What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoon race - 2019

Wooden spooners 2019

• Total voters

Smack

Coach
I'm sorry but if you ever change teams, you are not a real fan. Same as supporting two. One and that's it, fite me.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm sorry but if you ever change teams, you are not a real fan. Same as supporting two. One and that's it, fite me.
I supported the Steelers, I now support the Dragons..

I have a mate who supported the Magpies, he now supports the Tigers..

Valheru

Coach
But a lot of the kids go for the Titans. That's where they will get there supporters from. The next generation of fans. But they need a few seasons of really being competitive so all the kids want to love that team.

Do they?

It has now been 12 years for the titans so 10 year olds when they started are now 22 but the support looks to have gone downhill.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I’m hoping we see another 2002 or 2010 scenario and one of the top flying teams gets done for salary cap cheating & loses all their points..
It will be manly just after the roosters announce the arrow and Sam Burgess signings

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Do they?

It has now been 12 years for the titans so 10 year olds when they started are now 22 but the support looks to have gone downhill.
12 years of mediocrity in a town where everyone is from somewhere else (so their family probably already has a team), that isn’t great for building a fan base.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
12 years of mediocrity in a town where everyone is from somewhere else (so their family probably already has a team), that isn’t great for building a fan base.
Their best window was when they went deep into the semis with Prince, rogers, presto, Bailey, minnichello, laffranchi, ash Harrison etc all in form and doing well. Since then the rosters have been utter dogshit in comparison

Reflector

Juniors
Their best window was when they went deep into the semis with Prince, rogers, presto, Bailey, minnichello, laffranchi, ash Harrison etc all in form and doing well. Since then the rosters have been utter dogshit in comparison

Playing the Roosters in front of a packed house at Suncorp for a spot in the Grand Final...

Seems a lifetime ago now. Like the Dragons winning the Premiership.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Do they?

There is a lot more competition for the kids now with the Suns throwing freebies at everybody. Not that either team is doing that well and haven't yet for quite some time. I said it earlier, one good coach for the next 10 years who can get the team to the semi's regularly will change the whole dynamic of the support for the club.

THe tram line going straight to Robina from Surfers would also help get a few more punters to the game. THough that is at least 10 years away

Last edited:

Latest posts