excuses, well done Bradford.

My personal highlight of the match was hearing Ganson telling Withers to "Shut your crying". Would love to hear the NRL refs take a page out his book there.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
How good is this Chris Heighnington? Yet another product of the English production line.

He was in the English press this week again saying he wants to return home and play in Super League and for GB, and what an honour it would be.

He said all Aussies are bums and he can't wait to get home to enjoy the culture.

Balmain_Boy

Honest question with no bitterness. Where the Bulls inside the 10 for some periods of the game? I don't remember a penalty for inside the 10 and they may have been exploiting it. But if they weren't, their line speed and fitness was better than anything i've seen in my life. Incredible.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Honest question with no bitterness. Where the Bulls inside the 10 for some periods of the game? I don't remember a penalty for inside the 10 and they may have been exploiting it. But if they weren't, their line speed and fitness was better than anything i've seen in my life. Incredible.

This was debated all through the Tri Nations on the international forums.

We play the game completely different over here. The 10 is different, the play the ball is different also. In the NRL you seem to be able to hold down for eternity, where in Super League it is enfored that strongly that it often becomes farcical as players scramble around to get off the player in time.

Andrew Johns and Wayne Bennett reckon it makes Super League better to watch and play in than the NRL as the defenses are far more open and there are more opportunities to attack, where the NRL is very tight and more organised.

I think the refs should get together for a weeks camp every off season to decide how things are going to be interpreted and make sure things are consistent. If it carries on liek it is we will soon have Super League rules, NRL rules and international rules and they will all be different.

Balmain_Boy

That's the thing though. Our play the balls were quick, but jeez Bradford were all over us. If anything our attack was stifled. If it is usually more open than that, full credit to Bradford, because we had less time than in an average NRL game.

colonel_123

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
If it carries on liek it is we will soon have Super League rules, NRL rules and international rules and they will all be different.

That wouldn't be any different to most international sports.

Baseball, basketball, etc all have different rules and interpretations between their local and international versions.

In many cases it's probably just unavoidable...

Eelementary

Post Whore
There is only one aspect of the SL that I'd like to see in the NRL:

I remember a few years back, Leeds got a 20 metre restart, and Mark Calderwood tapped it and ran 80 metres before the opposition defence even realised what was going on.

Latest posts