What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

BrotherJim05

Bench
Every club have 3 or 4 stories from pre season that this season is their year and they are really gonna step up etc.

Proof will be in the pudding

Tiger05

First Grade
This is far from factual however this is apparently something like out top 14 players:-
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/01/27/lights-camera-action/

I assume the team will be looking something like this:-

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. BJ Leilua
4. James Roberts
5. Tommy Talau

6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Jacob Liddle
10. James Tamou
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Sean Blore

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Twal
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Thomas Mikaele

I reckon Liddle can't handle an 80 minute hooker role so maybe Simpkins will get a shot off the bench.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

This was on the other site, I don't know who this poster is?

The club was informed to bring the most likely starters to the shoot, I believe the number they wanted was 14. The photo was taken with the players on the left hand side making up the left edge - Brooks, Garner, Roberts & Talau. The players on the right hand side making up the right edge - Nofoaluma, Doueihi, Luciano & BJ and the middle included the middle players - Tamou, Ofahengaue, Twal and Blore with Mbye (fullback) and Liddle (hooker) also in the middle with Madge.

It’s a good indication of how the team will likely look and is consistent with what has been happening with training, however I wouldn’t say that those players are a “lock” to start. Trials will be a big factor.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Maybe not exactly in those positions but that is more than likely our starting 17. Maybe Simpkin replaces Mikale or Stefano if Liddle can't play 80

Vic Mackey

Referee

This was on the other site, I don't know who this poster is?

The club was informed to bring the most likely starters to the shoot, I believe the number they wanted was 14. The photo was taken with the players on the left hand side making up the left edge - Brooks, Garner, Roberts & Talau. The players on the right hand side making up the right edge - Nofoaluma, Doueihi, Luciano & BJ and the middle included the middle players - Tamou, Ofahengaue, Twal and Blore with Mbye (fullback) and Liddle (hooker) also in the middle with Madge.

It’s a good indication of how the team will likely look and is consistent with what has been happening with training, however I wouldn’t say that those players are a “lock” to start. Trials will be a big factor.

thats interesting re the club being told to bring the most likely to Start

I’m not sure id read much into the left/right side thing though. I think they’ve just gone the most recognize at the front (bj, Nofa, Moses, tamou, brooks, Jet)

A mate of mine went to training the other day and said they were main group seemed to be:

right Doueihi/Blore/Jet/Nofa
Left brooks/luch/bj/Tommy

Also said Tyrone Roberts-Davis was filling in a lot at fullback, I believe he is currently train and trial

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
This is far from factual however this is apparently something like out top 14 players:-

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. BJ Leilua
4. James Roberts
5. Tommy Talau

6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Jacob Liddle
10. James Tamou
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Sean Blore

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Twal
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Thomas Mikaele

I reckon Liddle can't handle an 80 minute hooker role so maybe Simpkins will get a shot off the bench.
Whoever plays in the number 13 jumper needs to do this. I think Blore is very capable.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. BJ Leilua
4. James Roberts
5. Tommy Talau

6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Jacob Liddle
10. James Tamou
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Sean Blore

14. Zane Musgrove
15. Alex Twal
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Thomas Mikaele

I think this year's style of play having 2 dummy halves will be pretty dynamic. On the other forum one of the blokes said he'd spoken to a trainer and Simpkins was mentioned to be a Smokey for the bench

depending on how Mikaele's early season form is, it might be for him.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think this year's style of play having 2 dummy halves will be pretty dynamic. On the other forum one of the blokes said he'd spoken to a trainer and Simpkins was mentioned to be a Smokey for the bench

depending on how Mikaele's early season form is, it might be for him.
I think they would be worried about Liddell being able to last 80mins? So it makes sense.

IMO it would have been Mbye in that role, and may well end up there if Laurie comes and produces the hype we are expecting.

WA Tiger

Bench
I hope we get Laurie, but I don't think he is going to be our saviour, I am not sure, he has played many NRL games at all. If he does come this year, I wouldn't expect him to play NRL for a while.

IMO it would have been Mbye in that role, and may well end up there if Laurie comes and produces the hype we are expecting.

so which is it

Latest posts