What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsors ??

Kornstar

Coach
I have heard the same of Phil Moss who is working massive hours, the same can also be said of the Girls in the Membership office who are running to catch up and putting in 12 hours days including Saturday and Sunday.

Mate, i have put in 16 hour days, 7 days a week for very long periods of time due to pathetic management for plenty of jobs for pathetic pay over the years, it happens, we need to move on from harping on about it.

The membership drive is now over for this year, those people can now resume normal transmission........

It wasn't ideal but it happened and there isn't much we can do about it now!

Mate, i have put in 16 hour days, 7 days a week for very long periods of time due to pathetic management for plenty of jobs for pathetic pay over the years, it happens, we need to move on from harping on about it.

The membership drive is now over for this year, those people can now resume normal transmission........

It wasn't ideal but it happened and there isn't much we can do about it now!

No, There is nothing we can do about it now, but there are lessons we can learn from it.

But the membership drive is not over yet. Memberships are still available until April and I am hearing tell that some Members still don't have their cards yet.

Kornstar

Coach
No, There is nothing we can do about it now, but there are lessons we can learn from it.

But the membership drive is not over yet. Memberships are still available until April and I am hearing tell that some Members still don't have their cards yet.

Agree on the lessons learnt, cannot agree more on that. Next year they should hire casual staff from the outset, maybe Uni students while on holidays as it is the perfect time for them imo. That way the club doesn't have all the associated costs of a full-time employee.

It is definitely regrettable that some members don't have their cards yet, the most important thing is though that they don't miss the game.

If people were to pull their memberships next year because of the debacle this year then that is their problem, we are inconvenienced every day in this world whether that is traffic, train, weather, hospitals, doctors etc. not having your membership card on game day is hardly the end of the world and shouldn't stop you from renewing your membership next time imo (i am not saying that you think the above by the way).

The people who i would understand may not want to renew next year are the Blue Blood supporters, mainly for the people who just want memberships and not the other stuff, that imo is the only flaw in the thinking of the new board when it comes to memberships.

Suitman

Post Whore
The people who i would understand may not want to renew next year are the Blue Blood supporters, mainly for the people who just want memberships and not the other stuff, that imo is the only flaw in the thinking of the new board when it comes to memberships.

The thing with memberships though is that to make them profitable, they need to charge a reasonably decent price. $25 just wouldn't cut it imo. By the time they print an annual report, provide a badge, give everyone 2 beers at the AGM and with all the administration processing, there's not much of that $25 left.
I might be in the minority and I can accept that, but I'd rather pay the $70 and get a few cheap handouts, knowing full well that at least a decent part of my membership money is going to help the club.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
The thing with memberships though is that to make them profitable, they need to charge a reasonably decent price. $25 just wouldn't cut it imo. By the time they print an annual report, provide a badge, give everyone 2 beers at the AGM and with all the administration processing, there's not much of that $25 left.
I might be in the minority and I can accept that, but I'd rather pay the $70 and get a few cheap handouts, knowing full well that at least a decent part of my membership money is going to help the club.

Suity

Apparently this just isn't enough for some people...

Membership card
Members lanyard
Members hat
Members bumper sticker
Members key ring
Members cooler bag
Members coaster set
Members tattoo sheet
2009 Parramatta Eels Year Book
$20 voucher for the BGA HQ (formerly Parra Footy Heaven)
Discounted merchandise at BGA HQ
Access to the Eels members only bar for ANZ Stadium home games
Discounted tickets (15% off) to Eels home games*
Discounted tickets to away games (subject to venue’s own terms and conditions)*
Entry to the annual member’s forum
Preferential buying windows for NRL Grand Final, NRL Final Series and State of Origin tickets*
Invitation to attend members only events
Opportunity to win exclusive members prizes at all home games
PDRL membership (16 years and over)
Pirtek Pages subscription (mailed out quarterly)
Weekly e-newsletter subscription (e-mail address must be provided)

fish eel

Immortal

Suity

TBH, another option might be for the optional add ons.

I have this with another couple of groups I pay yearly membership for.

You pay your base membership fee and tick the box for extra 'exclusive' add ons, whether they be caps, coasters, whatever. .

mickdo

Coach
By the sound of it they wanted to keep it simple, and considering that there were only 500 or so FC members before all this (many of whom may have also subscribed to the 'extras' and STHs separately), it wasn't as if it was a huge number of people that were being catered for solely by that package.

