What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoon watch 2023

Dragons and Wests have so much in common.
Both teams pretty much get nearly all the 50/50 calls go against them.
Both teams have forgotten how to grind out a tough win during the last 20 minutes of the game.
Who knows how we go against a depleted and down on form Souths team in Cairns this Saturday??
Whilst Wests have taken their home game to NZ to be played at Waikato against the in form Warriors.
If our defence holds up in the coming month we might just hang on and avoid the spoon.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Dragons and Wests have so much in common.
Both teams pretty much get nearly all the 50/50 calls go against them.
Both teams have forgotten how to grind out a tough win during the last 20 minutes of the game.
Who knows how we go against a depleted and down on form Souths team in Cairns this Saturday??
Whilst Wests have taken their home game to NZ to be played at Waikato against the in form Warriors.
If our defence holds up in the coming month we might just hang on and avoid the spoon.
Tigers have to win 2 and by big margins. I say no way.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints beat Manly and Eels which they should have, they would be ahead of Dogs of For and against. Damn it.

I feel it is going to go down to the wire. The next 2 weeks will give us some confirmation I hoep that is if the Tigers lost both games

Anon

Bench
Although I firmly believe the tigers deserve the spoon this year based on the fact we’ve been raped by the bunker three weeks in a row plus we’ve lost 7 or 8 games this year having scored the same number or more tries than the opposition I think we’re well and truly still in the running. From what I’ve see tonight the tigers could easily beat the dolphins next week and then only need to beat either the Roosters or Manly who will likely have nothing to play for in Rd 27

if we get belted by either Storm and or Warriors /knights or lose all by a combined 68 points the spoon will be ours albeit courtesy of those merkins in the Bunker.

I also think the Tigers are a big chance of beating the Dolphins next weekend, especially with the game being played at CommBank Stadium, Parramatta.
But the Tigers last two games will not be easy.
The following weekend they play the Roosters away.
Their record against the Roosters is very average.
Last round, they play the dreaded 6pm Friday night game away v Manly.
I think they are still the favourites for the spoon, but only still marginally in front of the Dragons.

56to66

Juniors
I thought 1986 to 1991 was a dark period, post Wayne Bennett up to now has been hard to swallow and even longer, a football club, franchise, whatever you want to f**king call it, it's just unbelievable, particularly this year, the officiating is pure disgusting, every week we're flogging a dead horse with the referees.
I remember as a young kid watching the 1977 GF, there was so much respect for the Red V from commentators, even Greg Hartley the referee was a Saint even though he was a Bulldog supporter, St George were the Pride of the League for 4 decades(11 in a Row), playing teams like the Panthers was a guarantee 2 points, playing in semi finals was part of the St George's DNA.
I really hope Shane Flanagan can turn things around things quick smart, you reach an age where you think wow where did the last 30 years go, and 1 premiership to show, the next 30 who knows, every year will be a blessing to be alive then lights out, common Saints!

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought 1986 to 1991 was a dark period, post Wayne Bennett up to now has been hard to swallow and even longer, a football club, franchise, whatever you want to f**king call it, it's just unbelievable, particularly this year, the officiating is pure disgusting, every week we're flogging a dead horse with the referees.
I remember as a young kid watching the 1977 GF, there was so much respect for the Red V from commentators, even Greg Hartley the referee was a Saint even though he was a Bulldog supporter, St George were the Pride of the League for 4 decades(11 in a Row), playing teams like the Panthers was a guarantee 2 points, playing in semi finals was part of the St George's DNA.
I really hope Shane Flanagan can turn things around things quick smart, you reach an age where you think wow where did the last 30 years go, and 1 premiership to show, the next 30 who knows, every year will be a blessing to be alive then lights out, common Saints!
Hang in there 56 to 66. It has been tough for the Dragons and us fans the past decade and this year has been one to forget. On and off the field has been fraught with so many negatives and not too many high lights. We are faced with possibly ending up with the wooden spoon which would be tragic.

Most of us are hoping that Flanagan will be the shining light for us for the future and we had similar hopes with the last coach (I've forgotten his name). Will Flanagan be able to turn this around for us or will the words from his mouth be similar to those of his predecessor and be much the same tough years ahead? We have just got to hang in there again and see what eventuates.

Latest posts