What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpoonWatch 2023

56to66

Juniors
I would say our 7th. It is still joint venture of Dragons and Steelers and not a new entity. It is like merger between two companies. When two companies merge they get all the assets, patents and even liabilities the two companies.
Can you please inform the NRL and the Media, as not say we have only 1 premierships.
16 sounds better.
Believe you me every other fwit supporters will remind me of this wooden spoon for the next 10 years of my life.

thebigredv

First Grade
Despite the fact we had a blow out lead and blew that with 3 minutes to go we did still take a step in the right direction to avoiding the spoon.

If we can play with the same interest for that first 75 minutes we can get away from last.

Knights ,looking much better than us but along with Dogs are now only one win ahead (plus a draw).

Ultimately I think it comes down to 4 teams - dragons, knights, dogs and tigers.

When you are trying to get off the bottom one win goes a long way so that's a big tick for today. A game we should have won and did.

Victoire

Juniors
Bye for us this week, and the Tigers & Bulldogs both have tough games (Storm & Sharks). We could jump up to 15th!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints have a tougher draw than Tigers and Dogs unfortunately. Losing to them both will be the difference in the end unless Saints can pull off some upsets.

If only Hook was sacked earlier in the year Saints would be in a much better position. The board is 100% responsible for the spoon and not Hook.

dannyt

Coach
Saints have a tougher draw than Tigers and Dogs unfortunately. Losing to them both will be the difference in the end unless Saints can pull off some upsets.

If only Hook was sacked earlier in the year Saints would be in a much better position. The board is 100% responsible for the spoon and not Hook.
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

I posted here a little while back that the fight for the spoon could well be decided when we play Wests early next month.
Looking at the draw, I cannot see many wins for either team between now and the end of the season.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Drop Hunt but don't release him - and don't let him anywhere near the side. Drop Bird - tell him if he can't get fit, don't turn up. Get the rest of the players together and read them the riot act. Let them know there is potentially $2M up for grabs, but if they're not prepared to put in it will be spent on new players, not them. Do that and we may, just may, avoid the spoon.

steerlerbab

Juniors
After seeing what happened last night, only a miracle will save us from Wooden spoon. Let's forget about Hunt, he is yesterdays news (I am sure a deal being hammered out behind the doors with a club that wants him).

So let's concentrate on the shortcomings of the current squad:

1. Rava: He cant jump under high ball and that is why he is a target. With his size and power he will make a nice edge forward. If Ramset comes back, he or Sloan may share the wing spot.
2. Fegai: He can jump, but he seems to be a yard or 2 slower than last year. I think he is carrying some sort of injury.
3. Half or five eight: We should be in the market for a decent half or five eight to partner Sullivan.
4. Amone: He is not the same player that was last year. Not sure if it is the court case or attitude. He definitely is not a 14.
5. Bird: fitness seems to be an issue. He should now be our number 14 as he can cover both backs and forwards.
6. Front row (Molos, Musgrove): Between 3 of them they covered 86 minutes. It should be close to 120 minutes.
7. Mbye: I think letting him go should free a fair amount of contract money
8. Liddle: He did 44 tackles in 57 minutes of game time. Obviously the opposition is targeting him. I may be worth to bring him after 20 minutes.

SO our shortcomings are:

Fullback or wing, half or five eight, 2 front rows and number 14.

Mojo

Bench
Tigers just want it more than us. The spoon that is.

it would be fitting if both dragons finish equal last same differential.

never have two teams deserved the spoon last. No fight left in either team.
Who’s the Tigers captain and does he want to be there?
Dogs famously bought a footy side this year and are looking pretty spoon shaped, too.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wow, Cowboys 72-0. Biggest win in the history of the club they say. I say its the biggest win in the history of many other clubs too.

Just goes to show that the Joint Venture arrangements just don't work - The JV's lose 124-16 this week.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wow, Cowboys 72-0. Biggest win in the history of the club they say. I say its the biggest win in the history of many other clubs too.

Just goes to show that the Joint Venture arrangements just don't work - The JV's lose 124-16 this week.
Sorry - 74 nil