What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad 2022

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm really concerned about our edge forwards atm. We have Luc and Garner this year. Blore is gone. Kelma and Luc are gone next year with Paps coming in.

I reckon we have to play Joe O or Seyfarth there and I don't think they are suited to an edge.

Does anyone know if any of our development players have it in them ?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm really concerned about our edge forwards atm. We have Luc and Garner this year. Blore is gone. Kelma and Luc are gone next year with Paps coming in.

I reckon we have to play Joe O or Seyfarth there and I don't think they are suited to an edge.

Does anyone know if any of our development players have it in them ?
Certainly injury is not doing WT any favours. We will have to look at Tuilagi, Offa, Seyfarth and Twal to fill at least one of the edge spots if Luc or Garner go down or are dropped this season- particularly the first half season when our existing injuries are out till end of. Plus hopefully as you allude to someone from development / reserves may also get the opportunity.

But yes, we have to recruit some others, there was those 2 N Qld lads we tried to get for Luciano plus Storm, Roosters. Sharks and Penrith always seem to have enough coming through that we should / might jag 1 or 2 for 23 onwards. I suppose thought we would h=want someone first grade ready meaning we would have to pay out more $$$ than a developing player.

Shredder

Juniors
Not surprised TBH.

Kid will get a run somewhere.

I still dont see why we didnt off Brooks when we had the chance....

Tiger05

First Grade
Not surprised TBH.

What are you not surprised with ? Madden hasn't shown that he is anywhere near a first grade quality half. Brooks is a first grade quality half. The club surely has no need to give Madden or Brooks or anyone game time unless they deserve it.

I'm not surprised that his management are shopping him. There are a lack of halves in the comp and it's in Madden's interests to try and get some time in first grade.

I have no problems with Brooks getting replaced by Madden or Hastings but these guys needs to earn their spots. I think the club is doing the right thing. The more options for us the better. Let them fight it out.

Shredder

Juniors
Thats the trouble, they dont fight it out they leave.

Same thing happened with Tedesco and Papenhausen.

Tiger05

First Grade
Thats the trouble, they dont fight it out they leave.

Same thing happened with Tedesco and Papenhausen.

When they don't have a contract. Madden has a contract. We have to release him. Plus he hasn't been very good.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hes played three games in two years and your going to label him as no good?

Not at all. I'm just stating that he hasn't been very good. He looked good in that trial. I was impressed.

That 20 odd minute performance is not enough to warrant handing him the 7 jersey and an upgraded contract. We have to stop getting carried away like that.

I think we should retain him and Hastings and Doueihi and Brooks and let the best players get the spots where they suit the team. We then simply don't sign the guys we choose to let leave. If another club wants them early let them go. We shouldn't though have that choice dictated to us. We should be making those decisions especially while we have these players contracted to the club.

stryker

First Grade
Not at all. I'm just stating that he hasn't been very good. He looked good in that trial. I was impressed.

That 20 odd minute performance is not enough to warrant handing him the 7 jersey and an upgraded contract. We have to stop getting carried away like that.

I think we should retain him and Hastings and Doueihi and Brooks and let the best players get the spots where they suit the team. We then simply don't sign the guys we choose to let leave. If another club wants them early let them go. We shouldn't though have that choice dictated to us. We should be making those decisions especially while we have these players contracted to the club.
Punt Brooks, f**ken dwarf looking shit bag he is. Give Madden 8 years then compare them.

Fordy20

Juniors
Hes played three games in two years and your going to label him as no good?

He was completely outplayed by Volkman in the trial last year and since then he's done nothing to show he's any better than the players currently in front of him in our squad. How good he is will be reflected in the results reserve grade this year.

Tiger05

First Grade
He was completely outplayed by Volkman in the trial last year and since then he's done nothing to show he's any better than the players currently in front of him in our squad. How good he is will be reflected in the results reserve grade this year.

It's not about writing Madden off too early. It's about having a realistic assessment of his current ability. He can demand that 7 jersey on performances. I'm not sure that will happen but it could. It depends if Madden is good enough.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
It's not about writing Madden off too early. It's about having a realistic assessment of his current ability. He can demand that 7 jersey on performances. I'm not sure that will happen but it could. It depends if Madden is good enough.
Even when our Cup team was dominating last year Madden was never a stand out IMO

Most of the current crop of young halves coming through have earnt their spot through being levels above their opposition

Tigerm

First Grade

Rua Ngatikaura joins Wests Tigers top squad​

I haven’t seen a squad update for a while, I think he may be our 30th and last signing for this year?

Last edited:

Latest posts