Kornstar

Coach

Suity

Hey, for me it is not an issue at all. I would happily pay $70 for it if i wasn't a STH. I used to buy the ST $295, plus the B&G army pack for $35, LC membership $10 (?) and FC membership for $25. I have no issue spending money on this stuff, i love the club and i love supporting it any way i can.

I would have gotten out of it cheaper this year had i not bought the Hayne membership. It would have been STH $315, LC $10. Maybe this is the clubs way of trying to get people to actually buying a season ticket?

Pay $70 for just membership and "Bells and Whistles" OR $100 (or what is the cheapest GA package) for the B&G Army and you get a seat, "Bells and Whistles" and a membership, for not much more?

What i really am getting at is the people who honestly cannot afford the $70 but would still just like voting rights for example. I believe they should have something, make it $35 just for that? A $10 increase from the old but without the "Bells and Whistles" so to speak......

mickdo

Coach
What i really am getting at is the people who honestly cannot afford the $70 but would still just like voting rights for example. I believe they should have something, make it $35 just for that? A $10 increase from the old but without the "Bells and Whistles" so to speak......

Yes, but realistically how many people are there in that boat to cater for it?

Suitman

Post Whore
Hey, for me it is not an issue at all. I would happily pay $70 for it if i wasn't a STH. I used to buy the ST $295, plus the B&G army pack for $35, LC membership $10 (?) and FC membership for $25. I have no issue spending money on this stuff, i love the club and i love supporting it any way i can.

I would have gotten out of it cheaper this year had i not bought the Hayne membership. It would have been STH $315, LC $10. Maybe this is the clubs way of trying to get people to actually buying a season ticket?

Pay $70 for just membership and "Bells and Whistles" OR $100 (or what is the cheapest GA package) for the B&G Army and you get a seat, "Bells and Whistles" and a membership, for not much more?

I'm with you on all of that, but I'm not sure there'd be that many people out there who couldn't afford $1.34 a week for a $70 membership if they really wanted to. Those that say they can't would spend more than that going to a couple of games.
I fully support the price of $70 for a membership.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
I'm with you on all of that, but I'm not sure there'd be that many people out there who couldn't afford $1.34 a week for a $70 membership if they really wanted to. Those that say they can't would spend more than that going to a couple of games.
I fully support the price of $70 for a membership.

Suity

you've got the have the $70 up front though, dont you?

Can't pay by the week.

Why not?

Suity

Because I'd like to think our club would be inclusive to everyone, not just those that can afford $70, more than double what club membership previously was.

If there are 5, 15, 50 or 100 people I don't think it matters. They're still people potentially disenfranchised and I dont think thats a good thing.

Hence, I mentioned earlier, I think it would be useful if the club undertook some type of membership survey. Find out what people want and expect from their memberships and if they see value in it. Afterall, the views expressed by the 'whingers' in this thread may not be representative of the broader members.

This is only the first year we've had such a broad range of membership packages. If they can be made better, then I think it's a win win.

born an eel

Bench
they can have concessions, (pension, student, unemployed)
$70 is fine but just make it 1 or 2 quality items eg cap & keyring that can change each year eg. cooler & beenie

mickdo

Coach
should that matter?

Absolutely! I'm sure there are some people out there who just don't want the year book, or those that don't want the stickers, or who would have preferred a scarf to the cap, or just wanted FC membership + the year book. You can't cater to them all, and you have to take a business decision in the end.

mickdo

Coach
$70 is fine but just make it 1 or 2 quality items eg cap & keyring that can change each year eg. cooler & beenie

Yeah, they should definitely cycle the gear each year, but I don't know about just 1 or 2 things. Despite the quality a lot of people might see that as simply not enough in it.

fish eel

Immortal
Absolutely! I'm sure there are some people out there who just don't want the year book, or those that don't want the stickers, or who would have preferred a scarf to the cap, or just wanted FC membership + the year book. You can't cater to them all, and you have to take a business decision in the end.

I'm not talking anout whether people prefer one item to another, I'm talking about capacity to pay. If I prefer a scarf to a hat, I'm not disenfranchised the same way I am if I dont have $70 to pay (especially if its more than double what I paid last year).

born an eel

Bench
Yeah, they should definitely cycle the gear each year, but I don't know about just 1 or 2 things. Despite the quality a lot of people might see that as simply not enough in it.
plus card, discount and yearbook.
Maybe the kiddies pack could include a lot of cheaper items, stickers, pens, what happened to the old roll of streamer.

Latest posts