What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spolier* Trent Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Feelin Hornby said:
As a Dragons supporter relating Barretts Hit on Pj marsh to the Williams incident is a f**kin joke, Mark O'Neill didnt set Danny Williams off whereas PJ Marsh did to Barrett, I tohught Mander handed the situation well but people who think Barrett should receive a lengthy suspension should f**kin take a long hard look at urselves

Really? So please, tell me why he was charged and convicted at the judiucary of an illegal tackle? ? ?

David Brent

Juniors
Iafeta, what an absolute goose you are. If you want to call on my knowledge of the rigours of the game, I would love to compare your footballing endeavours with mine and see where you stand.

And don't try to patronise me - you only come off looking like the idiot you so evidently are.

*Paul*

Juniors
hotsnow said:
I can't see how people can call Barrett's punch 'cowardly' and then in the smae breath say PJ's 'hit' was ok. Tall poppy syndrome is oozing from this thread.

Brave effort to put a label on it, it's left me grasping for ideas.

Deacon

First Grade
Genghis Chan said:
Really? So please, tell me why he was charged and convicted at the judiucary of an illegal tackle? ? ?

mate wat the f**k are u on bout i congratulate parra on the win but gees mate u have no idea

Genghis Chan

Juniors
*Paul* said:
This is the point of the sane posters in this thread. This is foul play, and should've drawn a penalty. Barrett's reaction should then been the subject of further scrutiny.

How about quoting the whole thing? One angle it did look like it could've, another it looks like it missed. Like the try in the '99 grand final from a "forward pass" One angle looks like it could be forward. The shot was decieving, take another view, a better one and it's clearly okay. Same thing here.

And I don't care if Marsh gets charged or not, that should be irrelevent in this case if they intend on maintaining consistency.

Fairfax

Juniors
Why were the 2nd, 3rd and 4th men in not sin-binned?

The precedent was set earlier in the year with Finch.

David Brent said:
Iafeta, what an absolute goose you are. If you want to call on my knowledge of the rigours of the game, I would love to compare your footballing endeavours with mine and see where you stand.

And don't try to patronise me - you only come off looking like the idiot you so evidently are.

anyone who has the name of one biggest dickhead characters in a Comedy has a right to be patronised.

grouch

First Grade
hotsnow said:
Tall poppy syndrome is oozing from this thread.
That's my guess. Mixed in with a bit of indulgent self-righteousness from Storm supporters.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Feelin Hornby said:
mate wat the f**k are u on bout i congratulate parra on the win but gees mate u have no idea

You said that ONeill didn't set Danny Williams off. ONeill was deemed to have set him off with a high shot. THAT is what I'm talking about.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Barrett is definately a cat.

little bloke misses him, he gets up swinging at his head from behind.

later when a fella bigger than him gets him high he doesn't do a thing.

that's the way barrett, pick on the little blokes, you fkn big girl.

hotsnow

Juniors
Hari Kari said:

A flying elbow in the process of a kick is a bit different than a loose hand around the neck.....

*Paul*

Juniors
Genghis Chan said:
How about quoting the whole thing.
Why? I saw the incident myself. It was only minor contact, and an over-reaction from Barrett, but none the less, a penalisable offence.

Deacon

First Grade
Genghis Chan said:
You said that ONeill didn't set Danny Williams off. ONeill was deemed to have set him off with a high shot. THAT is what I'm talking about.

that tackle ONeill did was fine he didnt get suspended but to draw comparsons between the Danny Williams and Trent Barrett incidents is Laughable

Kiwi

First Grade
The only diference between Williams and Barrett is, Williams can punch.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Hari Kari said:

I'm sure he'd knock ur f*ckin head off

Mark O'neill got 2 weeks for a Head slam on DANNY WILLAMS

DANNY GOT 16 weeks.

Don't the arsehole Dragons supporter get the point

Status
Not open for further replies.