What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*spolier* Trent Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

weasel

First Grade
Let me ask everyone this; if you were elbowed in the face after just kicking the ball, as Barrett was, could you guarantee you would keep your cool? Whether or not the shot itself was initially illegal is irrelevant, Barrett had no way of telling that. An elbow to the face, especially after a player has just kicked the ball, is a send-off offense, and, unless you lack even a basic level of intelligence, it is pretty easy to gather that's what Barrett had thought occurred and pretty hard to blame him for feeling so. If the shot had been completely illegal and he'd done the same thing no one would be condemning his reaction. It's easy for us to pass judgement when we get to see the replay in slow motion and from several different angles, without having to cop the punishment. And even with that, there's still differing thoughts of opinion on whether or not the shot was fair.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
*Paul* said:
Why? I saw the incident myself. It was only minor contact, and an over-reaction from Barrett, but none the less, a penalisable offence.

If it was penalisable, then why did the professionals decide that it didn't warrant a penalty? Because although 1 shot doesn't look good, the other will clear him? ? ?

tye

Juniors
PJ marsh is a dirty player and always comes out to be the good guy...he should get va couple of weeks for contact with the head..

Phillips

Referee
tye said:
PJ marsh is a dirty player and always comes out to be the good guy...he should get va couple of weeks for contact with the head..

contact with the head?

what the f**k have you been smoking

David Brent said:
Chemicalstorm, have a long hard look at your signature and get back to me.

Mine is in Reference to Patrick Smith, The biggest and Fattest and Ugliest AFL journo in Australia

YOU NEED TO READ THE WRITING

Genghis Chan

Juniors
weasel said:
Let me ask everyone this; if you were elbowed in the face after just kicking the ball, as Barrett was, could you guarantee you would keep your cool? Whether or not the shot itself was initially illegal is irrelevant, Barrett had no way of telling that. An elbow to the face, especially after a player has just kicked the ball, is a send-off offense, and, unless you lack even a basic level of intelligence, it is pretty easy to gather that's what Barrett had thought occurred and pretty hard to blame him for feeling so. If the shot had been completely illegal and he'd done the same thing no one would be condemning his reaction. It's easy for us to pass judgement when we get to see the replay in slow motion and from several different angles, without having to cop the punishment. And even with that, there's still differing thoughts of opinion on whether or not the shot was fair.

It doesn't matter what Barrett THOUGHT! The officials cleared Marsh of any wrong. Barrett over-reacted massively to something that 4 professinals thought was perferctly fine.

Kiwi

First Grade
weasel said:

Well that excuse could of been used for danny Williams could it not? He was hit high, a tackle which landed O'Neill a suspension. Now I'm not condoning what Williams did, but whats good for one player has to be good for another.

gregstar

Referee
Kiwi said:
The only diference between Williams and Barrett is, Williams can punch.
you reckon you could mix it with barrett kiwi?
he'd punch you clean into 2010.

cainen

Juniors
From an unbiased perspective it looked to me like Marsh's arm hit Barrets forearm first then bounced up into Barret's chin.

Regardless of if it was high or not though, it's a piss weak thing to punch someone in the head from behind and even more girly to hold him in that position and keep punching him.

*Paul*

Juniors
Genghis Chan said:
If it was penalisable, then why did the professionals decide that it didn't warrant a penalty? Because although 1 shot doesn't look good, the other will clear him? ? ?
Right, I forgot the officials always make the right call. Which is essentially what it's all about, a poor call from the VR, which sadly happens all too often.

Parrasque

Juniors
The guys had 2 operations on his neck, goes to church and didn't even think about fighting back after the first punch.

PJ MARSH IS THE BEST BLOKE IN THE WORLD

BARRET, YOUR A FAUKIN DISCRASE

Kiwi said:
Well that excuse could of been used for danny Williams could it not? He was hit high, a tackle which landed O'Neill a suspension. Now I'm not condoning what Williams did, but whats good for one player has to be good for another.

The damage of Willams was not because of the head high tackle, It was done by the head slam and that is why o'neil got 2 weeks

gregstar

Referee
cainen said:
From an unbiased perspective it looked to me like Marsh's arm hit Barrets forearm first then bounced up into Barret's chin.

Regardless of if it was high or not though, it's a piss weak thing to punch someone in the head from behind and even more girly to hold him in that position and keep punching him.
exactly - barrett was on angry pills all night - dissappointing from the captain.
obviously he believed he was hit high & reacted accordingly, but the team was irresponsible in not playing the whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts