What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad 2022

Vic Mackey

Referee

Rua Ngatikaura joins Wests Tigers top squad​

I haven’t seen a squad update for a while, I think he may be our 30th and last signing for this year?

it’s for 2023/24. He can play first grade after round 10 just on a T&T so they probably won’t bother upgrading him this year

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Probably should keep one of those two for depth. Don’t want it to end up like 2017 when we lost all fullback depth.
It depends, Liddle is off contract end of 23, Simpkin end of 24. I cant can help the suspicion Simpkin will want to go back to QLD, and sure, the Dolphins offer potential of squad membership there for next year. Well, lets face it Liddle has had a horrible run of injuries and probably only has a few more years left before they take their toll, and would he like to place 2nd/3rd string player? (only probably yes, if he got no better offers elsewhere). Liddle would be good to keep as depth at least until end of current contract. Having said that it would be good of either Liddle or Simpkln could develop some versatility in their armoury. If they could also do backrow / lock it would be added reason to keep.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We have to keep in mind that Api probably has only a few years left in him. A big part of his value will be showing the squad what a grand final winning 9 looks like and how they need to gel with the rest of the team. Once he retires we will need someone to slot straight into that role, which I imagine will be 2025/26. I can't see Liddle sticking around that long when he could probably get a starting (or at least 2nd string) offer at a club needing a hooker.

Tigerm

First Grade
We have to keep in mind that Api probably has only a few years left in him. A big part of his value will be showing the squad what a grand final winning 9 looks like and how they need to gel with the rest of the team. Once he retires we will need someone to slot straight into that role, which I imagine will be 2025/26. I can't see Liddle sticking around that long when he could probably get a starting (or at least 2nd string) offer at a club needing a hooker.
If Liddle is retained, he would be our 2nd string 9, and by the looks Rua our 3rd with Simpkin going back north. Probably all will be needed.

WA Tiger

Bench
Positive article but Im getting sick of this repeated drivel. It’s like we’re in some kind of parallel universe. Like what we are seeing is not really happening.
1: Brooks has zero reason to feel dejected with the $ he’s reported to be on 2: Hastings will know that Brooks is a dud. I mean he’s got a birds eye view of him. He also knows he has to sing from the same hyme book as the coach and sheens. With Brooks as with anything you read, you have to read between the lines, and also look at other things that could help confirm it’s true, or not true then weigh it up.
The fact is unlike at practice, when the pressures on Brooks doesn’t know when or where to run and he will be in a position to set up a try at 6 and he will mess it up.
When we are dominating different story.But we are usually not.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
The fact is unlike at practice, when the pressures on Brooks doesn’t know when or where to run and he will be in a position to set up a try at 6 and he will mess it up.

He played well. He can play old Brooksy. He just shouldn't be your chief play maker.

WA Tiger

Bench
He played well. He can play old Brooksy. He just shouldn't be your chief play maker.
I just watched the highlights and re my post that said Brooks couldn’t do a cut out pass then I see him do a double cut out left handed pass to Nofo for a try. I enjoyed being proven wrong there…See Madge just beamed a smile in the booth..

Tiger05

First Grade
I just watched the highlights and re my post that said Brooks couldn’t do a cut out pass then I see him do a double cut out left handed pass to Nofo for a try. I enjoyed being proven wrong there…See Madge just beamed a smile in the booth..

One thing that I've rarely seen Brooksy do is a good long pass. He nailed that pass to Nofo.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looking at our games this year, we sorely need a FB?

To’a and Laurie just don’t cut it for me? Not bad players, but just not FB’s?

Not sure if we have anyone coming up from the lower grades, but the only one I can think of, who may work is Doueihi, not sure if he as ever played there though?

TBH, maybe JAC could be enticed back here for this spot, though he hasn’t played there either, I believe?

Tiger05

First Grade
who may work is Doueihi, not sure if he as ever played there though?

He played there for us and for Souths. I think the general assessment was that he was too slow for us and he was better suited to the centres or 6.

I think fullback is our weakest position now as well. I'd give AD a go there as well. He is safe under the high ball, he can ball play and he is a strong runner of the footy.

The Rosco

Bench
At least he looks like he had the discipline to keep away from KFC during his rehab. He looks lean as.
Hope he stays injury free so we can really see what he's got.

Latest posts